Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

I went to Wal-Mart today and noticed that the Rainbow Chicken of Awesomness (A.K.A Ho-Oh) isn't getting much attention.

In other words, Soul Silver is selling more than Heart Gold.

Huh, over here its the opposite. HeartGold is always stocked on Top No. 1 in GAME and GameStop with SoulSIlver on second place.

I think this is probably a reason why SoulSilver is selling better than HeartGold:

pokemon-2.jpg

What with today's celebrity culture, of course the fans are going to opt for a movie star rather than a Pokemon that only notably appeared (as far as I can remember) very briefly in the very first episode :P

In other words, Lugia has been in the public eye a bit more. Lugia on the SoulSilver box = more recognition = more sales. I would assume.

• Thumbs Up 1

Noticed the same thing at my Walmart, HeartGold (which I have) had plenty in stock, while SoulSilver's supply was diminishing.

Edit: looks like Ho-oh's gonna be getting some screen time in the 13th movie though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTVVk6qwxVk

At least I HOPE it does, because in all later trailers Ho-oh, (and Lugia for that matter), don't appear at all....

Edited by Ferno

In other words, Soul Silver is selling more than Heart Gold.

That is so strange. I always thought that Gold and Heartgold were the most popular versions. What is it with Soulsilver?

I prefer being "less common" anyway.

-----------

I battled my way throughout the Elite Four again as I hear that is the most efficient way of grinding exp. points. However I did not anticipate that I would come so much further than before, my goal was only go grab a couple of more levels along with money to buy revives and hyper potions. As Lance had two pokemon left, despite me having only one or two hyper potions and revives (lol dead team), I decided to actually go for it.

DSC00269.jpg

Yes, that is the champion. He has only one pokemon left, and so do I. Both are afflicted by the paralysis status condition. He has somewhere between 1-3 HP left, whilst I do not have such a high amount of HP left myself. Guess who just used Full Restore. I am so screwed ...

... until real shortly. He was indeed the one using a Full Restore, but the move his Charizard used was not dealing too much damage on my Ho-Oh. Therefore I revived and healed up Diz. Charizard beat down over half of Diz' HP, luckily resulting in Diz' Static ability inflicting paralysis onto Charizard.

I did not want Diz to hate me and risc even more it to faint, so I used Thunderbolt instead of Volt Tackle. Ha, gotcha!

I have not done anything yet after beating Lance, so here is my current team if you would be interested in knowing (showing teams is fun!) All were trained from scratch, just in case anyone is wondering:

Diz (Raichu Lv.43) [Volt Tackle, Thunderbolt, Grass Knot, Brick Break]

Swoosh (Drifblim Lv.40) [Gust, Ominous Wind, Shadow Ball, Payback]

Fyr (Typhlosion Lv.40) [Cut, Quick Attack, Lava Plume, Flame Wheel]

Gull (Ampharos Lv.44) [Discharge, Rock Smash, Signal Beam (learned this attempt by level-up), Thunder Wave]

Blusop (Vileplume Lv.40) [Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb, PoisonPowder, Mega Drain]

HO-OH (Ho-Oh Lv.51) [Extrasensory, Fly, Punishment (learned this attempt by level-up), Sacred Fire]

Edit: Oh! I forgot to mention - The credits part was really awesome and cute~ I wanna see it again! =0

Noticed the same thing at my Walmart, HeartGold (which I have) had plenty in stock, while SoulSilver's supply was diminishing.

Edit: looks like Ho-oh's gonna be getting some screen time in the 13th movie though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTVVk6qwxVk

At least I HOPE it does, because in all later trailers Ho-oh, (and Lugia for that matter), don't appear at all....

zOMG! Ho-oh is epic!

I would had gotten HG if my information was right but no... >.< I can't believe I had to trade a Spinarak over...

Oh god, hilarity.

So I was training in Victory Road, and my Pokemon was apparently "concerned about the trap". My... my male Bellossom was concerned about a trap.

What could that phrase possibly mean in the proper context?

Oh god, hilarity.

So I was training in Victory Road, and my Pokemon was apparently "concerned about the trap". My... my male Bellossom was concerned about a trap.

What could that phrase possibly mean in the proper context?

Hahaha xD I noticed that too when I was walking through with my Gardevoir, but my Gardevoir is female.

It's definitely a VERY weird phrase isn't it? :S WHAT TRAP!?

OMGOMGOMG I JUST GOT A SHINY TAUROS!

It was so close c: It got burned by my Magby, and I thought it was gonna die, but it clung on to 1px of HP! And got it 8D!

This is my first shiny c:

^ Yeah, HG/SS has an incresed Shiny Rate apparently.

Thought that may be the case, mum bumped into a Tentacool not long before I bumped into it. But it's like my first shiny since Red Gyarados in Gold. I'm kinda happy c:

I still haven't seen a single shiny :/ and I've been catching Pokémon compulsively, my Pokédex is over 222 caught already ._.

