Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

Prof. J's post reminds me of something I've been wondering about for a long time. If you trade over a Pokémon in one of Kurt's balls to D/P/P, what does their Pokéball show up as? I'm pretty sure none of the Johto Pokéballs were programmed into D/P/P...

The Johto Pokeballs show up as normal Pokeballs when traded to DPPt, though somehow revert back to the Johto Pokeball when traded back. Lord knows how they managed that one, I just hope the Johto balls stay in Gen V, besides Premier and Luxury I don't really like the Gen 3+ Balls.

Although Love Ball is still an abomination.

Ya'know... catching them all wouldn't be so bad if importing the data was easier. Yeah I got all the gen 1 and 2 Pokemon... but joving to the GBA FORCED me to leave them all behind, along with the Pokedex data. I didn't try hard for gen III... mostly because I didn't like the new Pokemon enought to WANT to catch them all. I tried really hard with Gen 5. Importing helped, but only so much, when you could do only six at a time, once a day, and you only get Pokedex data for THAT Pokemon. Not it's pre evolved form. The GTS helped immensely, but the stupidity of everyone asking for unrealistic trades... and GameFreak thought it to be funny if they complicated the trading evolutions with item holding... in the end, I think i was just short on Arceus, and some of those weird Trade with item Pokemon in Gen 6.

Now we see Gen 5 is coming along. That may place us at or around 600 Pokemon. I don't want to start from square 1 again. Let me keep my Pokedex work I have done already.

Wait, you have THREE BOXES FULL OF TOTODILE'S?

Please give me one? ^_^'

*slowly raises hand...*

Sure, Any particular nature you'd like? I probably have some of every nature.

My Friend Code is 2536 6206 1512 and my trainer name is Matt if it needs the name too (can't remember offhand).

Just send me a message some time when we're both online and I'll give you one.

For trainers on the go to have a light, portable Pokémon Center wherever you go! You can get one now for only $XX.99 at your local Poké Mart.

Probably for trainers too lazy to go to a Pokémon Center. Or maybe just cause the ball looks cool and they ran out of ideas to use the design in other ways.

For trainers on the go to have a light, portable Pokémon Center wherever you go! You can get one now for only $XX.99 at your local Poké Mart.

Probably for trainers too lazy to go to a Pokémon Center. Or maybe just cause the ball looks cool and they ran out of ideas to use the design in other ways.

That's why you buy potions! And most of the Pokemon I catch get sent to the PC anyway.

Honestly the only special ball I had any use out of (aside from Dusk Balls) was the Luxury Ball. I caught a Feebas that way to max out its Happiness more quickly while I kept feeding it premade Poffins from Veilstone.

Instant Milotic!

The Johto Pokeballs show up as normal Pokeballs when traded to DPPt, though somehow revert back to the Johto Pokeball when traded back. Lord knows how they managed that one, I just hope the Johto balls stay in Gen V, besides Premier and Luxury I don't really like the Gen 3+ Balls.

I assumed many would show up in D/P/P as well due to G/S/C being a remake and also to be perfectly compatible with HG/SS. I then suppose either laziness or just not having gotten that far on HG/SS at the time.

That, and yeah, probably for trainers to have the choice of actually having pink pokeballs for their pokemon. Something I did not see you mention until the very now because I just woke up and am one minute from hurrying towards town for school. I myself also consider using a particular pokeball for my team merely because of its appearance and the effect it shows in-game.

Also, lol at the portable Pokémon Center advertisement. Hey, you know it's true, now that you think about it! *Can imagine the advertisement on the HG/SS in-game radio stations*

Ya'know... catching them all wouldn't be so bad if importing the data was easier.

Seconded.

Seriously, I spent 95 hours on Platinum. At the very least, I don't want to have to re-catch every single Pokemon I already got in that. Okay, you can trade them all over if you want, but a) only six at a time and B) you have to catch throwaway Pokemon in order to trade over.

I wish they'd make some way for you to mass-migrate all your Pokemon from a previous game. Obviously it should only be possible after a certain point or it could be seriously game-breaking, but really, after you've beaten Red in HG/SS, I see no harm in letting you simply dump all your Pokemon from Diamond, Pearl or Platinum over to HG/SS in one go. I mean, it's not like they're stopping you from doing that (as I said, ultimately you can just trade them all over one by one), it's just they restrict you to doing it at an insanely slow pace.

Seriously, if there was a quick, easy way to transfer all the hours and effort I put into Platinum to HeartGold, I'd probably have another 100 or more Pokemon in a flash, which would in turn make me feel that much closer to actually finishing the thing.

Edited by Mahzes

Pokemon Box let you mass transfer Pokemon to and from 3rd Gen cartridges which was a really neat little tool, when My Pokemon Ranch was released I bought it expecting the same sort of thing, only to realise I'd paid £5 for sheer dissapointment.

