Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

Early on I was wondering why Orre hadn't been in the anime ever.

I mean they made a whole filler arc out of made up islands... and then another arc based on the Battle Frontier! The Battle Frontier! all that time wasting and no time for Orre?

I wanted to see Lovrina in the anime D:

I once had a Crystal game with a lvl 100 starter and and the rest of the party between lvl 98-70. Though it wasn't really me, I got it from someone else.

What I DID do however was train a whole six party team to lvl 100 in Sapphire..... took FOREVER and a whole lot of Elite Four runs! At least now I can put them to better use in Platinum once I got them from the Pal Park.

It's actually faster to train in LeafGreen/FireRed (IMO) because the Elite Four's levels change after you beat them the first time. Ruby and Sapphire's stay easy.

I did the same with my LeafGreen game, I have eight lvl. 100s (actually, 7 because I traded one for a Jirachi). Most are Ubers, because I knew I wasn't going to be using them in tournaments.

I have way, way too much time on my hands.

Oh yay! I've been waiting for ages for a G/S/C remake~ TwT And it's on DS too! I never played the originals, so I'm definitely looking forward to this one!

Starter Pokemon of choice will be Cyndaquil. Echidna. ;3

Is Cyndaquil based on an echidna? lol, it's got fire powers just like Knuckles has.

I always thought it was based on a porcupine, because a porcupine has quills (Cyndaquil). But when I formed my opinion on that, I didn't know that an echidna was a real animal, and I really didn't think about it afterwards.

EDIT: Confirms the fact that Cyndaquil is an echinda on Wikipedia. Then again, it is Wikipedia, and anyone can edit it, but I haven't failed a project because of Wikipedia yet. So I'll trust it for now.

Edited by OvErLoRd

I think I'd pick Chikorita. Or maybe Totodile.

I really love Charmander, Torchic, and Chimchar, but I just don't like Cyndaquill... but it's evos are cool though. x3

I think this time around I'll just close my eyes and pick one at random. xD

either way, I can't wait.

Is Cyndaquil based on an echidna? lol, it's got fire powers just like Knuckles has.

cyndaquil.jpg

echidna-flickr.jpg

I'm pretty sure it is. Look, same long snout.

While there's no source, both Wikipedia and Bulbapedia say Cyndaquil is based on an echidna. I don't see any reason to doubt that anyway.

While there's no source, both Wikipedia and Bulbapedia say Cyndaquil is based on an echidna. I don't see any reason to doubt that anyway.

If Bulbapedia says it, its true.

If Bulbapedia says it, its true.

That's what I thought :lol: Though I still wonder if there's any real proof other than aesthetical similarities. :unsure:

That's what I thought :lol: Though I still wonder if there's any real proof other than aesthetical similarities. :unsure:

Naw, everything about Cyndaquil's design is from an Echidna.

Knuckles & Him are Bros :P.

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

Naw, everything about Cyndaquil's design is from an Echidna.

Knuckles & Him are Bros :P.

lol. maybe if I get Cyndaquill I might name him Knuckles. xDDDD

I hope Cyndaquil didn't inherit the stupid gene. If he did then it's his fault Ash didn't win the Johto League. >=[

I still love the series, and remakes on the DS? FANTASTIC! I don't have the old ones anymore, so I'll happily buy them n__n

I hope Cyndaquil didn't inherit the stupid gene. If he did then it's his fault Ash didn't win the Johto League. >=[

Maybe this is why he couldn't use Flamethrower at first.

I always presumed it was as they look so similar. Most pokemon are based off other things, especially animals. Though the latest ones look like robots to me.

It's a robot?!

lol the others are ones I've just seen in promotional art, don't know names cos I haven't played pearl or diamond and I'm rubbish at remembering names apart from my favourites, I'm waiting for Platinum to be released (22nd May!)

Edited by Mollfie

I see what you mean by "robot"... but to me, Palkia still looks more like a creature with armor on rather than a robot.

It's hard for me to associate Pokemon with robots, though, unless someone mentions Team Rocket. That's the only way I can see a robot fitting in with the series.

Edited by OvErLoRd

It's probably just me XD

I don't like the design of Palkia anyway, too clunky looking to me, but I do like the look of the other one from Diamond. Anyway I've taken this off topic!

If these remakes do happen, I think I'll pick Chirkorita, since it was my first Pokemon and all. I may just pickpick Cyndaquil since I like it's final form more than the other Johto starters', but then that feeling of nostalgia won't be at its fullest potential. D:

It's a robot?!

lol the others are ones I've just seen in promotional art, don't know names cos I haven't played pearl or diamond and I'm rubbish at remembering names apart from my favourites, I'm waiting for Platinum to be released (22nd May!)

Palkia is obviously a penis dragon, silly.

Actually, the first time my uncle saw Meganium, specifically the battle sprite, he thought it looked rather like a man's privates.

Fuck yeah!

I've been waiting for this forever, so I really hope it does turn out to be a remake of Gold and Silver, <3. It's the game that really got me into Pokemon, and I really love a lot of the Pokemon from that generation. Plus, I'm very excited to once again complete the giant epic story of 16 badges, 8D. I just really hope they do include Kanto in it still. I don't see why not, but I just really hope they don't cut it short and only have Johto.

Plus, I screwed up my Silver copy ages ago when I was younger because I got carried away with the oh-so fun cartridge tipping, -_- .

-Blur

FUCK YEAH!? FUCK YEAH!? It should be more like BITCH-FUCKING HELL YEAH!

I knew this day would come, I knew it! And of course the myths were true! But still, if one were to make a G/S Remake, I would actually open up the then-unopened areas due to space issues, but since we have more space, I'd say we can reopen them! But only from certain points in the game, yes. And the giant Goldenrod City Pokemon Center would have to be there too.

But still... that means I need a new R4. BITCH-FUCKING HELL YEAH!

Edited by RR-sama!

Actually, the first time my uncle saw Meganium, specifically the battle sprite, he thought it looked rather like a man's privates.

Maybe they're running out of animals to use as inspiration...

I want it to be basically the same as the original, but with nicer graphics >.>