Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

It's time for more hype! The guy on NeoGAF who broke the news about the remakes has revealed the game's "never before seen in the series" feature, and it's a pretty good one. It's spoilered so I can't be held responsible if it turns out to be false. :P

The game is going to have new additions to the gender and breeding portions of the game. An example of these has actually already been revealed to the the public though many people don't realize what it means:

pichu.png

Certain Pokemon will gain new looks based on their parents and while I don't know any specifics right now, I know it's going to be very in-depth.

Honestly, though, that is IT. That is the bottom of the barrel. I have no more information on the game or its release or anything else. I have told you all EVERYTHING I know.

From what I know, which is now what GAF knows, yes.

Amazing if true.

Seconded. Breeding for shinies is fun (even if I've never got a shiny egg other than Crystal's odd egg), but breeding for specific looks sounds a thousand times better. Though, I'm sure it would be higly limited in terms of these 'special babies'. I really do hope it's true.

Though, I'm sure it would be higly limited in terms of these 'special babies'.

I can only see it being limited in terms of what can breed with what, to be honest, and although some Pokémon belong to large breeding pools it really isn't as if you have to design 490-odd looks for each Pokémon is it? Although, it'd be really cool (for the obsessed fans) if, like moves, you can breed looks across multiple generations and egg groups, to give that Pikachu the quiff your Chimchar has. Still, even without that it's gonna be quite in depth. You can't half-arse something like this, it's all or nothing.

I'm skeptical of what I hear until a confirmation from an offical source. The new issue of Coro Coro is suppoosed to be out this week, and it'll have more info on the game.

I'm skeptical of what I hear until a confirmation from an offical source. The new issue of Coro Coro is suppoosed to be out this week, and it'll have more info on the game.

May the 15th sepcifically. If the same happens as with the revelation of Pochama, Naetoru and Hikozaru (cause that's how we knew them at the time) then it could be leaked a couple of days early. Would anyone here complain?

On the topic of pokemon taking after their parents...

I really hope Ditto doesn't pass on any traits... especially that stupid face.

Methinks Ditto will be the same as pairing a Pokémon up with another of its own species.

You're obviously young, judging by your perception of 2D gaming, but back in the day us old codgers had 2D games where you could indeed move in more then the cardinal four directions.

2D is not the reason for the 4 way movement, it is a deliberate design choice.

Oh im young all right(13), but I adore 2D games as much as 3D(Thank you Nintendo).

Also, I can't believe that Pichu in the 12th movie is part of the new feature in HG/SS.

I hope it does. Dittoface is awesome on just about anything.

Snap 2 would be epic

Agreed <3

I'm definetly looking forward to getting my mitts on Heart Gold =)

On the topic of pokemon taking after their parents...

LOL!

Edited by HelenBaby

There some info here if anybody can translate Brazillian. Take it with a grain of salt:

Heart Gold / Soul Silver Info.

Rumor is that red gyarados is UNcatchable and there trying to get rid of the requirements of the GBA games by using that shitty DSi-only feature.

Oh my fucking god... WE SPEAK FUCKING PORTUGUESE NOT "BRAZILIAN" GEEZUZ.

Now I'm to pissed to attempt to translate. <_<

I hope it does. Dittoface is awesome on just about anything.

63-ditto-pikachu.jpg

Oh my fucking god... WE SPEAK FUCKING PORTUGUESE NOT "BRAZILIAN" GEEZUZ.

Now I'm to pissed to attempt to translate. <_<

chill out newbie i didnt mean to offend. translate if you would.

chill out newbie i didnt mean to offend. translate if you would.

I hate it when people call other people newbies, so out of anger I'm gonna say he's using better grammar than you are. Oh, and he only joined a day after you did. So please...

Personally I think Ditto would accurately imitate its "partner" for when "making eggs". I don't see why the baby would end up with a Ditto face.

The only Ditto that did that was Duplica's Defective Ditto. And that's some awesome alliteration right there.

Hopefully the follow-along PKMN will be one of your choice, not just the starter and not just the first one in your party. It wouldn't be difficult to code the manual selection of follow-on PKMN, just add it to the Party Menu alongside the Item option. Platinum has already proven that, regardless of size, they all fit comfortable on one tile.

I'm liking those teeny little touches, like seeing the wind cut through the sky.

That has to be a weather condition. I looked up one wind-attiributed move in Bulbapedia and out came Flying-type Tailwind! Ups speed for three turns, so it being a weather condition in HGSS MUST be a weather condition. And hopefully, there will be voice chat over the Pokegears, so yeah.

I don't think so, RR-Sama. The exact same wind effects exist in D/P/Pt at the Valley Windworks and likely at a few other places.

The only reaso I can see them not letting you choose which Pokemon follows you is the number of (small, I know) sprites. They'd have to make loads. Then again, having a Wailord tail you through a cute place like Azalea Town would be hillarious!

The only reason I can see them not letting you choose which Pokemon follows you is the number of (small, I know) sprites. They'd have to make loads.

Any developer who doesn't do something because "they'd have to make loads of sprites" is lazy beyond imagining.

Yeah, this proved true with Emerald, Diamond and Pearl. The didn't make full animations as with Crystal, but instead did two frames + distortion. It looks like the Pok

Edited by Blue Blood

To be honest I don't see why they'd allow ANY Pokémon to follow you other than merely for aesthetical purposes. There's probably a reason for the starter doing that.

I think if they were going to do it with more than starters, it'd be cute "mascotlike" Pokémon.

I want my Raichu following me around and nobody's gonna stop me! Everyone who plays Pokémon has a handful of overall favourites, based on looks or usefulness or whatever. I want my favourites to have the chance to follow me around. Why would would deny me that? Why? Why would would deny me that?