Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

So Lyra just rang me telling me she turned to her side during a walk with her Marill and saw it evolving, but after flying to New Bark Town to check it turns out she was lying.

I'm not going to accept this kind of bullshit tbh, fuck off and die Lyra you absolute skank.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm not going to accept this kind of bullshit tbh, fuck off and die Lyra you absolute skank.

;-;

It's not Lyra's fault, she's too adorable for the AI of the game to handle, that's all...

;-;

• Thumbs Up 3

Can't set up wifi, and not playing Pokemon and haven't for ages until I evolve my Machoke, as I want Machamp for when I storm Team Rocket in Goldenrod.

I need to meet up with a mate who has a DS, but we just end up going to the pub and/or forgetting our DS's anyway. FUUUUUU.

Oh well, this is why Metroid Prime 2 has arrived when it did ;o

Currently: Annoyed.

I did everything Serebii said to do in order to get Blue's number, but I still can't get it. What gives? Not only that, but I called Brock last night to get him to go to the Dojo and he's not there? What gives x2!?

I was going to stack up all the Gym Leaders in the Dojo and fight them all at once, but I can't even be bothered to do that now. I'm going to fight a couple, get Rayquaza, and then fight the rest. Maybe Daisy will give me Blue's number on some other day :/

Currently: Annoyed.

I did everything Serebii said to do in order to get Blue's number, but I still can't get it. What gives? Not only that, but I called Brock last night to get him to go to the Dojo and he's not there? What gives x2!?

I was going to stack up all the Gym Leaders in the Dojo and fight them all at once, but I can't even be bothered to do that now. I'm going to fight a couple, get Rayquaza, and then fight the rest. Maybe Daisy will give me Blue's number on some other day :/

Next time use this magical site! You do need to snoop onto people profiles and spoilers and all that jazz.

I don't serebii too much just because. >.>

Anywho... Since Blue's number was brought up I better get MOOVING! A week of massages sounds like a chore... =_=

I don't serebii too much just because. >.>

Anywho... Since Blue's number was brought up I better get MOOVING! A week of massages sounds like a chore... =_=

Pft, Serebii and Bulba both have their fair share of mess-ups, Serebii is still a great site for game help.

Still, darn! That means I have to wait until NEXT Sunday to rematch Blue! NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

EDIT: I get Rayquaza :D now I have like, nothing left to do. ._.

OMG he looks so cool following you!! x3

Edited by DreadSuperChuckles

So Lyra just rang me telling me she turned to her side during a walk with her Marill and saw it evolving, but after flying to New Bark Town to check it turns out she was lying.

Mash B Lyra! For great justice!

• Thumbs Up 3

Still, darn! That means I have to wait until NEXT Sunday to rematch Blue! NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

You can't change the DS clock settings back to Sunday?

Also, according to That Other Wikimon, you have to massage a Pokemon with max happiness 7 times, then talk to her after the 7th massage to get the number.

Haaaaay guys. Decide my final party member for me!

I've realised that Pidgeot isn't going to do me much good, so I'm trying to think of another Flyer that isn't Flygon since I had one of those of Platinum.

Right now I'm thinking Altaria or Drifblim, since they're from types I don't have yet. As much as I'd love to use a Tropius I heard they kinda suck, which is a shame.

I'm also considering ditching Tyranitar 'cause I feel like I need a Fighting type to do away with Normal and Dark types easily (although if I had Drifblim, part Ghost, Dark wouldn't be as much of a problem), and Tyranitar dies so easily sometimes ._.

EDIT: Yeah I could set the clock back, but I'd feel a little lame doing that :/

• Thumbs Up 1

Haaaaay guys. Decide my final party member for me!

I've realised that Pidgeot isn't going to do me much good, so I'm trying to think of another Flyer that isn't Flygon since I had one of those of Platinum.

Right now I'm thinking Altaria or Drifblim, since they're from types I don't have yet. As much as I'd love to use a Tropius I heard they kinda suck, which is a shame.

I'm also considering ditching Tyranitar 'cause I feel like I need a Fighting type to do away with Normal and Dark types easily (although if I had Drifblim, part Ghost, Dark wouldn't be as much of a problem), and Tyranitar dies so easily sometimes ._.

EDIT: Yeah I could set the clock back, but I'd feel a little lame doing that :/

Out of those 2 I'd say Drifblim would probably be the more useful of the 2, and yes, Tropius does suck unfortunately. Having it on your team also means you get less crippled by fighting types. I'd keep Tyranitar though, he is excellent if you can use him right.

Out of those 2 I'd say Drifblim would probably be the more useful of the 2, and yes, Tropius does suck unfortunately. Having it on your team also means you get less crippled by fighting types. I'd keep Tyranitar though, he is excellent if you can use him right.

Cheers, I'll look into getting a Drifloon and give my Tyranitar another chance.

In other news, has anyone else tried to take a photo with Latias as their party lead? Just look at its sprite from the front... it looks... all wrong ._.

