Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

Why waste a reveal for something that is obviously going to be in the game?

Edited by Chooch

I am just saying that he is obviously in the game. You guys make it seem like he wouldn't be. If anything, it is just a matter on how he plays.

Every character has a themed level and there's a R&C stage so yeah, they're in.

Once we've got the usual suspects out of the way we'll have more room for weird shit in upcoming roster reveals. Think there's any more obvious choices other than Ratchet and Sackboy?

Also Chun-Li is rumored to be in this too, Ono had one funny moment with somenone from SuperBot disputing Seth Killian and they said if Ono gave them Chun-Li, they would let Seth return, Ono thought for some seconds and said "Deal!".
Edited by Dobkeratops

They said there would be over 20+ characters, so we still got about 8 or so more reveals. Here's the alternate/pre-order costumes from SDCC

psasbr_group10.jpg

And a tweet from the community manager

More characters & other content will be announced at gamescom for All-Stars. Characters will each have a story, ending, & rival in the story

I almost forgot about the story cause I thought there wasn't gonna be one. Well I'm interested.

Next up Gamescon.

Edited by Nintendoga

Well, looks like I'm going to be glued to the computer all day during Gamescom...again.

Jak and Daxer, yes! Now I'm more interested in this~ ;] Cole? Meh, never played INFamous before so I don't care.

Edited by Gabz Girl

Not sure if people have seen them, but this video shows off the level 3 Supers for all confirmed characters.

And a Super Defense trailer,

Edited by Nintendoga

Sounds like they'll unveil more than two characters for GamesCom and that they're considering adding characters the fans highly demand not present in the release roster via DLC.

Time to start my Maiden in Black support campaign I guess.

Don't see what's so funny about that, it was a hypothetical nothing more and nothing less. Kinda cool imo that even though it will never happen, they will still like to show tribute to Nintendo and Smash by including Mario... if they could XD

I know the game is still being developed, but is it just me or does every other character (or at least, most recently revealed ones) seem to be... emotionless? Like Cole has the most unemotional face on during his trailer, same goes for Jak and Daxter (at least Jak).

I actually wouldn't mind Mario if he were in, and I can understand why they would want him in the roster.

No way in hell that's happening though.

I know the game is still being developed, but is it just me or does every other character (or at least, most recently revealed ones) seem to be... emotionless? Like Cole has the most unemotional face on during his trailer, same goes for Jak and Daxter (at least Jak).

Yeah I've noticed that too. It's kind of creepy actually.

Not just that, I don't think many of the characters (besides a few like Toro and Jak and Daxter) have the charm that the Nintendo characters in SSB series have. I mean, would you honestly say someone like Colonel Hadec is charming or full of character? O_o

Maybe this game isn't all about the nostalgic charm like SSB though. =[

Edited by Gabz Girl

Given the fierce rivalry that Jak has with Sly Cooper, I can tell that unless Ratchet and Clank show up (which should be around the time the trailer for Ratchet Deadlocked Pre-Order Bonus shows up), there's REALLY gonna be a lot of hurting between the two. I mean, Sly said that he needs a vantage point to find out the plan, and Jak says "I don't SNEAK AROUND!" Then Ratchet offers to just have Clank be the eyes and ears in the sky. That was in PlayStation Move Heroes.

The only way Mario would appear in this game is if Sony offered Nintendo millions for him.

Not just that, I don't think many of the characters (besides a few like Toro and Jak and Daxter) have the charm that the Nintendo characters in SSB series have. I mean, would you honestly say someone like Colonel Hadec is charming or full of character? O_o

Maybe this game isn't all about the nostalgic charm like SSB though. =[

Maybe not for you since you probably didn't grow up with them but for many people like me Ratchet, Jak, Parappa and hell even the newer ones like Nathan Drake have far more charm than most of the Nintendo characters.

The same can be said to the nostalgic charm since I get more nostalgia from Parappa than any Nintendo character excluding the Pokémon ones.

Also Radec has way more character for me than the likes of most of the Mario characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

i agree with tmsp. sure the characters in smash bros may look interesting at first glance, i still found the majority of them to be quite dull tbh. people are prob gonna get mad at me for this but i never understood what made characters like zelda,ness,lucas, the ice climbers,captain falcon falco,and a few others charming and memorable compared to so many other characters out there.

Edited by sjmaster92

Well both of you sort of answered your own question...

You don't find them charming or anything simply because you weren't surrounded with them like others were with Nintendo. Personally I find most of Brawl's cast colorful and charming itself.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't know. I've been playing both Nintendo and Sony systems since I was a lad. Parappa, Jak & Daxter, Sly, and Ratchet & Clank are the only characters that I would say have anything close to the same amount of charm as Nintendo characters do. Crash and Spyro did but, they're not Sony characters anymore, and their games have gone to shit.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ray Hargreaves had an interesting view of this game: In Smash Bros Brawl, none of the characters had even looked better than they looked in Smash Bros, they had never been so well modeled, textured, rigged, shaded, or animated that well before. Just looking at the numbers, Smash Bros Brawl probably had the largest budget of any game made by Nintendo up to that point and the most people working on it and ended up having the largest file size.

Then there's this game. Not a single character seems to have their faces rigged, their shaders don't match up in the slightest, all their textures seem to be substantially lower resolution than they were in their own games, and things frequently don't look the way they probably should. A particularly egregious example is Sweet Tooth's level 3, that mech looks nothing like the mech from his own game.

Well, the Smash series, regardless of your feelings on it or any individual game in it, is certainly a work of love. All the detail and amount of content shows that the developers cared about what they were doing, and they made sure every character was true to their series. It remains to be seen whether this game is such a project but, it doesn't look like it right now.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

Maybe not for you since you probably didn't grow up with them but for many people like me Ratchet, Jak, Parappa and hell even the newer ones like Nathan Drake have far more charm than most of the Nintendo characters.

The same can be said to the nostalgic charm since I get more nostalgia from Parappa than any Nintendo character excluding the Pokémon ones.

Also Radec has way more character for me than the likes of most of the Mario characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.yourgamer...racters-hinted/

With these picture hints, Crash, Sackboy, Ratchet & Clank and Snake will probably be announced later in this game. We definitely know Ratchet & Clank and Sackboy will be in this game...and Snake's VA was with Nolan North to do some VA for the game so...

Edited by Ming Ming Love

Nintendo's IP's are fundamentally different to Sony's IP's so there isn't really a point in comparing them. A lot of the characters in Battle Royale aren't even designed to be charming, so there isn't a chance in hell they would be. The simple fact that some of them look "cooler" can and will attract a bunch of people to the game.

Also, this game is probably an experiment to Sony. Should it do well enough, I imagine that a successor (should one be made) would have a much larger budget. Nintendo at this point is largely reliant on properties like Smash Bros, to sell their consoles, so a large budget is necessary.