Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

I know proportions in games are never too important, but I still think Ridley would have looked weird in Brawl.

I also think a 1 space Wailord would look a little odd. Just a little.

OK, let's look at more evidence.

In all 3rd/4th gen games, tiny Pokémon, including Diglett, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, etc, all take up ONE space, regardless of how tiny they are, on their map sprites.

Huge Pokémon always take up multiple spaces.

The Pokémon Company do care, pretty obviously, otherwise they would have just kept Lugia and Ho-Oh to single space sprites in FR/LG, rather than making them HUUUGE.

It's perfectly possible that the DS has enough space for all of them, but do you honestly think the Pokémon Company will allow more than a few Pokémon to leave their balls? Seriously?

So they have a Lugia in the game at it's correct size, but then you have Digglets and Chikoritas as big as you?

Contradiction city I say.

And hey, we can take this to your Ho-Oh/Lugia arguments doorstep. Example:

frlg2.png

This is the Lugia from Fire Red and Leaf Green you keep talking about correct? Well, it doesn't look much bigger than the trainer to me, as you can all see, but I'll entertain this even further.

IMG00096.jpg

Anyone else see a problem with these two photos?

Please just accept the fact that size does not matter, and is irrelevant, because it will always be inaccurate, they will just squeeze all Pokemon into one square, regardless of size.

It is possible for them to make all Pokemon follow you in the overworld. Easily possible. And with this evidence, it very well may be what is done. I'm not making any guarantees, but it damn sure can't be ruled out.

-Iceman

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally I think Ditto would accurately imitate its "partner" for when "making eggs". I don't see why the baby would end up with a Ditto face.

The only Ditto that did that was Duplica's Defective Ditto. And that's some awesome alliteration right there.

Don't forget the Bulbasaurs in Pokemon Snap.

Edited by Lando The Bat

Don't forget the Bulbasaurs in Pokemon Snap.

Ditto-faced babies would be a total downer for so many fans, because Ditto is primarily used for breeding and we may not want a party full of ._. . I really doubt that would happen.

So they have a Lugia in the game at it's correct size, but then you have Digglets and Chikoritas as big as you?

Contradiction city I say.

It sure is, doesn't mean it's not true now does it?

It is possible for them to make all Pokemon follow you in the overworld. Easily possible. And with this evidence, it very well may be what is done. I'm not making any guarantees, but it damn sure can't be ruled out.

OK, I'm going to cling at straws here and say again that Wailord taking up one space will look plain stupid.

I'm also going to say that the only Pokémon that will follow you outside of its ball will be starters and maybe other mascot like Pokémon. Anything beyond that is overly optimistic and I never expect The Pokémon Company to go the extra mile, because although I love Pokémon to bits, they never do.

It sure is, doesn't mean it's not true now does it?

OK, I'm going to cling at straws here and say again that Wailord taking up one space will look plain stupid.

I'm also going to say that the only Pokémon that will follow you outside of its ball will be starters and maybe other mascot like Pokémon. Anything beyond that is overly optimistic and I never expect The Pokémon Company to go the extra mile, because although I love Pokémon to bits, they never do.

You're absolutely right. That may just be the sad truth in all of this, but hey, we can all hope that maybe they decided to do the fans a great service instead of being half-assed about it...

-Iceman

Ditto-faced babies would be a total downer for so many fans, because Ditto is primarily used for breeding and we may not want a party full of ._. . I really doubt that would happen.

I still think Groudon+Ditto Face=PURE WIN!

AIM FOR THE HORN!(Electric types WORK on ground? WTF! In the anime)

63-ditto-pikachu.jpg

chill out newbie i didnt mean to offend. translate if you would.

I've been around these forums much longer than you probably have (I think around 2005), I just didn't sign up immediately after the new forums opened.

I don't really see what the big deal about having pokemon follow you is, its not really gameplay affecting. In fact I think the ability to change your pokemon's physical traits through breeding is much more interesting.

Although it'd be nice if Game Freak made sprites for every pokemon to follow you.

It's not likely to happen, but I would like to see legendaries following you around. It'd just seem strange.

Starters and Mascots make more sense, as one's more likely to bond with them more so, plus one's more likely to wake about with a smaller Poke more so. Like a man with a dog or cat more so than a man with a lion or elephant, if that makes sense. And of course, I know for a fact that animating 493x3x4 frames would be more than enough.

And with the breeding thing, I'd think if there to be were more to the aesthetics thing in breeding. More so cos I know that every Pokemon game does something regarding special moves, forms, stats and all that to improve stratergies and normal gameplay.

Either way, I'm expecting some new moves/forms/stat changes to help with current gameplay stratergies.

Yeah, I reckon they will limit it to only having Starter Pokemon follow you, and some others. Legendaries and HUGE Pokemon would look a bit odd. XD

But hey, it's still cool. And that Breeding thing sounds awesome too! ^w^

First information from Coro Coro is out. It seems to be surprisingly light on information, and pictures are too follow:

Japanese Release: 11th September 2009

The screenshots include a map of Johto which has been expanded to include the Pokémon League.

More WiFi features that D/P/P

The Skateboard is returning!

The Johto map is probably nothing more than a way of making the game's final destination more obvious to the player, so there is no reason to over-react and scream "NO KANTO! NO SALE!" just yet. Also, what the hell was the Skateboard?

Fine, I'll go look for it then...

In 1997, Nintendo announced the first details of the next generation of Pocket Monsters games, to be titled Pocket Monsters 2: Gold and Silver. The games were intended to be released at the end of the year for both Game Boy and Super Game Boy.

One of the many additions promised, notably, was a skateboard that could be used in addition to the Bicycle of the previous games and would allow users to travel to "unusual places". Though this never made the final cut, other things announced, such as the real-time clock, 100 new Pokémon, including new evolutions of old Pokémon, new TMs and HMs containing new moves were included. The trading and communication abilities of the games were also to be improved, and backward compatibility with the Generation I games was also announced.

I see...

So the skateboard is just a Mach Bike basically? As for that rough-eared Pichu, I had a look through a list of Pokemon and it looks like the offspring of Pikachu/Raichu and Delcatty.

From CoroCoro:

trainerz.png

We, they didn't use the Crystal design for the girl. She is simlarish tohugh. Currently looking for more pics.

Actually, to me the fact the the Pok

Edited by Blue Blood

Fuck. I'm raging now. Ignore me for a bit.

Why the fuck did they replace Kris?! I just knew they would >.< What exactly are they going to call this new girl anyway? Soul?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU

I prefer Kris cause she had blue hair. But honestly, I don't see why she got replaced. She was in the the 2nd gen as a playable character, just not in Gold and Silver. It's not the biggest problem though for me though, cause I don't think I've ever chosen the female starter. Red is classic; Gold is the coolest and Kris is just okay; Brendan is ugly but May is Fugly and then Lucas is just awesome whereas Dawn is only almost awesome.

She got replaced because that's what Game Freak decided to do. That's all there is to it.

I disagree with you a lot there :P

Red: Awesome

Leaf: Kinda cool

Gold: Awesome

Kris: Blue hair T-T

Brendan: Hanky hat, pretty cool

May: Awesome

Lucas: Beret?

Dawn: Almost awesome

New girl: Insane hat MKIII (she sucks)

I miss Kris already. I wanna know why she was replaced :/ Man am I gonna miss that blue hair...

^They didn't replace Red or Gold, why Kris?^

Edited by SuperLink

Well, it's updating Gold and Silver with new featires, not updating Gold and Silver with the content of later releases. Does that make sense? Kris wasn't an update, she was new. Either way, GF replaced cause they did.

Well, it's updating Gold and Silver with new featires, not updating Gold and Silver with the content of later releases. Does that make sense? Kris wasn't an update, she was new. Either way, GF replaced cause they did.

Yeah... that reason sucks. It's probably more along the lines of "This is Gold/Silver, not Crystal", which is still a stupid reason since Kris has many fans. Kris was the female of GSC, Gold was still playable in Crystal wasn't he? Infact a girl (Green) was meant to be playable in the original RGBY, and Leaf actually looks kinda similar to her.

I posted the pic up on /v/ and they're even more angry than me!

They replaced Crystal? Oh whhaaaaaaaaat? Why? Is it because they have no plans to remake the game she first appeared in? Bah. Ah well, at least the Pokemon Special manga will have an excuse to add a new main character and hopefully have some interesting story arc, I guess. :\

As for the starter following thing, it isn't apparently in just New Bark Town, so yay!

Skateboard may actually be useable, ya say? Seems like GameFreak may be bringing out some old ideas that couldn't be in the original games (maybe this new female is also based on an older design they couldn't put in GS?).

Edited by gunthetra

From NeoGaf:

-Three new Wi-Fi minigames?

-Starter may not be the only Pokemon that follows you, Pokemon follow you even after the beginning of the game.

-The new Lugia art is AWESOME, new stock art for Ho-Oh, Wobbuffet, Chinchou, Sentret, Mareep, Gligar, Dunsparce, Hopip, Wooper, Delibird, Larvitar, Miltank, Blissey, Stantler, Phanpy, Remoraid, Octillery, Qwilfish, Slugma, Swinub, and Teddiursa

-New female playable character, NOT Crystal

-PokeGear has gotten a re-design, appears to have a camera

-Slowpoke Well and Sprout Tower return with new looks

-There is a skateboard?

-Confirmation of the different Pichus in game, are both part of an event in Ilex Forest

-September 11th Release Date

-Kanto return is hinted at (DUH)

-Wi-fi features expanded

Hmm, awaiting scanage! If these are DSi exclusive with the camera, I'll be so pissed. I'm buying one this summer, but it'll piss me off because of all the other fans who don't own one.

Edited by Blue Blood

1242140654639.jpg

There's notched ear Pichu. Notice that Gold isn't being followed by a Pokémon in that screenshot.

Edited by SuperLink