Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

You need a certain amount of STEPS to get rare Pokemon to appear, not Watts, you use those to find the Pokemon, items, and extra courses.

That's what I meant :P

Steps also unlock more areas, right? Or is that watts?

That's what I meant :P

Steps also unlock more areas, right? Or is that watts?

Watts unlock areas, steps don't do anything except make rarer stuff appear.

Probably gonna be a no, but I'm gonna ask anyway.... is anyone getting ill when playing this game? This game seems to be giving me headaches and I'm thinking I might have to go see a doctor if it keeps happening.

Probably gonna be a no, but I'm gonna ask anyway.... is anyone getting ill when playing this game? This game seems to be giving me headaches and I'm thinking I might have to go see a doctor if it keeps happening.

Nope, but did you get really ill when you played the original Gen 2 games or something?

Sometimes I get ill when watching/playing something because I associate it with a horrible illness I had when I first watched/played it.

For example I was horribly ill when I first got Mario 64 DS, and that's had a negative impact on my enjoyment of the game ever since. Must be a weird psychological thing...

In any case I hope you feel better soon.

When I first played Diamond years ago, it gave me motion sickness the first 3 days. Is this your first Gen 4 game?

Nope, but did you get really ill when you played the original Gen 2 games or something?

Sometimes I get ill when watching/playing something because I associate it with a horrible illness I had when I first watched/played it.

For example I was horribly ill when I first got Mario 64 DS, and that's had a negative impact on my enjoyment of the game ever since. Must be a weird psychological thing...

In any case I hope you feel better soon.

No. I had no problems with Crystal back in the day. Spent well over 500 hours on that :P

When I first played Diamond years ago, it gave me motion sickness the first 3 days. Is this your first Gen 4 game?

No, I've got Pearl. I was thinking at first like that it could be the Gen 4 graphics with the 3D effects they've got going on here, but I was fine with it on Pearl and I got through something like 125 hours on that. I dunno though, the 3D in Heart Gold feels a little different to what it was in Pearl but then again I haven't played Pearl in a long time so I can't really remember exactly.

It did feel off when I played HG for the first time, I felt something was up. I've only been able to get through 26 hours on HG since it came out two weeks ago.

I have that as well as other additional routes, yush. I believe it is not listed in the manual in order to not spoil the routes you can unlock, kind of like what you get for collecting all pokemon and stuff, the game would probably be less fun if you knew everything beforehand. X3

I was however notified every once I had a new route.

I don't mean the manual, I mean even in the big official guidebook that actually lists 'all' the Pokewalker routes. X3

I guess I didn't get a notification for 'Beyond the sea' due to the fact I unlocked Dim Cave at the same time (I think).

I FINALLY have a Surfing Pikachu. Now I just need a flying one... but you know, I had a thought. Aren't these two HM moves, which mean the Pokemon can't be traded or migrated, yet no move tutor could re-learn them these moves should they forget, thus, making them pointless to trainers who like to KEEP their Pokemon throughout the new generations?

Screw that. I'm training my Volt Tackling Pikachu with Light Ball instead. Or should It be the Macho Brace? Just what is the Macho brace anyways? My Poliwhirl has it now, and his HP is really high for a level 25... or is Poliwhirl just "one of those Pokemon?" ...Lucario had it before Poliwhirl, but I didn't pay attention to whatever made it different?

My question is, do I train Pikachu while holding a Light Ball, or a Macho brace? ( Still contemplating evolving it though. I'm lame like thst... I had Yellow as a kid. I want a true successor to my gen 1 starter. )

Train it with neither, if you want truly strong Pokemon you gotta do some research on EV training.

Macho Brace can either be amazingly useful or amazingly useless, if you EV train it's a godsend (although the Power hold items from the Battle Frontier have now surpassed it), if you don't there's really no point in using it at all.

My essay is done and Pokemon SoulSilver has just arrived in the post which is great timing. Got me a Totodile!

True story. I've been spending the week trying to get more Heart Scales. Between trying to get Mr Mime to remember Guard Swap, Piloswine to remember Ancient Power, and just a random Budew caught in the Safari Zone to remember most of its moves I needed a ton of Heart Scales. Problem is it takes forever to find just one under rocks, and getting 3 in the Pokewalker takes about just as much time to obtain them as it is to generate watts to use the dowsing machine.

Yesterday I get a swarm of Luvdisc. Problem solved.

Big tip. If you don't have Thief or Covet just buy a ton of Net Balls. They will catch level 20 Luvdisc automatically 99% of the time without having to touch them.

Big tip. If you don't have Thief or Covet just buy a ton of Net Balls. They will catch level 20 Luvdisc automatically 99% of the time without having to touch them.

Yeah, I had a swarm like, last week. I caught 3 boxes worth.

Now what the FUCK do I do with 80 Luvdisk? They suck in battle and they are failures to my honor.

