Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

Part of me wonders why they couldn't come up with a less generic, more original name. Playstation All Stars Battle Royale doesn't fit with me well personally.

• Thumbs Up 1

this game has a good deal of expectations to live up to if it wants to stand out when that series has been the unrivaled King of The Hill of crossovers ever since 1999.

I thought the Marvel vs. [insert series] were the king of the hill of crossovers? huh.png

It isn't just a rip-off of part of the game or the basic concept Chaos, it seems like a rip off of the whole thing.

So far it seems like they just took Super Smash bros. and copied and pasted their own characters into the game instead. I'll give it a try, but it doesn't seem fanboyish to point out the fact that it is a blatant clone.

Which would almost be no shit considering they were going for their very own Smash Bros right from the get-go. I mean, honestly, we all new this game was essentially "Sony Super Smash Bros." from the beginning, and while this game would better itself by being different what exactly were you expecting to be different from this game?

Besides the comparisons of games like Halo to COD or Virtua Fighter to Soul Calibur aren't the same. They both may be FPS/fighting but everything is different about those games as a whole. They feel like they are their own game, not a copy.

That was kind of the whole point I was making dude when I compared them in the first place. Maybe I was unclear or something, but I fail to see how them being their own game is something that this game isn't trying to be. And that still doesn't detract from the large similarities (or blatant rips from each other) each of those games have. Do we seriously need to go down a list here?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Nowhere does it say Capcom has no intentions of including their characters in this game. Sven just said, it would be great however it could be too late for them to add some stuff in. But the release is planned for this holiday, and if Sony wants Capcom characters to appear then they would probably move the release to 2013. Or surprise us and manage to add several Capcom reps before the original release window.

Also Sven could be covering this thing up. If Capcom are *really* involved, he isn't allowed to tell us or even give us a hint on the game. That's why he is asking us to ask Sony, not Capcom.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

I figure if there was going to be anything from Capcom they would've discussed that during their "Cole McGraph in SFxT" deal. Sony: "Oh, by the way, we're making our own crazy crossover fighting game. Want to put Ryu or fat Megaman in it?"

google.jpg

Ok, I'm done. I'm such a bad person. Time to be positive. D=

So, who are you guys going to play as? My eyes are set on Ratchet or Jak. I did enjoy Cole from inFamous and his electrical powers might be interesting.

• Thumbs Up 7

Ok, I'm done. I'm such a bad person. Time to be positive. D=

So, who are you guys going to play as? My eyes are set on Ratchet or Jak. I did enjoy Cole from inFamous and his electrical powers might be interesting.

If I ever get the game, definitely Jak, I already main Cole in sfxt.

Ratchet, Sly Cooper, and Parappa would be the main people I'd play initially.

It really depends on who else they are going to be adding to the roster.

There aren't that many on Sony's roster worth giving a damn about, but I'll probably check it out if its good.

I could see Toro and Kuro making an appearance here, especially after their recent playability in Street Fighter X Tekken. Though if they're not playable I could see them interrupting a stage with their news show while doing something really weird and random

I will not be surprised if this comes to the vita and has cross platform play.

Sure hope so because then I won't feel like I'm missing to much by not owning a PS3 :P .

I can only really think of Nathen Drake being playable in terms of characters who haven't been announced yet. Would of been funny if Buzz was playable. He could be the UMVC3 Phoenix Wright character of the game.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer21

how about dem Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 characters... preferably DC2 characters. I wouldn't mind seeing Maximilian and Monica in a "fighting" game

Edited by LunarEdge

Lightning will be my character if she's a playable character in the game. If not, then Ratchet with his big ol' wrench (I expect him to be a playable character in this game).

I'd like to add one thing,

My problem isn't that this looks like...that other game series. Because we all know it does and shit, I'm worried that Sony may not have the same love and charm put into this game as Ninty does with Smash Bros.

Super Smash Bros. has always had that special charm to it, you could tell even if you didn't like any of the games, that they put alot of heart into it, striving to try and make "the best Nintendo game ever" or "A fun timeless game." Even if they haven't pulled it off yet, you can tell they're really trying in a sense, that's where the game's effort and soul (pushing it) comes from, and it's why most people love it.

But I'm not sure if Sony feels the same way. Yes they're copying and whatever, but are they putting their hearts and full skills at this game, trying to make it feel perfect, look perfect, and yadda yadda yadda. People say "oh they just want to capitalize on the success" But how long has Sony been working on this? And is this going to be a thing that comes out every 2 or 3 years? I hope not, becuase game's like these should only come once a generation, they shouldn't need to reveal "Playstation All Stars Tranformed" at E3 13 or 14, or even 15 for that matter. If they work and push their limits, and try to achieve what others couldn't, I could believe this game to be a hell of alot more fun then Smash Bros.

Even if it's a rip-off, it's the effort and charm put into the game that counts. And (unfortunately) they're most likely making this just for kicks.

• Thumbs Up 6

Super Smash Bros. has always had that special charm to it, you could tell even if you didn't like any of the games, that they put alot of heart into it, striving to try and make "the best Nintendo game ever" or "A fun timeless game." Even if they haven't pulled it off yet, you can tell they're really trying in a sense, that's where the game's effort and soul (pushing it) comes from, and it's why most people love it.

I thought SSBM was going to be the fun timeless game they strived to make? Or did people stop playing it these days?

So, who are you guys going to play as?

I'll probably play as Ratchet - only Sony franchise I really care for.

Probably Parappa. No matter which kind of game I play, Racers, fighters etc, my main is always a lightweight (with small range), like Parappa. Also, I just love that little guy.

Edited by Thigolf

I'd like to add one thing,

My problem isn't that this looks like...that other game series. Because we all know it does and shit, I'm worried that Sony may not have the same love and charm put into this game as Ninty does with Smash Bros.

But I'm not sure if Sony feels the same way. Yes they're copying and whatever, but are they putting their hearts and full skills at this game, trying to make it feel perfect, look perfect, and yadda yadda yadda. People say "oh they just want to capitalize on the success" But how long has Sony been working on this? And is this going to be a thing that comes out every 2 or 3 years? I hope not, becuase game's like these should only come once a generation, they shouldn't need to reveal "Playstation All Stars Tranformed" at E3 13 or 14, or even 15 for that matter. If they work and push their limits, and try to achieve what others couldn't, I could believe this game to be a hell of alot more fun then Smash Bros.

Even if it's a rip-off, it's the effort and charm put into the game that counts. And (unfortunately) they're most likely making this just for kicks.

At what we have so far, I'm liking Sly Cooper. While the lack of shield may be concerning, I realized I don't really use it much and just dodge all the time instead. Sly is also probably my favorite character out of the people we have so far, and I'm a big fan of quick and agile gameplay.

Not to mention the formal announcement was for another reason other than just "lollollolwe'remakingSmashBros4", Sakurai has stated that it was to attract developers for the team making the game to, well, help make the game better.

So, what stages do you hope will make the cut for this game?