Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

So... was it a different language game? Or was there something else that affected your copy, DO?

One thing to note, according to my friend from the netherlands, only the box is of a different language. However. My copies (Yes copies, I exchanged once) were both UK, one from GAME online, one from in-store.

The other possibility is that is actually my DS (Won't be surprised if Nintendo claim it is just to get £33 off me), that along with my copy are getting sent to Nintendo's Service Centre......when they get around to sending the sticker to me.

I hate to repeat what has probably been said a thousand times before but the GTS is SO BLOODY STUPID. I casually looked on their for a Caterpie because it's Rare in SoulSilver and encountered three ridiculous requests: Blastiose Lv.100; Luxio Lv.9 and under; Charmeleon: any level. At least the latter was somewhat possible, but reasonable?

Nevertheless I've put up a Lv. 4 Weedle as trade for a Caterpie of any level 9 or under; I thought that the least I could do was provide one type of logical, reasonable trade request Nintendo intended the service to be used for.

FUCKING GAME CORRUPTED AFTER 53 HOURS! GONNA RIP YOU A NEW ONE NINTENDO!

I'm actually close to crying. This can't be my fucking DS. If I could go from "7 hours and corrupted" to "53 hours and corrupted"

Want to know what I did? Turn it off because I messed up on teaching my Haunter a mover, only to load it back up and GAME CORRUPTED! ARGH!

Sounds like the Flash RAM chips on the card itself are faulty, which means that you need a new copy of the game. :(

That sucks.

Sounds like the Flash RAM chips on the card itself are faulty, which means that you need a new copy of the game. :(

That sucks.

It'll be my third copy now ):

I hate to repeat what has probably been said a thousand times before but the GTS is SO BLOODY STUPID. I casually looked on their for a Caterpie because it's Rare in SoulSilver and encountered three ridiculous requests: Blastiose Lv.100; Luxio Lv.9 and under; Charmeleon: any level. At least the latter was somewhat possible, but reasonable?

Nevertheless I've put up a Lv. 4 Weedle as trade for a Caterpie of any level 9 or under; I thought that the least I could do was provide one type of logical, reasonable trade request Nintendo intended the service to be used for.

Indeed. I'm also pissed that you can only search for Pokemon you've seen. Wouldn't be a problem if Nintendo had actually better rearrange the Kanto trainers to have more Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon, or even if Pokemon seen in the Battle Frontier counted. I figured I'd have no problems getting a Glameow, Stunky, Rotom, etc. from GTS. But NO, I can't even search for the damn things!

No result flitering and search restrictions. All we need is stupid little kids who either have no concept as to what a fair trade is or are being completely a-holes who know well that they're clogging the system with their stupid offers. Oh wait, we have those too!

The GTS has also ruined whole idea of trading with your friends. Trading with people online is great, it's just that the GTS takes any personal sense and difficulty from the situation. It's lame. Also, why can you make impossible requests? Like asking for a Shaymin under level 10? Maybe it's to allow for some event Pokémon that hadn't yet been thought of (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina at Lv1 in Hg/Ss for example).

I whipped out Crystal and Leaf Green earlier, and only then did I really begin to appreciate the geography changes made in these games. The route between Goldenrod and the National Park, and Route 30/31 are fantastic examples of places that haven't been tampered with, only upgraded. (It's a shame the same can't be said for other things... ]= )

How long does it usually take you guys to breed a shiny? I've been trying for a shiny Totodile on SoulSilver for ages and all I have to show for it is 3 boxes full of ordinary Totodiles so far.

The GTS has also ruined whole idea of trading with your friends.

Which to be fair was great for all the people that didn't have friends with the games or the handheld.

Edited by Cipher

The GTS has also ruined whole idea of trading with your friends. Trading with people online is great, it's just that the GTS takes any personal sense and difficulty from the situation. It's lame. Also, why can you make impossible requests? Like asking for a Shaymin under level 10? Maybe it's to allow for some event Pokémon that hadn't yet been thought of (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina at Lv1 in Hg/Ss for example).

I really don't get that either. Come on... You want my Arceus for your caterpie!?! Really!?! D:

People love to rip people off.... I wish people would make more reasonable trades.

Yeah the trades seriously piss me off too. If I want just a simple foregin Pokemon to utilize the Masuda Method, they want some legend for it.

The hilarious part is that in my own experience looking on the GTS, 80% of the people making these ludicrous trade requests have Japan as their location. XP

Maybe it's not as ludicrous in Japan?

I suspect they're more interested in the foreign language Pokémon feature than most of the West is, for example.

Yeah, I know how it is. It is pretty amusing. Though the only logical trades I did over that was one with a Kadabra for a..... well Kadabra. Pretty much a win-win situation for both of us. That and possibly the best trade I've ever made, was a Pikachu for a Pikachu....... but it wasn't just any Pikachu, but a SURFING PIKACHU. I nearly couldn't believe my eyes.

Yeah the trades seriously piss me off too. If I want just a simple foregin Pokemon to utilize the Masuda Method, they want some legend for it.

Can I call myself lucky to have a foreign Ditto, which I also traded for, you guessed it, a Ditto?

Though I'd really love to see someone offering a Caterpie for a lvl 100 Arceus ACTUALLY have the trade go through, just to see the look on the guy's face.

Edited by Black Spy

Considering I had a lot of Masterballs and other valuables imported with my FR/S/P games, I usually attatch a good item to the Pokemon to get what I want. I figured Totodile for Electabuzz was reasonable... No takers until I attatched a Masterball.

