Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

Pokemon Company JP, Serebii.net & other Pokemon sites have revealed that Pokemon Sunday next week, will announce a new game.

Speculation is the G/S remake we have been waiting for. And with in the most recent episode, 2 balls, a gold & silver, unopened, The starters appearing in the 12th Movie, and the starters even getting rereleased as figures, the proof shows it. So discuss.

EDIT:It's true, its the remake. The title names are Heart Gold and Soul Silver. There will be a Wii game that is compatible with this game and allows Platniums formes to be in 3D.

Edited by Pearl

It's a G&S remake, what more is there to discuss?

it'll probably be awesome though. hopefully we get a more complete Kanto then in the original.

G&S= best gen

Awesome. My favorite part of that game was revisiting Kanto and doing those gyms. They'll no doubt lay on a bunch of extra areas like the first generation remakes. NICE. I've been waiting for this. It'll be a DS game? That's awesome beyond words.

Wouldnt a better place to post this be in the Pokemon topic?

Also its been speculated for a long time that theres a G/S remake in production. Does anyone else remember those boxarts released a while back? But yeah, this sounds pretty awsome. I'll finally be able to play a 2nd gen game (Sort of...). Lets hope that the more than 2 sprite animations from Crystal make a return in this title.

Because none of you could be bothered to post the articles or sources confirming any of this...

It seems the Pokemon variety show Pokemon Sunday will make a major video game related announcement on May 10th. The fandom believes this is the remakes of Gold and Silver, since the preview for the announcement involved gold and silver party balls(you know the ones that hang on the ceiling and pop open to spill out confetti).

Coro Coro and the Nintendo Dream are also to disclose a big title in their upcoming issues. Coro Coro is often the first magazine to reveal new Pokemon games.

Source: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Majo...nced_this_month

Edit: Gaffer Wii Will Rock U says the remakes are confirmed, and that a new Wii game in the vein of PBR will be compatiable with the remakes(along with Platinum)

Source

I can confirm to you all that this announcement is indeed a Gold and Silver remake as I JUST heard news of it from my buddy in Treehouse who has known for a while and while I knew (and actually told through PM a few people on GAF) I feel as though now is as good of a time as any to let everyone know.

Release is Late 2009 Japan release, Spring 2010 America.

Also, expect an announcement soon after E3 of a new Wii based Pokemon game compatible with these new games as well as Platinum.

Source

Can we please have a 'new' Gold/Silver that incorporates Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh all in one game?

It's a G&S remake, what more is there to discuss?

it'll probably be awesome though. hopefully we get a more complete Kanto then in the original.

G&S= best gen

Agreed! Tyranatar was the best! Along with charizard and uh..... damn I forgot the rest of that gen's pokemon.

I lost the love for this series a long time ago. :( I finished Red, Yellow, and Gold. I might get back into the series if they do a home console version as robust as the handheld versions. That doesn't seem very likely though. Every home console Pokemon game has been a crappy half assed (IMO) spinoff. I wonder why they refuse to do a full blown Pokemon on home consoles.

Can we please have a 'new' Gold/Silver that incorporates Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh all in one game?

As much as I like the idea I doubt a DS/DSi cartridge would have enough data to hold that much data for environments. It might work as a console title but since Nintendo would probably want to make that 3D I doubt it could happen

G&S is my least favourite gen but that's because it's the only one I've never finished and I haven't played it in yooooooooooonks. It has a sort of a weird mystical aura upon it for me as it's the only one I've never properly explored.

Needless to say I desire for a remake.

Edited by Flint

^ Oh this is a good one, when I was younger and much stupider, I had just beaten the Elite Four in Gold and took the SS Anne to Vermilion City, but I didn't know how to get off the ship and be in Vermilion. So I just gave up and restarted the game....you know what the really sad part is.....

I HAD A SHINY STARTER! T_____T Woe is me....

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

I hope it's true. Never got the chance to play the original G/S. But I'll hold my horses until it is officially announced.

G&S= best gen

Fuck yeah!

I've been waiting for this forever, so I really hope it does turn out to be a remake of Gold and Silver, <3. It's the game that really got me into Pokemon, and I really love a lot of the Pokemon from that generation. Plus, I'm very excited to once again complete the giant epic story of 16 badges, 8D. I just really hope they do include Kanto in it still. I don't see why not, but I just really hope they don't cut it short and only have Johto.