The way the black and yellow eyes look... it makes her face look like.... MetaKnight.... ._.

Try it for yourself, I not lying.

LATIAS = METAKNIGHT.

I shat bricks.

EDIT: Ugh, that still leaves Dark types as a serious problem though. >.<

FUCKING BATTLE TOWER CHEATING BASTARD

A Fearow OHKO'd my entire team using only U-Turn, outspeeding Max Speed EV trained Weavile SOMEHOW, even a focus sash didn't help because my Ice Punch missed >_>

U-Turn OHKO'd my Gallade and Tyranitar as well.

Ffs, I hate the way the game REFUSES to let you win, because two of my team members have a double weakness to Fighting I've been running into Mach Punch Hitmontop and Hitmonchan SO OFTEN.

CHEATING BASTARDS JUST GIVE ME THE FUCKING TOWER RIBBONS YOU BITCH

FUCKING BATTLE TOWER CHEATING BASTARD

A Fearow OHKO'd my entire team using only U-Turn, outspeeding Max Speed EV trained Weavile SOMEHOW, even a focus sash didn't help because my Ice Punch missed >_>

U-Turn OHKO'd my Gallade and Tyranitar as well.

o.o... How'd ice Punch miss?

And if it attacked before a Max Speed Weavile... it's probably using a Choice Scarf... but how could it have taken out a Tyranitar? (Is the Tyranitar EV trained)?

My max atk. Tyranitar (which is also EV'd for speed and had no defense EV's/boosts) survived a 4x effective Brick Break from a Weavile, which has a higher attack stat than a Fearow. And the Fearow must've been holding a Choice Scarf, meaning no attack boosts for it.

Silver Wind and a lot of luck?

My final projected quasi-competitive team of my oft-changing favourites that I'm currently putting together:

Magnezone

Floatzel

Vespiquen

Bellossom

Sableye

Nidoqueen

...and yes, I realize the sheer stupidity of including a sunny-beaming Bellossom and a Floatzel on the same team, but I love them all too much to particularly care. Tiers? Feh. I'm mostly gonna use 'em in the Battle Frontier anyway. Too many good items available there.

In other news, has anyone else tried to take a photo with Latias as their party lead? Just look at its sprite from the front... it looks... all wrong ._.

The way the black and yellow eyes look... it makes her face look like.... MetaKnight.... ._.

Try it for yourself, I not lying.

LATIAS = METAKNIGHT.

I shat bricks.

I don't see what you're talking about.I'm looking at it right now and don't see anything that vaguely resembles Metaknight.

Also, to be fair, most dark types suck. There are about 7 good dark types (Absol, Darkrai (Who you won't see in game), Honchrow, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Umbreon and Weavile (Who has kinda sucked since a certain Pokémon got bullet punch)) and about 6 good offensive dark moves, it's really not a type to be worried about.

A Fearow OHKO'd my entire team using only U-Turn, outspeeding Max Speed EV trained Weavile SOMEHOW

Really? It can't have a choice scarf according to the database I'm looking at, however a Fearow with a +Speed nature and full EVs and IVs in speed can outspeed neutral speed nature Weaviles with full EVs in speed if it has a speed IV below 21 so it is perfectly possible.

Edited by Blaziken

o.o... How'd ice Punch miss?

And if it attacked before a Max Speed Weavile... it's probably using a Choice Scarf... but how could it have taken out a Tyranitar? (Is the Tyranitar EV trained)?

My max atk. Tyranitar (which is also EV'd for speed and had no defense EV's/boosts) survived a 4x effective Brick Break from a Weavile, which has a higher attack stat than a Fearow. And the Fearow must've been holding a Choice Scarf, meaning no attack boosts for it.

Even with 100 Accuracy attacks can still miss, it's just incredibly rare >_>

Tyranitar is EV trained in Speed and Attack (and 4 EVs in HP), since U-Turn is Bug type it's super effective on Tyranitar ;_;

I hate Bastard Tower.

I don't see what you're talking about.I'm looking at it right now and don't see anything that vaguely resembles Metaknight.

I'd need a screenshot or something to be able to point it out well T_T still, the yellow eyes just look wrong.

Also, to be fair, most dark types suck. There are about 7 good dark types (Absol, Darkrai (Who you won't see in game), Honchrow, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Umbreon and Weavile (Who has kinda sucked since a certain Pokémon got bullet punch)) and about 6 good offensive dark moves, it's really not a type to be worried about.

Karen always pwns me so badly though D: her Umbreon has glorious defense.

I hate Bastard Tower.

You're only allowed to call it the Bastard Tower if Palmer and Anabel weren't married when they conceived it.

I'd need a screenshot or something to be able to point it out well T_T still, the yellow eyes just look wrong.

Ani380OD.png

Karen always pwns me so badly though D: her Umbreon has glorious defense.

Teach your Tyranitar stone edge, give it an attack boosting item and it will no longer give you any problems unless you keep missing and he gets a couple of double teams off.