I have most of the Pokemon that evolve via trading with items already, So I may just see what I can get with the Pokemon holding the items in question.

By the way, has anyone actually got a Flying or Surfing Pikachu yet?? I haven't strolled through any of my new routes yet, and I have 2 boxes of Pikachu. The best I came up with is a Light Ball, and A Pikachu that knows Volt Tackle ... (Actually Im thinking of giving up and training a Volt tackling Pikachu with Lightball instead. )

Huzzah! I defeated the Johto Elite Four yesterday and am now a Pokemon Master! :D

My Hall of Fame squad was: Feraligatr (Lv55), Lugia (Lv45), Dragonair (Lv36), Haunter (Lv30), Scyther (Lv30), Nidoking (Lv30)

I'm now in Kanto and have just got the Thunder Badge from Lt Surge. I'm currently trying to train Dragonair up to evolve into a Dragonite and at some point I intend to evolve Scyther into Scizor using the Metal Coat I got on the SS Aqua. Guess I'll have to find someone to trade with when I get round to that ;)

So, a whole new adventure in Kanto awaits. As a wise man once said (about Johto, ironically):

It's a whole new world we live in, it's a whole new way to see, it's a whole new place with a brand new attitude, but you've still gotta catch 'em all...

:P

Oh I went on Route 13 from Fushia City the other day and it ended being a very weird coincedence...

I'm playing as the female trainer (who is named after my gf) and then I ran into Young Couple Tim and Sue. Which is very big haha for me because my real name is Tim and I went out with some random chick before my current (hence "Sue") but obviously it didn't work out. And later I ran into Picnicker Piper which is another haha for me because my gf's ex dubbed me Piper when he was on something.

Nintendo must be stalking me...

>.>

<.<

I might restart my SoulSilver now mostly because I didn't take too much time to enjoy it more. But I want to start out with the Absol I caught last week. It is lv. 5 after all. >.> It's time to trade buttloads of pokemon!

*hopes I can keep the Giratina orb in pearl...*

Edited by Caligari

So I just traded with Lt. Surge, he wanted a Pikachu for his French Pikachu, which I prompty evolved into a French Raichu.

But why French? Surely Surge would have an AMERICAN Pikachu...

IN AMERICA.

PS. I finally got Blue's number. Bulba was right and Serebii was wrong.

So I just traded with Lt. Surge, he wanted a Pikachu for his French Pikachu, which I prompty evolved into a French Raichu.

But why French? Surely Surge would have an AMERICAN Pikachu...

IN AMERICA.

He was in the army, there's nothing to say he didn't catch a french Pikachu! :V

Though I'd really love to see someone offering a Caterpie for a lvl 100 Arceus ACTUALLY have the trade go through, just to see the look on the guy's face.

I actually did trade my Dialga from Diamond for a level 60 Feebas. I knew I'd get another Dialga in the inevitable third game and Feebas' rarity is insane so to get one at level 60 was great :U

By the way, has anyone actually got a Flying or Surfing Pikachu yet?? I haven't strolled through any of my new routes yet, and I have 2 boxes of Pikachu. The best I came up with is a Light Ball, and A Pikachu that knows Volt Tackle ... (Actually I'm thinking of giving up and training a Volt tackling Pikachu with Lightball instead. )

After a week at Disney World, and racking up 14,000 or more steps a day, I finally got a Flying Pikachu. The problem is threefold: 1) the !!! pokemon in the Yellow Forest are exceedingly rare; 2)you can't determine which !!! you have without actually catching one; and 3) they have a very, VERY high flight tendency. To catch the one !!! Pikachu I did, I fainted three with critical hits, and had two run away. Fortunately it turned out to be the Flying Pikachu. On other routes it's at least easier to know whether you're stalking the one you want, as they are usually different species. I also have several Light Balls and Thunderstones.

I have SS in Japanese, so if anyone wants a 'mere' non-English-language Pokemon, I can provide anything native to that game or breedable within it. And I won't even charge a level 100 Celebi for them.

How long does it usually take you guys to breed a shiny? I've been trying for a shiny Totodile on SoulSilver for ages and all I have to show for it is 3 boxes full of ordinary Totodiles so far.

Wait, you have THREE BOXES FULL OF TOTODILE'S?

Please give me one? ^_^'

Which to be fair was great for all the people that didn't have friends with the games or the handheld.

*slowly raises hand...*

Which is why online trading is cool, but the GTS is not. It makes everything way too easy.

'BASASASASASASASASASASASASASASAS'

'Pyopyopyopyopyopyopyo'

'Chuun-Chuun? Chunchun!'

The Dev Team were blatantly on pills or something whilst programming Route 12.

LAWL dude I thought the same thing! When those trainers spoke at first I thought my game had somehow messed up the text, but then I just realized that the trainers themselves had just a few too many pokeblocks. O_o

Kanto obviously has a bit of drugs problem, PokeWeed is ruining the lives of Youngsters everywhere.

Also, I wish 'Mom' would stfu, it's getting annoying her ringing me after every fucking battle to tell me she's bought some Occa Berries. GO AWAY I DONT CARE.

• Thumbs Up 2

The old GSC games gave a higher chance for a shiny from the Odd Egg you were given, but as far as I know the chance now from an egg is the same as the wild... 1 in 8,196. In P/D if one of your breeding Pokémon is from a different language version of the game, the chance goes down to 1 in 2,048... Not sure if that carries over to HG/SS though.

Edited by Reala

So when you ring Tim & Sue they answer with 'Hello this is Tim and Sue' leading me to believe they are just one person.

Route 13 is just as fucked up as Route 12.

• Thumbs Up 1