Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

It feels natural to me to fully evolve my Pokemon, but I totally understand why people wouldn't. This isn't "train six blocks of stats", it's Pokemon. Win with your favourites blah blah. 'Sides, winning with NFEs is very satisfying.

The more important thing is equipping the monsters you choose properly. To that end, I'll say that Dreadicky (Ricky)'s Quilava is fair game, but Ice Beam and Blizzard are redundant on Mamoswine, and neither work well with its mediocre Special Attack stat. Ice Shard might be a better option.

• Thumbs Up 3

My godbrother was playing HeartGold today, and... what a way to experience a first shiny!

(He doesn't hack; I helped him on a lot of the game and he's too young to know how to use an AR or anything like that.)

So he was walking around in the grass to catch something random to give to me for an Arceus (I wanted to help him with the E4), and lo and behold!

Wild (shiny) Raikou appeared!

I am fucking jealous. I have a bunch of shinies, but I've never caught a shiny roamer. I need that Raikou so badly! o_o

In the process of clearing Kanto... Through some pain I've obtained all the Eevee evolutions* and I really want to start doing some PvP as soon as they hit 100...

Also, I don't even remember being this obsessed with catching them all XD. I rememered borrowing a friend's Gameboy to transfer a few Pokemon between Red and Blue to get 151 and I got close in Crystal... but... damn, there's so many now... need to get my hands on a copy of Emerald and a copy of Pokemon box XD.

*that I know of, not those two weird new ones I know nothing about...

In the process of clearing Kanto... Through some pain I've obtained all the Eevee evolutions* and I really want to start doing some PvP as soon as they hit 100...

*that I know of, not those two weird new ones I know nothing about...

Unless something's been overlooked somewhere, the other two evolutions require a copy of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum as to obtain them you have to level up Eevee in a specific location this time.

Between HG/SS you should be able to catch 445 of the 484 Non-Event Pokémon without having to trade with D/P/Pt. HG specifically has about 12 Pokémon missing from it that SS has, so without trading you'll still be able to find 433 of them. I'd recommend trading though, some of the missing ones are very nice indeed. :D

Well, I have my GF a copy of SS so maybe I can con her into catching me some of the others.

Now, about these event Pokemon, I guess I just have to find someone willing to swap them?

Jeez, I REALLY overleveled. I'm 6 Kanto badges in and all my Pokemon are lvl 60+. They've brushed aside every Gym leader like an annoying rash. This will help when I take on the E4 for the second time, but for now, I have a billion trainers in the between Pewter City and Cinnabar Seas and Mt. Moon to go to and I'm more than ready to beat Blue. Guess those trainer rematches were a little TOO potent.

Black Fox, I'm in the exact same position, I've not touched Pewter, viridian, or Cinnibar yet, but my levels are almost 70, I'm just trying to raise up my last 2 team members for a full squadron...

Pshhh Kanto was a joke, by that point the gym leaders were no more threating then a wild pidgey

Blue was fun, though. Still a pushover, but we need more strong leaders who don't focus on a single type.

I just scored a Japanese Spiritomb off the GTS for a Lairon. Probably a Pearl player since you can't get the Aron line in that game. That pretty much saved me 2 months worth of Pokewalker shaking trying to get the last course ASAP.

In other news I've acquired a copy of Platinum and we'll be playing that now that I've finished Heart Gold.

Meep, got my planned PvP team all planned out, just need to level.

Team as of this typing is

Flame (Typlosion, Female) Lv. 100 (Knows: Flamethrower 24PP, Fire Blast 8PP, Focus Blast 7PP, Return 20PP)

Pidgeot Lv. 39 (Knows: Fly 15PP, Roost 10PP, Twister 20PP, Wing Attack 35PP)

Dash (Scizor) Lv. 33 (Knows: Cut 30PP, Wing Attack 35PP, Razor Wind 10PP, Slash 20PP)

Red Gyarados Lv. 34 (Knows: Surf 15PP, Strength 15PP, Dragon Pulse 10PP, Ice Fang 15PP)

Asbalabuhbas (Arceus with wonkey japan name) Lv. 100 (Knows: Judgement 10PP, Roar of Time 5PP, Special Rend 5PP, Shadow Force 5PP)

Rayquaza Lv. 100 (Knows: Dragon Claw 24PP, Hyper Beam 5PP, Outrage 15PP, Fly 15PP)

The Rayquaza and Arceus are with me just as E4 backups in case my Typlosion drops while i'm leveling the others with EXP share. Wayyyyy too powerful for a fair PvP, Rayquaza has a fucking attack stat of 398, not to mention the special attack stat at 332. His speed is low but he's Lv. 100, anything at 99 or lower will be KILLED.

My PvP team has my Lv. 90 Raichu with Volt-Tackle instead of Arceus, and my Lv. 97 Umbreon. I just need to level up my three that I never trailed (suprisingly, Pidgeot was my first caught 'mon. He only RECENTLY evolved into Pidgeot, and then I just caught like 5 Pokemon before the Elite Four. Which is why my Typlosion hit Lv 100 in the three days I've played this. (As in, I have three whole days on here. Had the game for like, two weeks? I think?)

Okay so no matter what I try, I can't get Blue's sister to give my Pokemon a massage more than once. After the first time I tried changing the time to the next day, nothing, I tried changing the time to a minute BEFORE the next day, saved after the day changed, then set the clock to "tea time" AND STILL NOTHING! Everytime she just tells me to join her, but she doesn't do anything. It keeps acting as if I already got a massage.

Okay so no matter what I try, I can't get Blue's sister to give my Pokemon a massage more than once. After the first time I tried changing the time to the next day, nothing, I tried changing the time to a minute BEFORE the next day, saved after the day changed, then set the clock to "tea time" AND STILL NOTHING! Everytime she just tells me to join her, but she doesn't do anything. It keeps acting as if I already got a massage.

Try exiting and entering the house, it might be something to do with how you haven't left.

SoulSilver has a program or something, but you cannot skip time with the DS clock. I've already tried it, it freezes time on the game cart itself until reset to the proper time. You have to play it and actually wait on this stuff.

Try exiting and entering the house, it might be something to do with how you haven't left.

I have. Still nothing.

SoulSilver has a program or something, but you cannot skip time with the DS clock. I've already tried it, it freezes time on the game cart itself until reset to the proper time. You have to play it and actually wait on this stuff.
I don't think so. Every daily event so far has been able to be manipulated through changing the DS clock. Trainer Rematches, Gym phone numbers, Pokeatholn stock items, swarms, etc. have all been able to be manipulated through changing the time. And time still flows in-game like normal. I doubt the DS would freeze time if time's not set to the right time since there technically isn't a "right" time that the game's supposed to recognize.

I'm guessing events that require some kind of "countdown" (Daisy's massages, Safari Zone block leveling) can't be manipulated by the clock somehow.

You're just going to have to wait it out.

I'm guessing events that require some kind of "countdown" (Daisy's massages, Safari Zone block leveling) can't be manipulated by the clock somehow.

You're just going to have to wait it out.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK GAME FREAK!

Luckily I wasn't planning on using Blue to gain exp.

I'm keeping my Chikorita as a Chikorita..... at least for most of Johto.

You are the coolest person that has ever posted in this topic.

Chikorita > it's evolutions. Especially if the Chikorita is a boy. Pink flowers would totally ruin the small sense of manhood Chikorita has.

Chikorita through all of Johto must be like EXTRA Hard mode.

on an unrelated note this topic has 123 pages. That is either more or equal to the amount of pages in the other Pokemon topics combined. I'm not sure, I might be 10 off in either direction. I didn't do the math throughly, or at all.

On a related note, holy shit I am finding more shiny Pokemon today than I have ever found in my LIFE.

And half of them are either an ugly yellow, or an ugly pink. I'm looking at you Mareep.

Lime Green Ursaring is awesome though.

And half of them are either an ugly yellow, or an ugly pink. I'm looking at you Mareep.

Lime Green Ursaring is awesome though.

Not to mention that Ursaring is a fucking beast of a Pokémon.

Don't let this opportunity go to waste - train that shiny Ursaring.

Its weird. I was waiting for this game for years, and I've played maybe 4 hours since I got it at launch. I don't get it. It isn't disappointment with the game, because the parts that I have played I genuinely do like. I just... can't get into it. Granted, Harmony of Silver Star came out like a week earlier, which was another remake I have been waiting for for months, but still. I dunno.

Edited by Tornado

Alright guys, this is driving me crazy, where the Hell do you get the map upgrade for Kanto?

I've been EVERYWHERE and beat Red, yet still, no map, and thus, no flying >_>.

I was personally unimpressed by the concept UNTIL I got my hands on it myself. People were begging for a remake of Gen II so much that I almost didn't expect it to be this good. There's just lots of lovely little touches which make it FEEL like a Gen IV game but it still recreates many of the originals elements perfectly. On the flip side it ALSO shares some of the originals drawbacks...

I've been dreaming of having pretty much any Pokémon follow you around since Pokémon Yellow so consider me a happy man.

Arrived in Goldenrod. I've just spent ages on Voltorb Flip and finally got enough coins for Dratini with a few lucky tries on Level 6 and 7. Two battles with Dratini in the grass on the route south of Goldenrod, it picked up a Shiny Leaf!

At the moment I have Totodile Lv 20, Raticate Lv20, Flaaffy Lv21 and Dratini Lv16. Slow progress but I'd rather take my time with the game than rush through it quickly.