Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

Totodile looks awesome!

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Totodile is my favourite Pokémon, and this new artwork makes me love him more than before. Chikorita looks great (cute) too, as does Cyndaquil! *twitch* must... buy... both... in Japanese *twitch*

Not sure what I think about the starter following thing.... it would be EXCELLENT, but would they still do it after evolving? Or maybe they only do it at the beginning of the game?

Looking forward to more. Currently /v/ is full of people trolling that rumoured DSi Camera feature implies DSi exclusive, which would make me very angry, but probably isn't true.

Wow, now that is amazing....I just hope their evolutions look as great when they follow you.

Edited by Shade737

WHO DOESN'T?

It's a wonderful, fun, cute and seemingly pointless addition. It made sense in Yellow (and the anime), so I wonder what the reason will be here. I'm just so thrilled it's there again. I really did not expect it at all.

Edited by Blue Blood

I was just about to post that, Shade. New Bark Town's musicfully redone in D/P style is kool. I have to hear more though before I can pass judgement, because I generally didn't like the music style in those games.

EDIT: They clearly have bugs to iron out, even in this iddy-bitty clip. Chikorita doesn't stop walking when the player is still!

Edited by Blue Blood

I'm thinking the starters might only follow you for their first evos. Wouldn't Feraligatr only taking up one square tile look a bit odd to you? Especially after the size ratio in the Ranger games.

Wow, I sure hope they expand it to any Pokemon in your party, though I doubt it. I'm not even sure if they'd follow you after they fully evolve.

And never have I loved the look of the main character, especially now. I'm loving that hat.

I'm liking those teeny little touches, like seeing the wind cut through the sky.

@ Blue Blood

Sorry for stealing your thunder :P

I remember Ash saying "New Bark Town...where the winds of new beginnings blow."

Edited by Shade737

I'm not even sure if they'd follow you after they fully evolve.

It might depend on the size, and they might decide that since we're viewing from a far off perspective that one tile will fit most sizes, though if not they might use an extended tile like for surfing.

Wind, windmills and lamp-posts added. Yeah, this is more of a step up that Fr/Lg were it really seems. Purely beatiful.

About evolved startes following you... I think they will. We've seen overworld sprites of plently of large Pokemon before that take up only a tile (though in these games and DPPt cases they can be slightly larger and get away with it). Heck, the man that gives you surf in the Kimono Girls' place has a Feraligatr with him that sits outside of it's ball.

EDIT: @ Shade: I will never ever forgive you.

EDIT 10289032: Fuck, my typing sucks normally. When I'm this tired it's simply horrid. Sorry, guys.

Edited by Blue Blood

Yeah, but in Yellow, if you ever evolve Pikachu he won't follow you anymore as a Raichu.

And in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, it's helpful to note that each pokemon takes up a certain amount of tiles. Many of them have the size of '1 tile'. I'm unsure if this will indicate anything, but it's a nice theory it this goes toward that routine.

Yeah, but in Yellow, if you ever evolve Pikachu he won't follow you anymore as a Raichu.

And in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, it's helpful to note that each pokemon takes up a certain amount of tiles. Many of them have the size of '1 tile'. I'm unsure if this will indicate anything, but it's a nice theory it this goes toward that routine.

Part of the point of Pikachu in Yellow was that it was supposed to be like the anime, wherein Ash's Pikachu will not evolve. I hope (and expect) you can take evolved ones with you.

Ten years of advancement have occurred between then and now, plus Platinum has an area where Pokemon can follow you around - I've seen a Torterra follow someone around in there and it only took up one square.

I don't think there's any reason for them not to have the evos fallow you =/

1241831013053.png

Taken with a pinch of salt.

Now what is the meaning of this? :huh: