Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

All 4 regions in one game. Take it with a grain of salt.

Theres no point, its quite blatantly not true. Anyone who can use MSPaint to a decent degree of skill could mock that up. Plus if this is a GS remake why are half the Johto and Kanto areas missing, what I'm presuming is New Bark Town doesn't even link to Cherry Grove...

There some info here if anybody can translate Brazillian. Take it with a grain of salt:

Heart Gold / Soul Silver Info.

Rumor is that red gyarados is UNcatchable and there trying to get rid of the requirements of the GBA games by using that shitty DSi-only feature.

Edited by goku262002

By the way, I spot Silver in the screens. Awesome.

Edit: Also, there's only one thing that can describe my reaction to this news...

shityes.png

(Double K is awesome.)

Edited by Soma Cruz

From what I can translate with an online translator, Kanto will be in the game although slightly altered, and get this, it mentions both Mewtwo and the Cerulean Cave being accessible, as well as the Battle Frontier. Also, the legendary bird trio and the Safari Zone are also mentioned.

EDIT: Using a better translator, it says the story is slightly different, one difference being that you can't catch the Red Gyarados, whether this means not catching it as part of the story, or not at all is not mentioned.

And finally, it mentions that there might be an event Celebi along with Deoxys and Mew. And another piece may suggest that the Hoenn starters/a starter will be given to you by the Professor, possibly after you reach the Battle Frontier

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

Well that stinks. Im pretty upset. Red Garados was the one shiny you were gaurenteed to get. Now pretty you pretty much have no chance of getting a shiny unless you are a dirty dirty cheating hacker.

I am pretty glad that you can get your pokemon to follow you. Now I definitely have to think carefully before actually choosing my starter

Edited by Lando The Bat

I can't help but have a feeling that the starter following thing won't last the whole game, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. I've been wanting that feature to return ever since Yellow.

Wait, they're changing the Red Gyarados event? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Edited by gunthetra

Wait... They're making a G/S without the red Gyarados!?! That was a key plot in the game! And it popped up in D/P/P too.

WTF are they thinking? *Shoots myself*

I might as well start out with Totodile yet again.

Wait... They're making a G/S without the red Gyarados!?! That was a key plot in the game! And it popped up in D/P/P too.

Red Gyarados is still there. You just can't catch it.

Thats probably the reason why it cant be catched now in HG/SS because it was in D/P/P. this makes me :( i loved my red gyarados.

Thats probably the reason why it cant be catched now in HG/SS because it was in D/P/P. this makes me :( i loved my red gyarados.

It was in D/P/P?! Where? I thought it was just merely referenced in the beginning of the game...

Great, a Pokemon following. This will be jack pot for me, as I am not so into new games. I guess Nintendo haves feelings for us who liked when you could actually memories all Pokemon's and when the story had a sense. So which to choose, cyndaquil, totodile or chikorita :).

How reliable is that info? Is it on any official website or anything?

Personally not too bothered about Red Gyarados, as long as it's still SEEable. Fuck I want this game badly. *waits a year*

From what I can translate with an online translator, Kanto will be in the game although slightly altered, and get this, it mentions both Mewtwo and the Cerulean Cave being accessible, as well as the Battle Frontier. Also, the legendary bird trio and the Safari Zone are also mentioned.

EDIT: Using a better translator, it says the story is slightly different, one difference being that you can't catch the Red Gyarados, whether this means not catching it as part of the story, or not at all is not mentioned.

And finally, it mentions that there might be an event Celebi along with Deoxys and Mew. And another piece may suggest that the Hoenn starters/a starter will be given to you by the Professor, possibly after you reach the Battle Frontier

Yeah I sincerly doubt any of this is true, until I hear it from an official source I'm not believing anything I hear about this game. These rumours happen with every Pokemon game...

Does anybody know if it's true that only Platinum will be able to link up to HG/SS, or is that purely for the new Wii game?

I'm pretty sure the new Wii game is just a rumour, and also the Platinum extras probably just related to Shaymin and Giratina's alt forms.

Yeah, DO NOT trust that Brazillian information. Why? The screenshots posted along with the information are fake.

Pokemon Co aren't stupid to get rid of the catchable Red Gyrados or use the DSi(Pal Park), so thats a 95% chance the info is fake.

Blue Blood:Also, only the 1st pic is real(The artwork and all) The Poke Watch pic is fake.

^ Because its in 2D, in XD & Colloseum you can move in all 8 directions, but thats because its in 3D.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Any particular reason why we're still unable to move diagonally after 14 years?
The way grass works, particularly when chaining pokes for a shiny.

D/P/P and HG/SS are both in 3D, as evidenced by the irrefutable fact that they are in 3D. Just because the viewpoint is still top down, doesn't mean the devs should be lazy.

Ashurbanipal:It is in 2D, the 1st game was in 2D even. The graphics are in 3D, but the gameplay is in 2D.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Personally not sure how catching shinies would work in 3D now I think about it o.0;

Ashurbanipal:It is in 2D, the 1st game was in 2D even. The graphics are in 3D, but the gameplay is in 2D.
You're obviously young, judging by your perception of 2D gaming, but back in the day us old codgers had 2D games where you could indeed move in more then the cardinal four directions.

2D is not the reason for the 4 way movement, it is a deliberate design choice.

Pokemon Co aren't stupid to get rid of the catchable Red Gyrados or use the DSi(Pal Park), so thats a 95% chance the info is fake.

Blue Blood:Also, only the 1st pic is real(The artwork and all) The Poke Watch pic is fake.

^ Because its in 2D, in XD & Colloseum you can move in all 8 directions, but thats because its in 3D.

Yeah, that's what I mean. The PokeGear pictures are fake-tastic.

I don't understand the big comotion following the lack of 8-way movment. It's not a big deal, is it? Lime Remy says, it's a design choice.

Edited by Blue Blood

I think it's less of a big deal than it was at one point. The 3D environments make it feel less static and running shoes are helpful.

A lot of 4 way games feel weird to play though, especially with advanced graphics. FFVI for example.