Seriously, an option to mass-migrate all my PC Box Pokemon from Platinum to HeartGold would be awesome. They better include something like that in Gen 5 so I can just bring over everything I have from Platinum and HeartGold. D:

Catching about 250 Hoothoot for mass-trading my Pokémon collection over to SoulSilver was not very fun, let me tell you. My Diamond's PC Boxes look like a bomb loaded with owls hit it.

Still got to bring over my complete collection of Unown too. X_x

I have never used Luxury Balls, perhaps I should?

Really the only types I use are Dusk, Quick, Timer, Repeat, Nest, Net.

Also maybe Heal Balls are for people doing a Nuzlocke run or something ;D

I never managed to get ahold of Pokémon Box :/ I think it's dumb that you had to buy a GC pack to get it. I'd already had a GC for years!

Edited by SuperLink

I never managed to get ahold of Pokémon Box :/ I think it's dumb that you had to buy a GC pack to get it. I'd already had a GC for years!

*double-checks*

Yup, I have Pokémon Box as part of my pre-owned copy of Pokémon Collosseum. Did I just get lucky (again) or something? :P

Huzzah! I finally defeated Red, and even with a couple of Lv80 Pokemon it was hard work. I swear, his Lapras and Snorlax are a bitch. And just when you think you're about to take them out... Pokemon Trainer Red used one Full Restore!... RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!

So, now it's just a case of doing the rest of the side-quests and catching 'em all. I can get my hands on a Kanto and a Hoenn starter now (which will be Charmander and Treecko respectively) which I will train up to join Feraligatr in my squad... that way I have an awesome water, fire and grass type... I've got all the bases covered! :P

Every time I think I have the perfect squad, I go and find a new Pokemon that's even better. I'll be sorry to see some of my current squad reduced to the PC (especially if it's someone like Dragonite, who I painstakingly trained up from a Dratini... which I painstakingly won via Voltorb Flip), but I'll do what has to be done to get the most balanced, most powerful squad I can get.

I have never used Luxury Balls, perhaps I should?

If you want to evolve a Pokémon with Happiness a lot faster. Though I just remembered that Feebas evolves with Beauty, not Happiness.

...especially if it's someone like Dragonite, who I painstakingly trained up from a Dratini... which I painstakingly won via Voltorb Flip...

I haven't bothered with Voltorb Flip yet, I did get a Dratini via the Pokéwalker though...

No case or manual, but here'sBox for £6.99. You may as well get it if you're particularaly bothered about storing Pokémon.

Why is the Pokewalker so hard to cheat? I want to catch me some awesome rare Pokemon using it like Kangaskhan, and to do that I need to rack up a lot of watts. Which means effort. Otherwise it's a Pidgey bonanza.

I might actually have to do some excerise ;_;

[/laziness]

Why is the Pokewalker so hard to cheat? I want to catch me some awesome rare Pokemon using it like Kangaskhan, and to do that I need to rack up a lot of watts. Which means effort. Otherwise it's a Pidgey bonanza.

I might actually have to do some excerise ;_;

[/laziness]

Go buy a Wii Fit and play with the PokéWalker clipped to your trousers. That way, you can catch Pokémon AND give Nintendo more of your hard earned cash. Hooray!

Besides getting rare/special Pokémon, is the Walker much fun? I've practically never used mine (Japanese, lack of interest).

Go buy a Wii Fit and play with the PokéWalker clipped to your trousers. That way, you can catch Pokémon AND give Nintendo more of your hard earned cash. Hooray!

Besides getting rare/special Pokémon, is the Walker much fun? I've practically never used mine (Japanese, lack of interest).

I've only really been using the Pokewalker for a few hours and it's quite fun, but basic.

I started using it because I've now got Charmander and Treecko, and I want to level them up so thought "yeah they can get lots of EXP while I try and madly shake the Pokewalker for mega wattage walk!" but apparently you can only get enough EXP to increase by one level per stroll? That... sucks.

So yeah, it's basically just a way of getting rare 'mon.

Edited by Doctor MK

I got like five max potions in a row through two days, and I actually like it too. Gives you extra motivation to go out (why on earth cheat on a pokewalker anyway when you can just be healthy and get some fresh air?)

What the hell? Just noticed I have the Pokewalker route, 'Beyond the Sea'.

This isn't listed in the guidebook I have, and I've only downloaded the Yellow Forest. It didn't even notify me that I'd unlocked it. It was just... there. And wasn't before. The hell?

Anyone else got this?

Anyone else got this?

I have that as well as other additional routes, yush. I believe it is not listed in the manual in order to not spoil the routes you can unlock, kind of like what you get for collecting all pokemon and stuff, the game would probably be less fun if you knew everything beforehand. X3

I was however notified every once I had a new route.

So yeah, it's basically just a way of getting rare 'mon.

You need a certain amount of STEPS to get rare Pokemon to appear, not Watts, you use those to find the Pokemon, items, and extra courses.

What the hell? Just noticed I have the Pokewalker route, 'Beyond the Sea'.

"Beyond the Sea (Japanese: うみのむこう Beyond the Sea) is a course for the Pokéwalker that is unlocked by trading for a foreign Pokémon over the GTS." ~Buldapedia