Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

Edit @ 16:12 The game also features the area cutscenes introduced in FireRed & LeafGreen that show the area you just entered. CoroCoro uses Sprout Tower for an example, but it is likely all areas will utilise it. The scan also says that the female trainer (or male if you selected female) will serve a Support Role in the game similar to how Dawn & Lucas are in Diamond, Pearl & Platinum

Now THAT is something I like. The support character and a rival is great way to flesh out things. I didn't like the way that it was sorta compressed into one thing for R/S/E.

About that Pichu thingy, maybe the Pichu was the one following him? Or, umm, maybe the starter had faintened? Or perhaps, uh.... umm... he told the Pok

Edited by Blue Blood

I was hoping for that too! (still upset it's not Kris) but I was sad to see that Red/Leaf had no part in FR/LG. If you chose Red, Leaf just didn't exist and vice versa.

EDIT: Both those Pichu are part of a cutscene, evidence from the "!"

Edited by SuperLink

Full scanage! HERE

corocoro-1.jpg

corocoro-2.jpg

corocoro-3.jpg

corocoro-4.jpg

corocoro-5.jpg

corocoro-6.jpg

Sprout Tower looks friggin awesome up on those rocks, but where that place in the bottom left of the Wobbufet scan? I canna' tell. EDIT: Friend said it may be Slowpoke Well. If it is, then cool redesign!

Edited by Blue Blood

Well, the design was probably heavily changed from the sketches of the original female player who was supposed to come out in Gen I, but she ended up coming out in Gen III for the remakes with a radical change from GF's ideas. Well, Most of the design radically deviates from the design of the Kris some fanboys we all know and love, but the female design of HGSS retains some of Kris's features, such as the pigtails, face, and the hot pants.

But for anything I hate, its that hat with that big ribbon on it! O: BUT! You know...

OHH YEAHH YOU KNOW I LIKE THEM GRADE A ZETTAI RYOUIKI[/pervert]

Edited by RR-sama!

1242140654639.jpg

There's notched ear Pichu. Notice that Gold isn't being followed by a Pokémon in that screenshot.

Can't you get a special Pichu from the 12th movie or something? This event looks like it may be triggered by having that special Pichu following you.

Actually you're probably right. It mentions the 12th Movie event. Bet that means we don't get it.

Also, still not happy that Kris is gone.

Heeeeeey, guys, if this DOES use the camera then does that mean it will be region locked? I'm getting all upset like now. But if it is region locked, will it still work on Lite/Original models?

Heeeeeey, guys, if this DOES use the camera then does that mean it will be region locked? I'm getting all upset like now. But if it is region locked, will it still work on Lite/Original models?

Ho.... shit.

I'm European!!! >=[

...;____;

Yeah, SuperLink, I am too. The idea just came to my midn not long ago and it's really awful. It'd put a huge downer on eveything it's beyond beliefe. That's why I'm just hoping that someone can explain it to me.

If the game uses and DSi-exclusive features like the camera then in no way will it be Lite-compatible, other than through trading. Internal hardware differences are just too great to allow it, I'm afraid.

So wait.

DSi is actually less advanced than GBC/GBA? Playing GB/GBC games on a GBC/GBA gave you extra features, but were still playable on their original systems... And DS games with DSi features CANNOT be played on a Lite or Phat? That's.... retarded.

On the bright side, my /v/ thread is one of the most popular threads I've seen on there all day! Go me!

Oh, really? That really bites. I wouldn't have thought that just because it incorporate some DSi features that it won't be compatible with the Lite. =(. Now I'm hoping that these games have nothing to do with the DSi because I don't want to wait an entire year to play them.

EDIT: Pal Park. If the games are DSi then Hoenn Pok

Edited by Blue Blood

And... I'd have to buy a DSi... for one of my most anticipated games.

FFS. Nintendo had better explain this ASAP.

So wait.