I always seem to have a huge abundance of heartscales, which is good since I use them all the time. I'm not sure where I got so many in HG, my meowths must have been picking them up. Damn they're so useful, I'm sitting on rare candy island right now cause of them ^___^

Got flinched five times in a row by my rival's (Ridley) Golbat. Aaaah, Pokemon, you never fail to surprise me with your hax.

Ohhh man I went to get a TM at the battle frontier not having any idea how many battle points I had, and I had 400. Loool wow, I play the battle tower too much.

I've decided to try some of the other buildings though. I just played through to the frontier brain of the battle arcade which was pretty easy, it's actually kinda fun. The only other building I've ever tried was the Battle Factory which I throughly sucked at. I don't think I've ever made it past the first floor D;

Having taught my Lanturn Blizzard, I didn't use it at all on Clair. Umbreon with Payback was awesome for the Dragonairs, and Lanturn's Spark Paralysis and Machamp's Revenge helped beat Kingdra surprisingly easily.

And Farfetch'd and Red Gyara HM Slaves/sacrifices ;)

True story. I've been spending the week trying to get more Heart Scales. Between trying to get Mr Mime to remember Guard Swap, Piloswine to remember Ancient Power, and just a random Budew caught in the Safari Zone to remember most of its moves I needed a ton of Heart Scales. Problem is it takes forever to find just one under rocks, and getting 3 in the Pokewalker takes about just as much time to obtain them as it is to generate watts to use the dowsing machine.

Wish I could get a Luvdisc swarm, it'd be 1000x easier than having to buy the Heart Scales from the Pokeathlon. Luckily I didn't need anymore than 1 for the time being. What I DO need is BP to teach my Quagsire Ice Punch. There's really no faster way for me to gain BP other than going through the Battle Factory, but luckily for me, only 2 more rounds till I have enough. I've been holding off on going to Kanto till I finished some of my Pokemon's movesets. Now if only there was a quick way to get coins fast.

Need some feedback pl0x

Quilava - Lv 58 - Blaze - Dig/Rollout/Swift/Flamethrower

Lanturn - Lv 45 - Volt Absorb - Surf/Signal Beam/Discharge/[blank] (I recently deleted Waterfall after I was done exploring)

Xatu - Lv 59 - Early Bird - Fly/Psycho Shift/Roost/Psychic

Piloswine - Lv 59 - Oblivious - Take Down/Ice Beam/Blizzard/Earthquake

Umbreon - Lv 59 - Synchronize - Last Resort/Confuse Ray/Faint Attack/Mean Look

Hitmontop - Lv 24 - Technician - Tackle/Rapid Spin/Fake Out/Foresight

I'm worried about 'Top the most. His level up move pool doesn't look very promising, which forces me to use TMs as a crutch. The reason I have him is because I just like his design. xP

Also, it's going to be a looooooong time before I do some PvP matches, so don't worry about Fly and Dig.

Need some feedback pl0x

Quilava - Lv 58 - Blaze - Dig/Rollout/Swift/Flamethrower

Lanturn - Lv 45 - Volt Absorb - Surf/Signal Beam/Discharge/[blank] (I recently deleted Waterfall after I was done exploring)

Xatu - Lv 59 - Early Bird - Fly/Psycho Shift/Roost/Psychic

Piloswine - Lv 59 - Oblivious - Take Down/Ice Beam/Blizzard/Earthquake

Umbreon - Lv 59 - Synchronize - Last Resort/Confuse Ray/Faint Attack/Mean Look

Hitmontop - Lv 24 - Technician - Tackle/Rapid Spin/Fake Out/Foresight

I'm worried about 'Top the most. His level up move pool doesn't look very promising, which forces me to use TMs as a crutch. The reason I have him is because I just like his design. xP

Also, it's going to be a looooooong time before I do some PvP matches, so don't worry about Fly and Dig.

... You didn't evolve your Quilava? You do know his move set sucks until you evolve him to a Typhlosion, right? Fire Blast is your best possible move for anything weak to fire. Hell, Fire Blast and Flamethrower, at your current levels, could take down the E4 without even trying. Lance? Not a chance against his Dragonite, but the rest of 'em? Drop like flies.

Quilava kinda sucks anyways. :P

EDIT: Cute? CUTE? AHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, CUTE will get you far in Pokemon, mhmm. Suuure.

... Except for Pichu. He can kick some ass if you get him Volt Tackle.

Edited by Nathan Speed

Say what you will about cute getting you nowhere, but I always thought that Dragonite was adorable.

Hey, my friend is keeping his Totodile as a Totodile no matter what anyone says xD let it be I guess.

Quilava's not exactly terrible anyway ^^

Lanturn is cool, I have one in Emerald.

Delcatty is one of the cutest Pokémon ever but it's a fucking beast, seriously despite its averagely low stats, with Return I knocked out a bunch of the Hoenn Elite Four's teams in one or two hits. Then again, that's because the Hoenn E4 consists of the most pathetic trainers ever. What kind of a champion type is Water?

And we all know that Pokémon should be chosen for their looks.

I'm keeping my Chikorita as a Chikorita..... at least for most of Johto.