Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

I'd definitely buy a G/S remake; I've never truly gotten into the Gen2 games, and it would complement my LeafGreen very well. I'm looking forward to the Blue and Red cameos as well. I also need to pick up Platinum sometime... and a Lite.

Edited by Jake

I'd definitely buy a G/S remake; I've never truly gotten into the Gen2 games, and it would complement my LeafGreen very well. I'm looking forward to the Blue and Red cameos as well. I also need to pick up Platinum sometime... and a Lite.

OMFG, Jake! Stop being so arsey! [/sarcasm]

I would sincerly hope that they add new areas (like 1, 6 and 7 Island in FrLg- big but small) and add weather effects to them They're always a great deal of fun. And some pointless new Formes would be fun as well, even if just to look at.

Edited by Blue Blood

u meanie :(

This also means I'll finally get a Cyndaquil after all these years of wanting one. Unless you had Pok

Edited by Jake

^ You forgot XD's Mt.Battle. All three starters know(In Dex order):

Frenzy Plant

Blast Burn

And Hydro Cannon.

I'd like to see a Gold and Silver remake, but the fact remains that I don't own a DS. So I'm just hoping that the compatible Wii game won't need to be hooked up to a DS game to be at its most fun (I'm looking at you, Battle Revolution).

*Fangasm*

Hope this is true, Pokemon Crystal was my first Gameboy game when it came bundled with my Gameboy color. It's been my favorite gen ever since, Anime included. *Starts singing "Pokemon Johto" song*

I just hope that they really are announcing a GS remake and not something else. Due to the batteries in the cart dieing, I can't exactly play Silver anymore, so maybe I'll hold off on buying the original if a GS remake is coming.

Silver, though it wasn't my first video game, was one of the first that got me into gaming as a whole. I cheated throughout the whole game with a hacked Celebi, but my memories are still found, nonetheless!

If they do indeed announce remakes, you can bet I'll shout so loud my throat will explode.

Edited by gunthetra

I just hope that they really are announcing a GS remake and not something else. Due to the batteries in the cart dieing, I can't exactly play Silver anymore.

Same thing happened to my Crystal long ago...I fell your pain man. :(

Same thing happened to my Crystal long ago...I fell your pain man. :(

My Silver died, too. I wish they would release these games on the Wii's Virtual Console. I'd snap 'em up first time I see one.

Edited by OvErLoRd

I highly doubt it would happen, but it's be crazy if they announced a full on adventure/rpg Pokemon game for the Wii. Over the shoulder camera with 3-D Pokemon battles and stuff, =o. Similar to XD, but way awesomer *shot*.

I'd still rather have a G/S remake, but I don't think that'd be a bad surprise either, =o. I just really hope it isn't anything like a new Pokemon Ranger or Mystery Dungeon or something. It also wouldn't be bad if the 5th generation of Pokemon is just around the corner. I'm anxious to see some new Pokemon, <3.

I shouldn't get too excited for thinking out side of the box though.

-Blur

I just want a DS port of fire red/leaf green. Heck, I'd be happier if they did a combined version in the style of Megaman Battle Network 5: Double Team DS. XD But it's not likely to happen.

I won't be getting this unless it's guaranteed that we can revisit Kanto again. They don't really have much reason to take it out, but they still might just do that.

I feel kinda stupid for not getting Fire Red or Leaf Green when 1st gen was my favorite, but maybe now I will. Then I will transfer any pokemon I get from there that I really want ( the starters and Mewtwo, specifically ) to my Pearl. Hopefully trading between games is permitted.

You'll need to have beaten the Elite 4 and unlocked Pal Park in Pearl to do it, but yes it is possible.

I knew that, I was talking about trading from pearl to GS DS.

Oh, of course that'll be possible too. The only thing with it is that you're likely going to have to wait until you obtain the National Dex before you can trade between D/P/Pl and GSDS.

Hopefully that will be easy like it was in D/P... I can only assume that GSDS adds some kind of Wi Fi trading thing into the game somewheres like they did for D/P.

A Gold/ Silver remake?! I really hope that's true! They're among my favourite games of all time, I love them. To me the Johto Pokemon are the best, at least they're not like the awful Pokemon you find in the newer games which barely even LOOK like Pokemon anymore. I'll definitely be getting this as soon as it comes out!

I'd like to see a Gold and Silver remake, but the fact remains that I don't own a DS. So I'm just hoping that the compatible Wii game won't need to be hooked up to a DS game to be at its most fun (I'm looking at you, Battle Revolution).