Plus, I screwed up my Silver copy ages ago when I was younger because I got carried away with the oh-so fun cartridge tipping, -_-.

-Blur

I lost the love for this series a long time ago. :( I finished Red, Yellow, and Gold. I might get back into the series if they do a home console version as robust as the handheld versions. That doesn't seem very likely though. Every home console Pokemon game has been a crappy half assed (IMO) spinoff. I wonder why they refuse to do a full blown Pokemon on home consoles.

Shadow Pokemon series says Hi.

The two Gamecube game felt incredibly compared to the others- lack of wild battles and forced double was horrendously boring. XD was better than it's predecessor, but not great either way. They felt even more like 'run, select option and watch' than any of the main games, too.

The two Gamecube game felt incredibly compared to the others- lack of wild battles and forced double was horrendously boring. XD was better than it's predecessor, but not great either way. They felt even more like 'run, select option and watch' than any of the main games, too.

IMO, i think Double Battles have more strategy & Challange.

Also, this is great news.

What's with the title change? Is it confirmed?

Edited by Vasco

Eh, I like them but having every battle forced to be one is annoying as you have to spend more time button pressing. It especially sucks when you can take down the opposition witha single shot. Ugh.

I do really, really hope that the soundtrack is remastered in a nice way, and not in vein of Diamond and Pearl. I mean, that game has the most tinny music ever. And the sprites, oh my goodness. Half the Pokémon look stoned and near all of them lack proper shading. Such a step down from R/S/E/Fr/Fl, even G/S/C. They'd be the perfect ways to ruin them. =(

What's with the title change? Is it confirmed?

With all the proof, yes.

I hope this will come out, with Kanto of course! Why Nintendo didn't add Orange league in some of the games? Or even as separate game.

Eh, I like them but having every battle forced to be one is annoying as you have to spend more time button pressing. It especially sucks when you can take down the opposition witha single shot. Ugh.

Thats why you should EV your Pokemon.

I do really, really hope that the soundtrack is remastered in a nice way, and not in vein of Diamond and Pearl. I mean, that game has the most tinny music ever.

Quoted for truth. Am I the only one who feels that the battle theme is starting to get old?

And the sprites, oh my goodness. Half the Pokémon look stoned and near all of them lack proper shading. Such a step down from R/S/E/Fr/Fl, even G/S/C. They'd be the perfect ways to ruin them. =(

Dont forget some being lazy edits of the other sprite in the animation. An example of this is (Who wouldve thought I'd raise this example?[/sarcasm) Blaziken.

blazikensprites.png

On the 2nd sprite the bottom half of Blazikens arms are simply rotated and the hands arent changed meaning they look odd from the perspective which the sprite is being looked at. Other examples of lazy editing are Pokemon like Seviper, Arceus, Milotic (Platinum only), Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza

With all the proof, yes.

No. It's very likely to be the GS remakes but there still isn't 100% proof. As for the game itself, as much as I love GS I really don't see the point in this remake, every Pokemon is available on a previous game in some shape or form and unless they replace the sprites with a low poly Stadium esque battle system then apart from a map made to look like the GS map this game won't offer anything that isn't already available in some way =/. Which is a shame since GSC was my favorite era after RBY.

If it is being remade I'd assume it's a possible compensation for the lack for DS/GBA transfer, at a guess, or to make some of the harder G/S/C pokemon easier to get.

I'd really appreciate it if they could find a good way of fixing compatibility between games. It's incredibly naive of them to be so unprepared for new forms appearing in later editions of the (same generation) series.

Thats why you should EV your Pokemon.

In Colosseum story mode? No way!

Quoted for truth. Am I the only one who feels that the battle theme is starting to get old?

No. No you are not. I'd welcome a change.

Dont forget some being lazy edits of the other sprite in the animation. An example of this is (Who wouldve thought I'd raise this example?[/sarcasm) Blaziken.

blazikensprites.png

On the 2nd sprite the bottom half of Blazikens arms are simply rotated and the hands arent changed meaning they look odd from the perspective which the sprite is being looked at. Other examples of lazy editing are Pokemon like Seviper, Arceus, Milotic (Platinum only), Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza

Yikes! I didn't even notice that they'd gotton that lazy. Emerald animations were poor, and D/P were bad but this? This crazy lazy. G/S remakes aren't seeming so good now.

Edited by Blue Blood