^ Yeah, HG/SS has an incresed Shiny Rate apparently.

I guess those radio waves Team Rocket used are affecting more than just the Magikarp, eh?

Also, I'm really starting to get the hang of Voltorb Flip. After refreshing my memory of how to get good at it, I quickly went all the way to lvl 4 and earned up to 1000 coins so far. However still thinks the slots were more useful can go somewhere.

And I've devised an easy solution to racking up Watts in the Pokewalker without having to move about. The thing reads steps as slight jerks, so flicking your rist a little to the left, then right etc. builds up steps constantly. So mimicking that type of motion is key to finding ways to build up Watts.

Edited by Black Spy

FUCKING HATE BATTLE TOWER

Everything always happens so conviently for my opponents, a fucking Purugly had two critical hits and two uses of quick claw in a row OHKOing my Weavile and Gallade then it uses Dig on my Tyranitar whose Super Power missed twice while it was surfaced and bam, MY ENTIRE EV TRAINED TOWER TEAM IS KILLED BY PURUGLY WHO DIDNT EVEN GET HIT ONCE.

Fuck sake.

BIG SIGH.

I've finally caught all those fucking roamers, Latias was by far the biggest pain in the arse, Raikou and Entei were quite easy to track down and weaken/catch in comparison. I don't know what it was about Latias that made her refuse to ever appear before me >_>

Easier to catch than the roamers of Platinum, but made more annoying because you have to check your map instead of just looking at the Pokétch.

Now the only legie I have remaining in the game to catch is Rayquaza, who I'll try to catch tomorrow night or Monday sometime when I can get my hands on my brother's Groudon.

Aside from Rayquaza I'm not sure what I have left to do other than battle, catch and train. I'm gonna be fighting every Gym Leader tomorrow hopefully, and then I'll spend the rest of my living days customizing the Safari Zone.

Team:

Lv 64 Gardevoir

Lv 59 Ampharos (Artery)

Lv 58 Tyranitar (DEODUDE)

Lv 52 Lapras (LEPPER)

Lv 50 Typhlosion

Lv 41 Pidgeot (SNIDGE)

PS. Poochyena swarm today :3

PPS. It's Sunday, so everyone (with the GB Sounds) put on your Radio and NOSTALGIA AWAY!

There's a bunch of 8-Bit music you can only hear with this radio program, like the Rocket battle music or the credits and stuffffff.

Edited by DreadSuperChuckles

Why's it so hard to find a Pikachu? I read that they were common in Viridian Forest, and I remember them being there in the originals, but I've been searching for a while and all I can find is Caterpies and Pidgeys and shit.

Why's it so hard to find a Pikachu? I read that they were common in Viridian Forest, and I remember them being there in the originals, but I've been searching for a while and all I can find is Caterpies and Pidgeys and shit.

I don't know who you got that from, but Pikachu have always been especially rare in Viridian Forest from as far back as R/B. :/

Just download Yellow Forest for your PokeWalker.

Just download Yellow Forest for your PokeWalker

Doesn't that require a Wi-Fi connection? I can't get my DS connected.

Guess I just gotta keep searching...

You could always try connecting from your local GameStop or pretty much any game retailer. They have Wi-Fi stations I believe, or I might mix that up with Download Stations.

Edited by Columind

Oh, well, Pikachu only has a 5% chance of being found in Viridian Forest as a little tip. There really isn't much you can do except keep looking.

Use a Pokémon with Static in your party. You'll be tripping over those little rats.

FUCKING HATE BATTLE TOWER

Everything always happens so conviently for my opponents, a fucking Purugly had two critical hits and two uses of quick claw in a row OHKOing my Weavile and Gallade then it uses Dig Tyranitar on my whose Super Power missed twice while it was surfaced and bam, MY ENTIRE EV TRAINED TOWER TEAM IS KILLED BY PURUGLY WHO DIDNT EVEN GET HIT ONCE.

Fuck sake.

This is from a page ago, but I don't care. The exact same thing happened to me, Purugly and all, in the Battle Factory. I had a damn Hitmonlee; that shouldn't be possible!

I must admit I'm a little baffled by Pikachu's rarity. For the franchise's mascot species, they're rather rare... not that I'm complaining, but with any other series I'd expect to be tripping over the things left right and centre.

Edited by Octarine

Probably makes people want to get it more than they would if it was as common as ZUBATZUBATZUBATZUBAT.

And yeah, that same Purugly killed me in Battle Tower the other day. Oh joy ~

Puruglys are skanky bitches and an abomination to the Pokemon species, >(. I hate that thing, it's dumb, D=<.

As for my progress, I'm still not even to the Elite Four, XD. I've just been so interested in God of War and ASR, that I never feel like playing SS. I'm really only interested in getting my "dream team" all level to 100 with all the moves and shizz that I want, and then I'll probably be done with this game sadly.

-Blur