You're only allowed to call it the Bastard Tower if Palmer and Anabel weren't married when they conceived it.

Ouch, I'd imagine that would be a painful birth. XD

Edited by Blaziken

Ani380OD.png

Just look at the yellow eyes in the middle of the black bits on her face!

Metaknight.jpg

IT'S METAKNIGHT.

Teach your Tyranitar stone edge, give it an attack boosting item and it will no longer give you any problems unless you keep missing and he gets a couple of double teams off.

Yeah it has Stone Edge, but when it comes to Karen Double Team is a constant problem, and Tyranitar's bad Speed will never get better ._.

Ouch, I'd imagine that would be a painful birth. XD

And Anabel's so small too... xP

Unless Palmer was the one who gave birth.

Metaknight.jpg

IT'S METAKNIGHT.

The resemblance... it's uncanny o.o

Yeah it has Stone Edge, but when it comes to Karen Double Team is a constant problem, and Tyranitar's bad Speed will never get better ._.

Do you have anything with Roar on your team? Roar/Whirlwind really work wonders against Double Teamers.

FUCKING GAME CORRUPTED AFTER 53 HOURS! GONNA RIP YOU A NEW ONE NINTENDO!

I'm actually close to crying. This can't be my fucking DS. If I could go from "7 hours and corrupted" to "53 hours and corrupted"

Want to know what I did? Turn it off because I messed up on teaching my Haunter a mover, only to load it back up and GAME CORRUPTED! ARGH!

The resemblance... it's uncanny o.o

Ikr!

Do you have anything with Roar on your team? Roar/Whirlwind really work wonders against Double Teamers.

Nope, but I might consider it if Karen keeps giving me trouble.

I can't believe this keeps happening to you >.<

I really hope you find the problem soon :S Playing it with the fear of it being corrupted at any second would be really stressful...

Really sorry to hear it :(

I can't believe this keeps happening to you >.<

I really hope you find the problem soon :S Playing it with the fear of it being corrupted at any second would be really stressful...

Really sorry to hear it :(

I'd actually thought I'd solved it, I got 7 times further than my other attempts, then out of the blur CORRUPTION ;o;

Metaknight.jpg

IT'S METAKNIGHT.

I get what you're saying now but it looks more like Latias' eyes to me than Metaknight.

This is very true, I'd reccomend Skarmory if you're going to get a whirlwinder, it also solves your flying Pokémon problem as well.

I'm actually close to crying. This can't be my fucking DS. If I could go from "7 hours and corrupted" to "53 hours and corrupted"

Want to know what I did? Turn it off because I messed up on teaching my Haunter a mover, only to load it back up and GAME CORRUPTED! ARGH!

I know what this feels like, it happened to me on Platinum once, but multiple times, that must be horrible. Maybe this is that glitch that was rumoured a while back but they never did anything about it.

Edited by Blaziken

This is very true, I'd reccomend Skarmory if you're going to get a whirlwinder, it also solves your flying Pokémon problem as well.

Skarmory works very well for this purpose. And I'm going to have to say Swampert is a great Roarer as well; it's decently bulky, and has only one weakness, and has decent attacking stats if you choose to use them.

I know what this feels like, it happened to me on Platinum once, but multiple times, that must be horrible. Maybe this is that glitch that was rumoured a while back but they never did anything about it.

Nintendo didn't do "nothing" about it, though.

Wij hebben geconstateerd dat sommige pre-release-exemplaren van Pokémon HeartGold Version voor Nederland en het Nederlandstalige gedeelte van België niet naar behoren functioneren.

De kwaliteit van onze producten staat altijd voorop en daarom nemen we mogelijke problemen zeer serieus. Om deze reden hebben we besloten om de lancering van Pokémon HeartGold Version en Pokémon SoulSilver Version in Nederland en het Nederlandstalige gedeelte van België uit te stellen.

Zodra we over meer informatie beschikken, zullen we deze verstrekken. We betreuren het veroorzaakte ongemak en danken je bij voorbaat voor je begrip.

Pokémon HeartGold Version en Pokémon SoulSilver Version zullen in het Franstalige gedeelte van België en de rest van Europa gewoon als gepland vanaf 26 maart verkrijgbaar zijn.

Translated -

We have found that some pre-release copies of Pokemon HeartGold Version of the Netherlands and the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium are not functioning properly.

The quality of our products is always paramount and therefore we take any problems very seriously. For this reason, we have decided to postpone the launch of Pokemon HeartGold and Pokemon SoulSilver Version in the Netherlands and Dutch-speaking part of Belgium.

Once we have more information, we will provide it. We regret the inconvenience caused and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Pokemon Gold Version Heart and Soul Pokemon Silver Version are available in French-speaking part of Belgium and the rest of Europe just as scheduled starting from Mar. 26th.

So... was it a different language game? Or was there something else that affected your copy, DO?