Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

Also, you'll be able to use Legendary Pokémon for the first time in battle. So competitors will be able to make use their most powerful Pokémon in their team.

Entry Form

Name: Iceman

Birthday: May 12, 1990

Team for Entry: ARCEUS, ARCEUS, ARCEUS, ARCEUS, RAYQUAZA, MEW

• Thumbs Up 2

GS Cup rules is 4-on-4 double battle with a limit of 2 uber legenadaries per team, no promo legendaries. Unique Pokemon, unique items, etc. So no Arceus for you.

And I'm so tired of people labeling San Mateo tournaments as being in San Francisco. IT'S NOT IN SAN FRANCISCO! IT'S IN SAN MATEO! IF I CAN'T WALK TO IT THEN IT'S NOT IN SAN FRANCISCO!

Anyway I don't have a firm grasp of current strategies to attempt to enter this. I may go just to get the shiny Eevee.

Would ALMOST be as bad as Wonderguard Spiritomb.

Well, nothing comes even close to Wondertombs carrying Rest. Rest away statuses and just attack. The only ways I can think of to beat this guy would be to Taunt him and then Toxic him, or swap his ability somehow (Skill Swap, Worry Seed, etc.)

I've had to face a fair few online, so my Wi-fi team is always ready for Wondertombs XD

So I'm guessing illegal Pokemon is a big thing in the online community, then. :\

I'm now playing through SS because I want to train a new team and I'd rather not grind it up.

Though now in hind site it probably wasn't best to have my entire team traded over, as I live in fear of leveling them up to much D:

I got to play a lot of this today, <3.

Finally ready to go fight the Elite 4, randomly caught the Pokerus when battling a Poliwag with a Togepi (I knew those things were contaminated), and now have a team full of win, 8D.

Feraligatr 37

Forretress 36

Arcanine 37

Manectric (shiny)(Bolt) 38

Mightyena (shiny)(Balto)39

Lugia 46

I replaced Xatu for Lugia since Xatu wasn't doing it for me any more and needed a strong flying replacement quick, XD. Lugia will eventually be worked out of my team when I find something that I like (like maybe a Skarmory).

I probably need to do more trained before facing the Elite 4, but I'm finally satisfied with my team for now, =3.

-Blur

With those levels, it should be enough to take the Elite Four up until Lance, he sports close to 45-50 leveled Pokemon, and his Dragonite squad is really a bitch to kill. You'll definitely need some ice on your squadron for him, Feraligatr does learn Ice Fang though so you should be fine.

With a team like that, you'll easily handle Will, Koga, even Bruno, but Karen will prove to be a little tough, especially with that Double Teaming UmbreonUFSEBIUBHZDXIBDX

For that Birmingham tournament I may as well pick Scarf Kyogre, a Specs Jolteon, a Swift Swim DD Life Orb Kingdra and a Swords Dance Lucario for opposing Blissey. I'll have an easy time that way.

I'd love to get another Shiny Eevee though, preferably with a nature that allows it to evolve into Umbreon without any hinderances. Already have a Shiny Vaporeon, but I do want a blue Umbreon badly.

Hmm... I'm slowly but surely hitting the point in a Pokemon game where I get bored. I've beaten the Elite Four, got all the Kanto badges, defeated Red... all that's really left for me to do now is hunt down some legendaries and catch 'em all. The latter being a task I really dunno if I can be bothered with.

To be honest this has probably come at quite a good time, seeing as I have lots of work I should probably be doing instead :P

My time with SoulSilver shall now be in short, less regular bursts, methinks. But it sure was a fun ride getting to this point, definitely one of my favourite Pokemon games.

Yeah, I got to that point too. I don't know why, but I still somehow managed to grind up 2 more Pokemon to level 85.

My final team (which is actually probably pending because I'm crazy):

Infernape (85)

Swampert (85)

Tyranitar (86)

Electivire (87)

Yanmega (85)

Metagross (SHINY)(86)

Hmm... I'm slowly but surely hitting the point in a Pokemon game where I get bored. I've beaten the Elite Four, got all the Kanto badges, defeated Red... all that's really left for me to do now is hunt down some legendaries and catch 'em all. The latter being a task I really dunno if I can be bothered with.

To be honest this has probably come at quite a good time, seeing as I have lots of work I should probably be doing instead :P

My time with SoulSilver shall now be in short, less regular bursts, methinks. But it sure was a fun ride getting to this point, definitely one of my favourite Pokemon games.

Well if you have wifi, you can play worldwide with people and improve your team even further, but that's only if you're really into competitive play... Competitive play doesn't appeal to everyone though, so if you're not into it, the game of Pokemon looses its fizz a bit after you complete the post Elite Four story checkpoints.

Having to phone trainers up for battles is bullshit. Only like 2 of them in any given day actually want to fight. I miss the VS Seeker. Badly.

I still REALLY want a female Horsea, anyone willing to trade a good one for a Dratini or something? I'd also love a Bagon and a Gible at some point.

And yes if anyone hasn't already realised from all of my trade requests, my name is Seto Kaiba; I have a Dragon fetish and I sound like Brock from Pokémon! Screw the rules, I'm in love with nurse Joy! :P

Having to phone trainers up for battles is bullshit. Only like 2 of them in any given day actually want to fight. I miss the VS Seeker. Badly.

So do I. You never get to face majority of the trainers again until after you get the national dex. :/

Tis hard toi level grind still.

