Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

Ugh *facepalm* how silly of me, I always get all 3 D:

Having a brother getting the game at the same time as me FTW :P

These make sense to help a (slightly) flagging DS in Japan. Though the handheld is doing so well in the west, I wonder if we'll even get these two. It'll certainly be a while before we see a western release, I reckon, particularly as Platinum hasn't even arrived in PAL-land yet.

These make sense to help a (slightly) flagging DS in Japan. Though the handheld is doing so well in the west, I wonder if we'll even get these two. It'll certainly be a while before we see a western release, I reckon, particularly as Platinum hasn't even arrived in PAL-land yet.

Pokémon Emerald

US release: May 2005

EU release: October 2005

Compared to that, Platinum's coming to Europe very fast indeed. Do you honestly think there's such thing as a Pokémon game that won't be released worldwide if they can possibly help it? D: I say Spring 2010, that's how long it took US to get Platinum.

Well screw you guys, I'm going against my heartless nature and getting Heart Gold, hopefully Kanto will still be intact.

Who ever changed the title. Thanks.

This is FUCKING AWESOME! Getting both :D.

Ok, now I'm ready to spunk in my pants. Soul Silver for me, Chikorita as my starter for nostalgia purposes despite the fact I like Totodile so much more these days -_-. Those logos are stunning, I hope we get similar logos in the US and UK not the usual Pokemon logo + title in black and white underneath :(

Hehe, finally confimed. Gonna use Cyndaquil for nostalgia, that and there will probably be almost no fire types in the game to use as per usual.

Also Heart Gold is a terrible name, Soul Sliver is slightly better. Also getting the latter, due to nostalgia, again :P

Think we know which version's gonna get better sales. Not to mention Silver is a much less tacky colour compared to Gold ;)

Funny, cause I'm sure the original Gold was the more popular of the two. I'll be getting me a copy fo both in Japanese though, and possibly an English (well, American cause I'm inpatient) version of one of them. Unless they utilize DSi features at all? I dunno the ins and outs of that anyway.

The names Heart Gold and Soul Silver are far better than any fan names I've heard of, from Shiny Gold to Dawn Silver. Bah.

Heart Gold and Soul Silver, eh? I was expecting them to be called Sun Gold and Moon Silver, seeing as the day/night feature was first implemented in them, but Heart and Soul still sound good. :P

I'm hyped for Platinum and I'm hyped even more for these. Gold and Silver were by far my favourite Pokemon games so the chance to replay them with better graphics and more features is one I will jump at.

As long as they keep it basically the same as the originals (including Kanto, that was one of the main reasons the originals were so great), Heart Gold and Soul Silver should be a hit.

I'll definitely be picking Totodile as my starter in one of them, the other I can't decide on... Cyndaquil has better evolutions but Chikorita is damn awesome to begin with... *goes off to contemplate the matter*

Is it just me or does Soul Silver's logo looks like Lugia?

Yep, and Heart Gold is the wings of Ho-Oh, shaped like a heart. Interesting design choice. Too bad Lugia doesn't look like a... soul.

Edited by Badnikz

Fuck yeah!

I'm totally getting Heart Gold and starting off with Cyndaquill! I can't wait to see screens and gameplay videos of this game!

Edited by Kevin

I'll get them both :D Though I might lean towards giving Soul Silver priority when it comes to play. And I'm not going to break my tradition of always choosing grass type starters, so it'll be Chikorita for me.

High possibility of forgotten moves teacher who lusts after Heart Scales aside, I do wonder if they'll have both Ho-Oh and Lugia at lv 40 or lv 70. The thing about those two is that Ho-Oh would be lv 40 in Gold and lv 70 in Silver, whilst Lugia would be lv 40 in Silver and lv 70 in Gold. In the old Gold and Silver, this meant that if the bird was at lv 70, it would not know it's signature move (Aeroblast or Sacred Fire) and there was no way to teach it. HOWEVER, the level at which they learned these moves was changed between generations. And if Heart Gold and Soul Silver are compatible with Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, which is practically totally guaranteed, there's no issue with trading them to those games and teaching them there through the forgotten moves tutor.

Nevertheless, it inspires thought as to whether or not Ho-Oh and Lugia learn Sacred Fire/Aeroblast at earlier levels than in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

This news totally made my week. I felt like shouting when I heard it last night. :)

Soul Silver shall be the one I intend to get. As I believe I stated before, now I like Cyndaquil's final form more than the other gen 2 starters', but I'll just pick Chikorita for old times sake and maybe pick Cyndaquil if I somehow get HeartGold.

Now that's what I call proof. ;) No doubt I'll inevitably end up buying one of them, or maybe I'll wait to see if they do a third version.

They didn't make a new Blue and/or Yellow to go with FR and LG, so there is pretty much zero chance of a Crystal remake happening. : [

Edited by gunthetra

Which is all for the better, I get tired of this multi-version hassle.

Anyway, good news.

Fuck yeah more pok�mon awesomeness cannot wait. No idea which I'm gonna get, I'll wait until I get to see a list of version exclusives and see if there's any pok�s I really want in my team. If both are moot in that respect, I'll go with a whim or availability.

Of course, true men decide which version they're gonna get by choosing the one with a cooler pok�mon on the cover.

Hmm. This'll be the first ever pok�mon game where I won't have a goal of trying to genuinely catch them all after I've completed the plot (Diamond's my bitch in that respect). Shall be interesting to see how I'll develop my end game now.

Ditto!

I totally had a "Hallelujah" moment when I saw those logos.

Aw man this is so flunking awesome. Particularly the logos. Can't wait to bring revival to again to my favorite starter type Cyndaquil. It's been a long time since I've had a Cyndaquil and even longer since my old carts broke.

As for the titles, while the Heart and Soul are a little out there in relation to the name types, they totally have a lot more "umph" then the other ones I've heard and the logos are nothing short of badass.

Did I mention how awesome the logos are?

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

Hot Dog! I know what I'm buying next year on the DS. Most likely getting the Heart Gold Version (Ho-oh all the way!)

The only new things I can expect will be updated character designs, inclusion of the female character, few new locations, and probably one or two new features not present in other games. May not be much, then again, I did want to play Gold/Silver again after reading Pokemon Special. Might as well make it the game with the revamped game mechanics (I can't get used to the old one after playing with the new ones)

Completely forgot about that. Am wondering what the female character will look like.

Good news indeed.

Has the new Wii game been confirmed yet?

WiiWillRockYou, a worker of Nintendos translater team, Treehouse, confirmed the Wii game along with Heart Gold & Soul Silver. Look on the 1st page somewhere.

Also, the sales will be OVER 9000!!!(crushes Scouter)

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

I'm totally playing Crystal again. I haven't played it in forever, since my damn batteries all broke. Have to go ROM. :|

I will not be satisfied until Team Rocket makes a cameo appearance.

Team Rocket was in the original Gold/Silver though... unless you mean Jessie and James. Then I doubt you will be satisfied.