Battle Revolution sucks anyway even if you put your own Pokemon onto it. The only thing it had going for it was its wifi and even then that sucked because 99 out of 100 times you'd run into someone with at least 1 Uber on thier team.

I highly doubt it would happen, but it's be crazy if they announced a full on adventure/rpg Pokemon game for the Wii. Over the shoulder camera with 3-D Pokemon battles and stuff, =o. Similar to XD, but way awesomer *shot*.

That wouldnt be a bad idea but again the issue of space for all the data comes up.

I'd still rather have a G/S remake, but I don't think that'd be a bad surprise either, =o. I just really hope it isn't anything like a new Pokemon Ranger or Mystery Dungeon or something. It also wouldn't be bad if the 5th generation of Pokemon is just around the corner. I'm anxious to see some new Pokemon, <3.

It wont be a new Mystery Dungeon due to the fact that theres already one being made. They probably wouldnt make such a big announcement for ranger (Hopefully) due to the fact that it didnt get very good reviews. Also I actually hope that we dont get a new generation simply because there are enough Pokemon to remember as it is.

I just want a DS port of fire red/leaf green. Heck, I'd be happier if they did a combined version in the style of Megaman Battle Network 5: Double Team DS. XD But it's not likely to happen.

But with a G/S port you'd get everything that was in FR/LG as well as more things...provided that Nintendo put Kanto into it that is. (I really hope they do)

I can only assume that GSDS adds some kind of Wi Fi trading thing into the game somewheres like they did for D/P.

Probably, lets hope Nintendo can now prevent all the trades from being ripoffs in this game <_<

To me the Johto Pokemon are the best, at least they're not like the awful Pokemon you find in the newer games which barely even LOOK like Pokemon anymore.

Some of them do D:

A Gold/ Silver remake?! I really hope that's true! They're among my favourite games of all time, I love them. To me the Johto Pokemon are the best, at least they're not like the awful Pokemon you find in the newer games which barely even LOOK like Pokemon anymore. I'll definitely be getting this as soon as it comes out!

Agreed, the RS Pokemon were trying to be too badass and the ones that weren't were too similar to previous Pokemon, Zigzagoon? WAIT ITS A SENTRET THAT WALKS ON ALL FOURS =O. The DP Pokemon were better, but not by much, I could do without 10 or so legendaries per game thanks, especially the GOD of Pokemon, who the hell came up with that crap?

Legendaries? Fine. Legendaries just wondering about as part of the non-important story? Pretty cool. Legendaries flooding/drying up the world whilst others are there just to be there? Not fine. A bazillion legendaries destroying the universe whilst a bazillion others try to stop them, leaving two bazilllion other just sitting around in rooms? Totally uncool.

Yeah, Johto all the way. I wouldn't complain if the puzzles at Alph were redone because they were too simple, and perhaps implement the battle tower from Crystal ('cept updated, of course).

This would be pretty freakin' awesome, because the save batteries in my Gold and Silver carts are busted. Plus, it would be cool to see Johto and Kanto with Diamond/Pearl graphics.

Gold and Silver was my favorite generation, since it truly felt like a direct sequel; and I do love sequels. I'd shell out moolah for a DSi and that game if I had the extra cash. :S

You know, if your G/S/C internal batteries are bust you can always replace them. You don't really have anything to lose in case you mess up, but it's fairly simple to do anyway. And if you really don't fancy doing that, buy ones that work from eBay. I got all three, yellow and a GBC from there back in December and eveything's working great.

I know some people are acting as if this is all confirmed, I'm still a little skeptical. Of course we've seen it coming for quite a while now, with all the Johto related hints in the anime and games lately.

My biggest fears:

- Nintendo will take out Kanto

and if it's still in there...

- Kanto still has shitty music

That's probably one of the things I'm most excited about. I LOVED the music for Johto, but Kanto's GSC music was pretty crap, so this is their chance, using the DS' hardware, to make Kanto sound as great as Sinnoh.

As for a possible Wii game... I just hope it's not Battle Revolution 2.

Agreed, the RS Pokemon were trying to be too badass

370.png

...Yeeeah, no.

The DP Pokemon were better, but not by much, I could do without 10 or so legendaries per game thanks, especially the GOD of Pokemon, who the hell came up with that crap?

And a Pokemon with supposedly ultimate power levels according to the Pokedex (Mewtwo) is more original, isnt it?

As for a possible Wii game... I just hope it's not Battle Revolution 2.

Quoted for truth again. Something similar to Pokemon XD would be good IMO