Luckily, if you can get a Lucky Egg, you shouldn't need to do a lot of level grinding until after you get the National Dex. And even then, if your willing to change around the DS clock, rematching trainers can actually be a lot more helpful then the VS Seeker for the simple fact that once you find a trainer to lvl grind with, rematching them a dozen times is a lot faster than the VS Seeker. All you have to do is exit the route and call them up to re activate a rematch, rather than having to run 100 steps and HOPE they want a rematch, only downside is that it can be more cumbersome with some trainers not being located near route exits.

Yeah, but it's not instant, is it? I checked the rest of my party and they didn't have the Pokerus status yet.

Do you have to walk around with an infected Pokemon for a while before it'll spread?

Walking won't spread Pokerus, fighting does. But you don't have to fight with whichever Poke has the virus; it's more efficient to put a powerful Poke in front to OHKO things if possible and put your Pokerus in the center of the party. It (typically) spreads to the Pokes directly adjacent to it, then they spread it to the ones on the other side of them. My Diamond Pokerus storers are a set of Lvl 2 Surskits, all named Pokerus for easy locating. I guarantee you I'm not winning any battles with them!

Faint a few wildlings and check your party; rinse and repeat until all have the little purple label. But as others have noted, be sure to put at least one back in the box before midnight; the virus doesn't spread in the the PC Boxes, but it doesn't disappear either. And it is a good idea to spread it to a few you won't use for anything else, just in case.

Yesssss, Clamperl swarm today. This was the one swarm Pokémon the game absolutely refused to let me get for the longest time. Now I have all of SoulSilver and Platinum's swarm Pokémon in one game or the other, so I no longer have to bother with this cumbersome feature.

Ugh, swarms.

I got a DITTO swarm.

Why the hell you would swarm a Pokemon that is about as rare as fucking Rattata in that game is beyond me.

OH HEY NEVER MIND I just got a Ralts swarm and I got a male shiny one. Fucking awesome.

Now I just need to make him a Gallade.

Edited by Nathan Speed

Ugh, swarms.

I got a DITTO swarm.

Why the hell you would swarm a Pokemon that is about as rare as fucking Rattata in that game is beyond me.

OH HEY NEVER MIND I just got a Ralts swarm and I got a male shiny one. Fucking awesome.

Now I just need to make him a Gallade.

This is my jealous face --> D=<

Now working on my second team, consisting of Charmander, Mudkip, Haunter, Shroomish, and plan on putting Togepi into the pack. This time I'm gonna let Breloom realize his full potential.

Adamant + Poison Heal + Toxic Orb with Spore, Focus Punch, Seed Bomb, and Facade.

Any suggestions for the last party member? Not looking for ubers or anything.

Edited by Black Spy

Now working on my second team, consisting of Charmander, Mudkip, Haunter, Shroomish, and plan on putting Togepi into the pack. This time I'm gonna let Breloom realize his full potential.

Adamant + Poison Heal + Toxic Orb with Spore, Focus Punch, Seed Bomb, and Facade.

Any suggestions for the last party member? Not looking for ubers or anything.

Well you currently have no Pokémon that resist ice and psychic and are hurt pretty badly by rock and electric so a steel type that resists electric would fit perfectly into your team. Something like Magnezone fits the job perfectly, although he does leave you a bit weak to fire.

Yesssss, Clamperl swarm today. This was the one swarm Pokémon the game absolutely refused to let me get for the longest time. Now I have all of SoulSilver and Platinum's swarm Pokémon in one game or the other, so I no longer have to bother with this cumbersome feature.

Hahaha, I had Clampearl swarms yesterday, but today I've only got Dunsparce :/

I managed to get Clampearls in Platinum too (evolved them aswell) :3

Pretty much all I do on HG now is swarms ._. other than that I've just been playing Platinum and Emerald. Gotta catch 'em all!

Well you currently have no Pokémon that resist ice and psychic and are hurt pretty badly by rock and electric so a steel type that resists electric would fit perfectly into your team. Something like Magnezone fits the job perfectly, although he does leave you a bit weak to fire.

How about Lucario? When Mudkip fully evolves, he'll be able to resist rock and be immune to electric, and Lucario will resist ice, leaving only psychic as a weak spot, but Lucario can learn Crunch.

The real problem will be CATCHING it in HG/SS...... and I don't wanna go through the hassle of trading one over from Platinum.

Speaking of Safari Zone exclusive Pokemon,

Dear GameFreak:

^ (∙_∙)

Edited by Black Spy

How about Lucario? When Mudkip fully evolves, he'll be able to resist rock and be immune to electric, and Lucario will resist ice, leaving only psychic as a weak spot, but Lucario can learn Crunch.

The real problem will be CATCHING it in HG/SS...... and I don't wanna go through the hassle of trading one over from Platinum.

Speaking of Safari Zone exclusive Pokemon,

Dear GameFreak:

^ (∙_∙)

wait what

70 days. Really. Fuck that shit, I'm trading someone for a Riolu because that shit is whack.

The Safari Zone throughout the Pokémon series has always been the accumulation of everything that sucks about the games. It's no surprise that Game Freak is willing to make it progressively worse with each new game.

The Safari Zone throughout the Pokémon series has always been the accumulation of everything that sucks about the games. It's no surprise that Game Freak is willing to make it progressively worse with each new game.

yeah but their shit has never been whack. It's not been the best shit but I swear that is some whacked up shit they're whacking in HG/SS. Emerald's Safari Zone at least was easy to figure out. This is just what the fucking hell this shit is so fucking whack.

Swampert is your only resist of those 2 types though. Also the only good Psychic types allowed in standard (So basically Latias and Starmie) are all faster than you and will be able to KO or severly cripple you.