Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

So Classic Sonic is as fine and dandy as a cheap imitation will get I guess. It's fun, not exactly what I wanted, but it's fun.

Modern Sonic was shit. The level was one giant automated mess, Sonic felt unresponsive nearly all the goddamn time and it was annoying as hell. "Tutorial stage" be damned, shit is still shit.

Edited by Nix

Got my Modern time down to 1:58

My conclusion is that Modern Sonic is really boring, at least from the GHZ the demo has gave me. Now to play the classic side

So no one can honestly like the game or find the flaws insignificant to the strengths?

Hmm, where did I say that? I'm saying that if your opinion is out of the norm, they'll hurt your feelings. He doesn't mind his feelings being hurt, so he's a dream warrior.

Edited by Lightspines

Because it's spammable and ez mode. The old spindash got you going from a standstill. This one keeps you going like a modern boost that can't be used in the air. Instead of skill keeping your momentum it's how many times you can tap X whenever you start slowing down a little.

Skill is a word quickly losing its value in this fanbase. It doesn't take any significant skill to activate any iteration of the Spin Dash.

Hmm, where did I say that?

That's the implication of your sentence. Cynics aren't any more inherently truthful or commendable than optimists. Both sides of the same coin, rather. Everyone here is saying what they really feel about the game in this topic.

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 2

but your not fixin anything either by sittin in this fourm again if you really want it to change you gotta be proactive

Ok, I've read enough of these posts from you and I've got to ask...WTF?! People can discuss their dislike for things in a game without being told they should stop going on about them on a forum (which is made for discussions) and go campaign against the publisher. Besides, no publisher is going to listen to one person's complaints and... who does that? Seriously?!

I really wish a lot of you guys weren't so dismissive of what other people find to be flaws. For the record, I am hugely enjoying this game, Classic and Modern alike. But the moment I mention something I don't like, there's always someone there ready to tell me how wrong I am. It's so mind numbingly annoying, especially when coupled with the "superior" attitude that everyone then decides to adopt (everyone means everyone).

So you know what guys?

SHUT UP AND LISTEN

It's like nobody wants to hear any opinion different to their own.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ok, I've read enough of these posts from you and I've got to ask...WTF?! People can discuss their dislike for things in a game without being told they should stop going on about them on a forum (which is made for discussions) and go campaign against the publisher. Besides, no publisher is going to listen to one person's complaints and... who does that? Seriously?!

You're dream warrior #2.

I really wish a lot of you guys weren't so dismissive of what other people find to be flaws. For the record, I am hugely enjoying this game, Classic and Modern alike. But the moment I mention something I don't like, there's always someone there ready to tell me how wrong I am. It's so mind numbingly annoying, especially when coupled with the "superior" attitude that everyone then decides to adopt (everyone means everyone.

So you know what guys?

SHUT UP AND LISTEN

Dream warrior #3. Shine on.

On topic: Does the demo run in 50hz? If so, how much worse is it?

Edited by Lightspines

w00t! Played the demo!

Pretty pissed off at Omochao. I love ya buddy, but please do NOT tell me how to play as classic Sonic. I've been playing as classic Sonic before you were even built!

Modern Sonic is now AWESOME. It's like the best bits of Adventure, Unleashed and Colors all rolled into one. Even the spin dash is there via the new drift (old news, but first time I played it myself)!

Thinking I'll write up a feature over at SEGAbits this friday highlighting the five things I'm loving about the new modern Sonic gameplay.

Skill is a word quickly losing its value in this fanbase. It doesn't take any significant skill to activate any iteration of the Spin Dash.
But there is a difference, even if it's fairly small overall. Having to stop and manually charge makes the spindash useful in different (more limited) situations than being able to quick-charge right in mid-run.

Modern Sonic controls much better than in Unleashed! Did anyone else try Spin Dash drifting inside the cave entrance? xD

That's the implication of your sentence. Cynics aren't any more inherently truthful or commendable than optimists. Both sides of the same coin, rather. Everyone here is saying what they really feel about the game in this topic.

No one deserves to be spanked over their opinion. You'll never shine.

Ahh, good times, Dio voices his opinion, and people jump down his throat. I would say something, but I want to preserve my sanity.

• Thumbs Up 1

Something I just noticed:

- You don't fall off of wall-jump walls, and instead just keep sliding until it ends.

Edited by Blue Blood

What about them? You can't roll through them, and if you ever have any trouble you can hold X for half a second and have enough speed to get through anything the game throws at you.

Uh...were we playing the same demo? Because you CAN roll through them if you pick up enough speed while going down a hill.

I haven't.
still happens every time.

It doesn't happen to me.

What?

Try taking the upper paths without first gaining speed. Thought so.

Like the boost, it eliminates the need to use any other method of gaining speed. If you can have maximum speed with a half-second button press, why bother trying to build up speed any other way?

...Because it's more fun to play the game that way? Really, you don't HAVE to use the spindash at all, and it really can't get you EVERYWHERE. I just usually find it helpful in some places.

Also, I dare you to tell me that SA1's spindash isn't just as "broken" as Generations'. In fact, I would actually say Adventure's is even more broken because it takes place in a 3-D environment.

