Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

'BASASASASASASASASASASASASASASAS'

'Pyopyopyopyopyopyopyo'

'Chuun-Chuun? Chunchun!'

The Dev Team were blatantly on pills or something whilst programming Route 12.

I was gonna bring her up. >.>

I think she's secertly MissingNo. in human form.

Edited by Caligari

Finally got me my Pikachu. Turned out I couldn't get my DS online because I had never actually configured my Wi-Fi settings due to the fact that I had no idea there was more to the main menu beyond the "Connect to Pokewalker" option. So I got me some Yellow Forest and a Pikachu. Now I just gotta train the thing so it's useful. Exp Share is working wonders for that though. I got him at level ten. I went through Brock's gym and he's in his 20s now. Still too low to put up a fight against most Kanto trainers, but I got enough time on my hands to improve him. And Tangela. Tangela's way too cool to spend his life in abox.

Edited by Chili Dawg

After so very, very long, I did it.

I have all the Kanto legendaries. All the Johto legendaries. All the Hoenn legendaries (including the Regi trio [fuck you Regigigas you suck]) and the Dragon Trio from Sinnoh, with my jap. named Arceus.

Then I went and got all the Unown.

I... I don't know what else to do other than get the Gym Leader's phone numbers.

Prepare a badass team and blow people away with it competitively.

Pokémon PvP is a whole different ballgame. ^^

Fuck me and my sucky ass Pokemon team! Weak ass defense! Grr. Clair is a RAGING bitch when it comes to battling with that damn Dragon Pulse.

Prepare a badass team and blow people away with it competitively.

Pokémon PvP is a whole different ballgame. ^^

Lies. My strategy still works just as well. Spam Flamethrower, if it's a type my Typhlosion is weak against, spam Focus Blast/Cut. I have taken out some seriously well planned out teams that way. I've only been beaten after my friend got pissed because I always beat him and just used Ground and Water types. And for that I have my Lv100 Lanturn. Water Pulse/Water Gun for the Rock/Ground/Water types, and Thunder/Discharge for the Water types. Ho-bam.

I think I've only lost two matches on this game.

Um player vs. player.

Though I keep reading it as AvP.

That would be the most awesome thing ever.

"ALIEN! Use Egg Lay!"

Can anyone confirm if you can rematch a trainer more than once a day, or turn back time to reactivate the rematch?

You can rematch trainers/gym leaders multiple times in their given time period without changing anything.

I wasn't sure of it until Pelly told me. DAMN. Could have saved me a few hours of grinding on Mt. Silver.

You can rematch trainers/gym leaders multiple times in their given time period without changing anything.

Perfect. That's where the quick exp gain went. Though that means I'm gonna have to do a lot of time changing to gain levels constantly.

Edited by Black Spy

Elite 4 is still a bitch but with my Pokéwalker at school my Pokémon seem to get into shape a bit more. I might try again soon.

On a completely unrelated note I had a scary as fuck dream that I met a Shiny level 56 Magmar at Victory Road no less, and my Level 34 Dragonair somehow killed it with one shot. Then the game called me an abomination and permanently locked me out of it, rendering it unplayable.

Edited by Columind
  • Thumbs Up 2

I won't utilize Action Replay for evil, THIS TIME. It never paid off. But this time my only active code is for the ability to rematch trainers anytime I want by pressing R when I speak with them. It doesn't work on Gym laders or Blains cohorts though. That makes training easier. I challenge trainers along the routes and gyms in Kanto for my high level Pokemon, and I do it in Jhoto for newer, weaker Pokemon I wish to train. ....The Pokegear sucks. Vrs. Seeker for the win.

Something I've been curious about:

And why on earth is Flash a TM now? I've stumbled my way through a dark cave one time too many now.

There doesn't seem to be a particular absence of dark caves in HG/SS, at least from what little I have played, so how are they traversed now?

Edited by Tornado

Something I've been curious about:

There doesn't seem to be a particular absence of dark caves in HG/SS, at least from what little I have played, so how are they traversed now?

The only dark caves I know of in HG/SS are the Dark Cave (Optional) and the Whirl Islands (Optional in HG).

You can buy more Flash TMs in Goldenrod.

The only dark caves I know of in HG/SS are the Dark Cave (Optional) and the Whirl Islands (Optional in HG).

You can buy more Flash TMs in Goldenrod.

Much obliged.

*ahem* *drumroll*

SoulSilver Pokédex status: 493/493

Time played: 66:23

/flex

Now the important question: does this let me get anything cool? After I finish this E4 farming run I'll find out. :o

EDIT: You get to take your picture with Professor Oak. Sweeeeeeeet.

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan

After a little over two weeks, I've finished the entire main game. All 16 badges, beat the Re-lite 4, and took down Red too. He was actually a decent bit tougher than in the original, mostly due to the level increase, but I was able to beat him after a few tries.

Now, I guess I'll try to catch some more legendaries, as I've left most of them alone so far (I've only caught Lugia, Ho-oh, and Mewtwo to this point). I'm sure they will all be extremely aggravating, just as the first three have been, and I will have the urge to use the Master Ball more than a few times (I'm probably going to save it for either Latios or Latias).

Only other thing I can think of is getting the last few Gym Leaders' phone numbers. I'm missing some due to laziness, and I probably won't end up getting them for a while.

Oh, and VOLTORB FLIP.

After a little over two weeks, I've finished the entire main game. All 16 badges, beat the Re-lite 4, and took down Red too. He was actually a decent bit tougher than in the original, mostly due to the level increase, but I was able to beat him after a few tries.

Now, I guess I'll try to catch some more legendaries, as I've left most of them alone so far (I've only caught Lugia, Ho-oh, and Mewtwo to this point). I'm sure they will all be extremely aggravating, just as the first three have been, and I will have the urge to use the Master Ball more than a few times (I'm probably going to save it for either Latios or Latias).

Only other thing I can think of is getting the last few Gym Leaders' phone numbers. I'm missing some due to laziness, and I probably won't end up getting them for a while.

Oh, and VOLTORB FLIP.

Didn't you catch Suicune in Kanto? :o

....The Pokegear sucks. Vrs. Seeker for the win.

I am not fond of the Vs. Seeker. I like the concept and when it actually works, but I have been spending way too much time having to go on my bicycle to fly back and forth a hundred steps so many times in a row that I often have had to just give up rebattling trainers for a while. Not that I am that much into challenging as many trainers for a rematch as possible.

Also, it feels nice just having to do a few taps to get to the town map, where both getting there and moving around the map can be used quickly by the touch screen. On Diamond and Platinum, I actually rather went to my Fly pokemon to check the map as it actually felt faster.

Working my way through Kanto now, finally got Feraligatr into the Level 60s plus Dragonair at Level 50 thanks to EXP Share. Just 5 more levels and I'll have me a Dragonite...! :D

I really should start training up my other party Pokemon soon though, they're all at like Lv30. Once Dragonair evolves, I'll focus on the rest. In other news I plan on hunting down a Magmar soon (gotta have an awesome fire-type in my squad!), once I get the train ticket back to Johto I'll head to the Burned Tower and get searching.

*ahem* *drumroll*

SoulSilver Pokédex status: 493/493

Time played: 66:23

/flex

H-h-how!!? D:

That's such a great time limit for completing the National Dex, ._. My time on Platinum is about 270 hours and I'm only at like 475 for my Pokédex....

Got me new DS battery so I'm not gonna be playing anything until it's fully charged D:

H-h-how!!? D:

That's such a great time limit for completing the National Dex, ._. My time on Platinum is about 270 hours and I'm only at like 475 for my Pokédex....

Got me new DS battery so I'm not gonna be playing anything until it's fully charged D:

Velotix had a complete dex on one game a while ago and probably traded them all across to HG/SS, explaining the low time.

Edited by Blaziken
  • Thumbs Up 1

H-h-how!!? D:

I clocked up around 95 hours on Platinum and gave up at having seen 365 Pokemon. D:

Around 60 hours on HeartGold now, own close to 200 Pokemon and still getting more.

Also, is that an official new battery? I got my brother a new third-party battery for his old DS Phat once, off of eBay. It was as good brand new out of the box as his 4-5-year-old DS original battery. D: