Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

Crash Bandicoot has the most likes, hopefully this means he'll get in!

Edited by Winston
  • Thumbs Up 1

Note: We are all about surprises... some characters that might make an appearence in this game as playable characters will not be added for voting. So don't get dissapointed if one of your favorite characters are not added to the voting album... if the characters is requested by many and we are allowed to include it, we would like to surprise the fans.

Lightning and Sonic please. D8

Okay something weird happened. The Facebook page for this game has been shut down. Trying to find the answer why.

• 3 weeks later...

PlayStation All-Stars is dropping on October 23rd, 2012 in the U.S., and October 24th, 2012 in most of Europe.

Pre-order bonus (alternate costumes):

eDAxJ.jpg

Superbot is also planning to show some new content tonight at 6:00pm PST, during their Exhibition Presentation at EVO, also two new characters will be announced tonight, while two more will be announced at San Diego Comic-Con next week.

Edited by Winston

Jak and Toro were said to be new characters in this rumour thing, let's see if it was right.

Haha, this game at EVO? Seriously? Didn't see that coming.

This should be interesting. I wonder if and how they're going to tout it's competitive capabilities considering how unsuitable Brawl was and how badly the organizers handled it the year it was on stage.

Snake was pretty much confirmed via VA, so I'm guessing that'll be one of the reveals.

Haha, this game at EVO? Seriously? Didn't see that coming.

This should be interesting. I wonder if and how they're going to tout it's competitive capabilities considering how unsuitable Brawl was and how badly the organizers handled it the year it was on stage.

Well, they do have EVO co-founder Seth Killian on staff now. Not surprising.

No thanks Sony, but I'd really like to have Ratchet, Jak and maybe even Crash Bandicoot now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just saw that. Toro is p. cool, Heihachi is on the boring side (sweet super tho). Parappa stage too.

Both do make a lot of sense for a PS-based game and will probably be more balanced than in SFxT, bwahaha.

No thanks Sony, but I'd really like to have Ratchet, Jak and maybe even Crash Bandicoot now.

They have quite a few more characters to reveal. I think next two will be at Comic Con, and following this pattern it'll be a first and a third party character. Maybe you'll get Ratchet/Jax there, they're really obvious choices.

Edit: Ratchet had a comic so he'd fit for a CC unveil, but Cole's also got the superhero theme...

Edited by Dobkeratops

They have quite a few more characters to reveal. I think next two will be at Comic Con, and following this pattern it'll be a first and a third party character. Maybe you'll get Ratchet/Jax there, they're really obvious choices.

I hope so, because all of the characters so far I don't really like. I like Nathan and Sly, that's pretty much it. So hopefully we see either Ratchet or Jak next week.

Oh wow, that was a coincidence. We just got done using that song at my school for the Toro trailer. The song is called Genesis, but I can't remember the artist for the life of me, XD.

Pretty cool though. Not really characters I'm awfully familiar with, but cool nonetheless

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm much more excited for the stage they revelealed along the way than for those characters.

Who is this Toro? I know he was in SFxT, but I have no idea where he comes from.

Toro is SCEJ's mascot.

He's had quite a few games plus a lot of cameos in both first and third party titles. He's been on pretty much every PS platform, Pocketstation included. He gets around, but unfortunately only in Japan.

It tells you in the article. =P

Toro Inoue, also known as the Sony Cat, has been a faithful mascot to Sony in Japan for over a decade! He has made appearances in numerous video games spanning several different Sony consoles and is a welcome addition to our roster. Though appearing to be simply a cute feline, the warrior within proves to be as formidable as the next.

I'm not very familiar with this character (obviously) but I've seen him a couple times in other games and I think he's pretty cute. Yeah, I like Toro. =3 Heinachi is eh. I don't play Tekken.

You know, with characters like Toro which may be unfamiliar in the West, I hope they get character profiles in the game like the Super Smash Bros series, maybe even trophies or collectables. I know it'll be even more of a clone, but I always enjoyed reading the trivia of various Nintendo games.

So it was recently pointed out that this game is basically a smash bros coin match gam, aka, the mode nobody likes.

Well....I am a Heihachi fan, so I can't really complain...

Oh wow, that was a coincidence. We just got done using that song at my school for the Toro trailer. The song is called Genesis, but I can't remember the artist for the life of me, XD.

Justice. Daft Punk's evil twins if they had any.

Despite Toro being an addition that's going to raise some major question marks for people seeing how westerners have pretty much no exposure to him, it's a pretty neat addition I can get behind. Heihachi is just kind of... there though. It's making the roster look a bit all over the place and I can't help but think it's going to look weird once the third party roster expands.

If anything I want to play as Michael.

I kind of want the character from Journey. Of course he/she wouldn't really have any useful abilities. Heck I'd settle for a Journey-themed level.

Toro is currently the best character to be revealed. I just love the personality he brings to the game.

It's making the roster look a bit all over the place and I can't help but think it's going to look weird once the third party roster expands.

Why? Tekken has a very strong relationship with the Playstation brand.

Or is it because he hails from a fighting game?

So it was recently pointed out that this game is basically a smash bros coin match gam, aka, the mode nobody likes.

Except it's nothing like that at all and that statement makes no sense.

Heihachi is an appropriate choice for the roster. He is a prominent, well-known and really popular fighting game character from a series with strong ties to the PlayStation brand. I can understand not caring for him but really, he makes sense.

Toro is fucking awesome because he's fucking Toro and a stance change character. That is all.

*sigh* can we just get this damned "Smash Bros. rip-off so it sucks" mentality out of the way with this.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/07/08/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-developer-responds-to-super-smash-brothers-comparisons/

“PlayStation All Stars is its own game. I think that’s really the only way I can answer that. I understand that Smash players – some Smash players, not all Smash players do this – will sort of base how successful PlayStation All Stars as a game is on how accurately it recreates the Smash Bros. experience. But that’s not really our goal.”

“Our goal is to create a unique combat experience for PlayStation All Stars that we fully admit borrows from many different kinds of games including Smash, but our goal is not solely replicate the Smash Bros. experience.

“I just really would ask that players like you, approach it with an open mind.”