Yes, it is not the ideal Sonic zone. Still better than a game that doesn't trust its own physics.

Wait, are you actually telling me Generations doesn't trust its own physics? What?

The stages lack curved and angled ground, giving you no opportunity to use the physics to gain speed.

I still don't see this at all.

Optional and shitty is still shitty. And if you want to play the game well, you're going to have to do it.

...Not really.

It's not a matter of difficulty, it's one of annoyance. They had a better system before, but they made it worse. Why, exactly, is this a complaint deserving of mockery?

Why, exactly, do you find rail switching by a simple tap of left or right so annoying?

The most effective way for consumers to change something is to band together. To do that, they need to agree on the problems. To do that, they need to be convinced.

Yeah, you know what? It's a lost cause, buddy.

I really wish a lot of you guys weren't so dismissive of what other people find to be flaws. For the record, I am hugely enjoying this game, Classic and Modern alike. But the moment I mention something I don't like, there's always someone there ready to tell me how wrong I am. It's so mind numbingly annoying, especially when coupled with the "superior" attitude that everyone then decides to adopt (everyone means everyone).

So you know what guys?

SHUT UP AND LISTEN

It's like nobody wants to hear any opinion different to their own.

Uh...misread your post there. d:

Still, a lot of Diogenes' complaints just don't make sense to me. Sorry, they just don't.

Edited by T-Man
  • Thumbs Up 2

But there is a difference, even if it's fairly small overall. Having to stop and manually charge makes the spindash useful in different (more limited) situations than being able to quick-charge right in mid-run.

That difference is so "fairly small" as to be negligible. What makes the Spin Dash useful is the actual level design present, not the way you activate it, and I continue to maintain it's never had as extensive a use as people like to imply anyway. Instant acceleration and maybe the ability to activate some switches if ST is feeling creative that day? Okay. Great. Neither function is affected by whether or not you have to stop.

• Thumbs Up 2

Diogenes doesn't want to hear any opinions different from his own, either. d:

Oh my God. Notice how I used all-inclusive terms?

Moving on. Lack of camera control is very annoying...

Honestly, I almost never used the spindash in the old games. Maybe if I didn't get enough speed? There's a LOT of other boring/stupid things to complain about in Generations then the spindash, for real

Guys,remember Green Hill(the original) and Emerald Hill can be completed by just holding forward and mashing jump button. The reason for this is to get you into the game.The level design improves after these stages. The same formula is being used in Generations.

As for you Diogenes i'd like to tell you a story:

CUE STORYTELLING MUSIC:

-Back in the 80's there was a DOS game called "Prince of Persia". It was a fun platformer/adventure game that i loved. Nowadays the franchise has a completely different feel to it.It went in a completely new direction.True,they're still good games but they're nothing like the original.You know what i did since i disagreed with the new direction? I left the franchise. i left fan forums,i stopped playing the games.I still pay attention to what happens with the franchise but i don't complain.

And the moral kids is this: If you don't like a new direction of a franchise just quit the franchise.

There it is.That's all i'll say.

• Thumbs Up 9

I really don't see how you expect me to fix things. I am one lone consumer; on my own, I really can't do much. The most effective way for consumers to change something is to band together. To do that, they need to agree on the problems. To do that, they need to be convinced.

bull if you really gave a dam then you would have found a way don't feed me this i'm just one person junk

how many times do you need to complain about the same thing?

at this point it's either deal and let it go or do something about it

Welp, you heard it here first guys. If one of your favorite series/characters/shows goes in a direction you don't like, don't complain about and immediately drop all connection to it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys,remember Green Hill(the original) and Emerald Hill can be completed by just holding forward and mashing jump button. The reason for this is to get you into the game.The level design improves after these stages. The same formula is being used in Generations.

CUE STORYTELLING MUSIC:

-Back in the 80's there was a DOS game called "Prince of Persia". It was a fun platformer/adventure game that i loved. Nowadays the franchise has a completely different feel to it.It went in a completely new direction.True,they're still good games but they're nothing like the original.You know what i did since i disagreed with the new direction? I left the franchise. i left fan forums,i stopped playing the games.I still pay attention to what happens with the franchise but i don't complain.

And the moral kids is this: If you don't like a new direction of a franchise just quit the franchise.

The franchise will evolve into something new soon enough, just like how it evolved from the Adventure formula to the Unleashed formula. Also, you don't have to be so rude about it. Take other people's feelings into consideration next time.

The sad thing is, given Dio's strawman attitude, he'll still disagree with you.

I hate you, Diogenes.

CUE STORYTELLING MUSIC:

There it is.That's all i'll say.

Ugh, the unnecessary condescension... it sickens me....

The sad thing is, given Dio's strawman attitude, he'll still disagree with you.

I hate you, Diogenes.

You "hate" him... over an opinion? Really?

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 4

Something I just noticed:

- You don't fall off of wall-jump walls, and instead just keep sliding until it ends.

Thank you. Something on topic. Wait really?

*runs to test it*

WOAH YOU ARE RIGHT!