Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

Team Rocket was in the original Gold/Silver though... unless you mean Jessie and James. Then I doubt you will be satisfied.

Jesse and James is what I'm looking for. Meowth thats right.

New Pogeymans Game: Making you forget you're on a Sonic forum.

That being said, I think I'll stick with SoulSilver for my serious team, with Chikorita, and HeartGold for normal playthroughs.

We pirates can get both games. Yar har.

Coming out THIS year? BEFORE next spring? Excuse me for a moment.

*Runs around outside screaming with joy, by-standers watch confused*

*Comes back in*

*ahem* This is some good news though, I'll be sure to pick this up when it hits stores.

You know, this is a blessing for all people who have stayed with the pokemon handheld releases since Blue and Red. However, if the Pokemon company fucks up, and somehow makes them look gay:

trainers.jpg

Then I will facepalm at the fact that they ruined another childhood memory for me. :(

-Iceman

Edited by Iceman Etika

I don't think they could screw it up, unless they stick a beret on the boy's head or something. Which isn't likely, considering they didn't really drastically overhaul the designs for Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Well they did change Red enough to look less like Ash, but Blue still looks like Gary.

I kinda prefer Red's original design due to Pokemon Adventures, but oh well.

Well they did change Red enough to look less like Ash, but Blue still looks like Gary.

I kinda prefer Red's original design due to Pokemon Adventures, but oh well.

Pokemon Adventures Red was the epitome of awesome. Actually, he's the only trainer from the whole world of Pokemon that I could say was the best looking in my opinion.

Pokemon Adventures comic was quite the shit too, put an extreme spin on the Kanto journies, which was all kinds of awesome. You got to see pokemanz getting chopped in half and shit.

-Iceman

Edited by Iceman Etika

Jesse and James is what I'm looking for. Meowth thats right.

I think the show's Rocket has only shown in Yellow. Because that was an adaptation true to the anime. Am I right?

They shouldn't cross continuity like that.

Edited by Badnikz

Jessie and James in Yellow were lame anyway. They had the personalities of a regular Rocket thug.

Pokemon Adventures Red was the epitome of awesome. Actually, he's the only trainer from the whole world of Pokemon that I could say was the best looking in my opinion.

Pokemon Adventures comic was quite the shit too, put an extreme spin on the Kanto journies, which was all kinds of awesome. You got to see pokemanz getting chopped in half and shit.

-Iceman

Got that right. And it's very likely that they're gonna make a new chapter set after Platinum based around the new stuff and places in the game, and have their own updated clothes and appearances, if they get any. Hurrah for more Gold appearances.

Ah, lovely. G/S/C was the last generation I cared about. It just got all too silly from then. XP

Guess I'll be getting Soul Silver, since I need to replace my copy of Silver. When the battery died, so did my childhood. Only Pokemon game where I had beaten the Elite Four. ;_;

And yet my copy of Yellow is STILL going. How does that work? O_o

Ah, lovely. G/S/C was the last generation I cared about. It just got all too silly from then. XP

Guess I'll be getting Soul Silver, since I need to replace my copy of Silver. When the battery died, so did my childhood. Only Pokemon game where I had beaten the Elite Four. ;_;

And yet my copy of Yellow is STILL going. How does that work? O_o

GSC use the internal battery for save files and clock-based events (time of day, day of the week). RGBY don't use (have even?) an internal battery for anything like this so they're fine. Remember though guys, you CAN fix this.

You got to see pokemanz getting chopped in half and shit.

Yeah but using that comic's logic Acid would just kill any Pokemon that didn't know Reflect :P. Sucks to be that Arbok though, getting cut in half by it's own Acid attack XD.

I love Pokémon Adventures ^^ Haven't read any in quite a while though, I'm up to the part where Gold is about to challenge Whitney so he can talk to Mary from the Radio show.

Also, I like Red's redesign, and Leaf looks strangely similar to Green from the manga (Blue in the Japanese version). If Gold and Kris ARE redesigned (I hope not too much, they look awesome) then I'm sure they'll pull it off in a way that won't make me hate them forever.

Unlike if S-E make an FFV remake where Lenna and Faris are both blonde. That'd make me RAGE.

Edited by SuperLink

I am glad that it's confirmed. I think I will get Soul Silver, problem is just that we have to wait a lot for English version :(.

I too am glad it's confirmed, but it's sort of annoying how they use the same formula over and over and over again.

VG cats put it well.

Yeah but using that comic's logic Acid would just kill any Pokemon that didn't know Reflect :P. Sucks to be that Arbok though, getting cut in half by it's own Acid attack XD.

It got better. Hehe.

NOSTALGIC MUSIC GO.

Here's hoping they do a good job with the remixing of the songs. I will be very sad if they don't. :(

I'm glad this was FINALLY confirmed, and is not any hoax (I remember a good one back in April Fool's 2005, where ThunderYellow was announced...it was just a joke in a forum I used to browse T.T).

I'd love to play HeartGold, since it will bring me soo many memories...I badly miss the second generation, in my opinion the very best one ever ;3

NOSTALGIC MUSIC GO.

Here's hoping they do a good job with the remixing of the songs. I will be very sad if they don't. :(

Well since Firered and Leafgreens music was the same style as R/S/Es music, if the trend continues, I'd expect the music to be something like this.

I didn't like the way the FR/LG music sounded on GBA much, but fortunately the DS music (DPPt) is much better than the GBA music (RSE). I have higher hopes for HG/SS. That remix sounds pretty awesome really :lol: it probably isn't far off!

These games are indeed a thrilling prospect to me. I haven't given a toss about the Pokemon games since Gold and Silver, but man I'm happy to hear this. Blue version was always my favorite, but I played Gold and Crystal a lot too, so I'll likely get SoulSilver to fill in the gap.

But do they really have to have such stupid names? Seriously, "HeartGold" is about as original and enthralling as "CrystallineCrystal" or "WaterBlue." Ridiculous names, really.

Aside from those terrible names, there is another something that bothers me. Aside from my general discontent with the new Pokemon themselves (mostly cause they look stupider and stupider by the minute), these games have some terrible flaws. I essentially agree with what has been said above - they need to try do something new. Red, Green, Blue and Yellow were all great, no denying. Gold, Silver, and Crsytal are considered better because they built on the originals. After that we don't get much besides a handful of lame-ass pokemon, and even more uninteresting plotlines. Just the same, over and over and over.

I love Gold and Silver much like everyone else. But why oh why are they continuously making the same game? They're being more honest here with calling these remakes. But they're simply remaking these games because they know that people like them better than the games they're making now. In short, they know they've been spewing out sub-standard games, and rather than making something new and inventive they're going back and remaking the games that are considered good. Obvious, yeah. I may be psyched to play these games, but I can tell it's just a cover-up for a lack of new inventive ideas.

Holy! The starter follows you in true Pokemon Yellow style! GREAT!

Screencaps from the Pokemon Sunday thing (it showed nothing more than a few seconds of New Bark Town)

1zdxcft.jpg

25uk7kk.jpg

vyo0v8.jpg

rupd0p.jpg

Certainly more updated and with more extra details than Fr/Lg, plus they look niced than D/P/Pt.I'm loving the starter following you thing!

EDIT: Lab got a second floor, with an outside staircase.

EDIT 2: Thanks to Pok

Edited by Blue Blood