DSi is actually less advanced than GBC/GBA? Playing GB/GBC games on a GBC/GBA gave you extra features, but were still playable on their original systems... And DS games with DSi features CANNOT be played on a Lite or Phat? That's.... retarded.

The DSi is more advanced than the Lite, however unlike previous generations, the differences under the hood here are such that any game designed for the DSi will not be able to play on the Lite/Phat. I'm not 'up' on all the technical stuff but it's to do with the new (RAM?) memory the DSi uses that the others don't. You'll no doubt say "just design it to use either" but I don't think it's nearly as easy as that.

OK, I won't say that.

How about designing it to not alienate one of the biggest userbases in gaming history?

"Design it to use it better" is the more desirable option, though you're saying it not possible in practicality. It's times like these that the gaming industry really annoys me...

If the games are for the DSi, then there'll be no way to get the Hoenn Pokémon (or some of them) without the use of an older DS model and Diamond or Pearl. What a massive kick in the teeth.

@ Superlink: How about you quit whining until we know for sure one way or the other what platform it's being designed for? ;)

@ Blue Blood: Frankly, it is a blow if we can't directly trade up from D/P/P to HG/SS, I agree wholeheartedly, but it's too soon to make assumptions. If it's a DSi game then we have to hope that, at the very least, a solution for transfer is found via stuff like that Pok

If the games are for the DSi, then there'll be no way to get the Hoenn Pokémon (or some of them) without the use of an older DS model and Diamond or Pearl. What a massive kick in the teeth.

Completely removing convenience, making you pay hundreds of quid, etc.

Also... I think the new girl has already been Rule 34'd. :huh: Under 2 hours, new record?

EDIT: Whining is the best way for Nintendo to listen. If it wasn't for whiners Nintendo wouldn't even know what a "casual gamer" is!

Edited by SuperLink

Gold looks funky! And I'm surprised about the change of the female character. Slightly dissapointed (more of a fan of the game and manga, than I am of the anime one or whoever), but this one will grow on to me as everybody else has (doesn't look too bad). And she might be used for Crys's new look in Pokemon Special, too.

Also, I figure they'd work on Gold and Silver more so than Crystal. Did you see any Yellow additions in Fire Red and Leaf Green, other than the extra learnt moves?

And I knew the notched ear Pichu would have more of a significance in this game. Like the Regigigas and Shaymin released before Platinum's release, and all that.

Edited by Frobman

I wondered about Kris changing her look in PokéSpe too, but unlike Green/Blue (female GenI protag) she'd actually have to dye her hair o.o

I ain't whining about "it IS this", I'm whining about "WHAT if it is this". :P The assumptions are all 'what-ifs" really. Can't pass them off as fact until there's undoubtable word.

Moving the topic back to discussion of the remakes and away from platforms/teeth kicking, the Shrine in Ilex Forest is identical to the one in Solaceon Town of Sinnoh. Just thought I'd mention it.

Edited by Blue Blood

Completely removing convenience, making you pay hundreds of quid, etc.

goldblumkl2.jpg

Nintendo... Nintendo will find a way.

And I knew the notched ear Pichu would have more of a significance in this game. Like the Regigigas and Shaymin released before Platinum's release, and all that.

Personally speaking, I fucking hate legendaries. They're legendary, they're supposed to be mythological and harder than anything just to see, let alone catch! I hope Notch Pichu is merely representative of a brilliant new breeding mechanic and not some fucking bullshit movie tie-in.

I wondered about Kris changing her look in PokéSpe too, but unlike Green/Blue (female GenI protag) she'd actually have to dye her hair o.o

Red didn't, and he's still got his hairstyle. So Crys may not do the same.

Now I'm wondering what abilities the Notched Ear Pichu will have. We knew Deoxys gained new forms with different stats and movesets in Gen III, Shaymin transfered gained a new form and became capable of special sweeper stratergies, and Regigigas performed access to the other Regis in Platinum. This Pichu may gain some better forms of stats, abilities or movesets, even.