Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

So yeah... PSN got so shafted today I can't even laugh about it.

However, very glad the majority of people here are having fun. Can't wait to try it out for myself, and you KNOW I'm gonna do that backtracking trick when the giant metal fish comes at me in Modern. XD

So yeah... PSN got so shafted today I can't even laugh about it.

However, very glad the majority of people here are having fun. Can't wait to try it out for myself, and you KNOW I'm gonna do that backtracking trick when the giant metal fish comes at me in Modern. XD

Edited by Blue Blood

Got a link to the video? I want to see how it's done.

Gonna time it in a little while, but the loading screens have been shortened considerably. They take a mere few seconds in this build!

Got a link to the video? I want to see how it's done.

Gonna time it in a little while, but the loading screens have been shortened considerably. They take a mere few seconds in this build!

• Thumbs Up 5

Bwahaha! That's far too easy to pull off. I wonder why they wouldn't just program an actual event. That seems more difficult to be honest.

So, now that things have calmed down a bit, I'm going to give my opinion on the demo.

Modern:

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed that they gave us Green Hill, but maybe that's just me, since I had pretty much memorized the entire level months before the demo came out. :V Anyway, I still think the modern gameplay is a blast to play overall. Controls feel like they've been made tighter since Unleashed and Colors, which is very nice. To my (somewhat) surprise, though, I did find that I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the classic version of the level. Maybe seeing the later levels has spoiled me, but the level design really does feel a bit...simple, I suppose, even when compared to Apotos. I'm not dissing it by any means; seeing what the rest of the game has in store would keep my hype levels from dropping even if I outright disliked modern Green Hill, and there are a couple of platforming segments and some nice places where paths branch off. It's no less of an interesting level than anything in Rush, and since I loved that game...

Classic:

Am I the only one who thought that rolling had improved since before? I don't find myself using it that much, preferring the spindash, but it does feel like it more consistently makes you go faster. Control feels less heavy than it did back in June as well, but maybe that's just me. I didn't notice much scripting aside from that boardwalk loop, but then again I never really noticed that (or cared) in the first place, so meh. Anyway, not much else to say here. The level design is amazing, the physics are great, and...yeah. d: Well, actually, one thing I did notice was an odd physics glitch that wasn't in the original demo. If you take the upper path towards the beginning by jumping off of the first Buzz Bomber, you actually fall out of the loop unless you use the spindash. Not really game breaking, but it's odd and I hope they fix it.

Edited by T-Man

Classic:

Am I the only one who thought that rolling had improved since before? I don't find myself using it that much, preferring the spindash, but it does feel like it more consistently makes you go faster. Control feels less heavy than it did back in June as well, but maybe that's just me. I didn't notice much scripting aside from that boardwalk loop, but then again I never really noticed that (or cared) in the first place, so meh. Anyway, not much else to say here. The level design is amazing, the physics are great, and...yeah. d: Well, actually, one thing I did notice was an odd physics glitch that wasn't in the original demo. If you take the upper path towards the beginning by jumping off of the first Buzz Bomber, you actually fall out of the loop unless you use the spindash. Not really game breaking, but it's odd and I hope they fix it.

If you ask me, it was smart of them to choose GHZ for the demo. It shows what improved since the last and also does not spoil anything (if you have not been keeping up with everything).

More:

- The strange rebound glitch is still there. Sometimes when you run into an non-harmful object (item box, the spike of spikes) Sonic will randomly bounce backwards. They best place to test is at the top of the hill before the loop at the end of the stage. Spindash to the left and Sonic will get right up to the speed shoes item box. Upon hitting it he's launched backwards randomly.

- The occasional homing attack animation is still in when you hit enemies.

I'm seeing such a mixed bag with this demo...

I can't wait to try it out.

Edited by V0YANT

So I was running along not boosting and ran into an enemy. I swear I heard sonic/roger say shit. I ran into the crab 4 more times just to make sure I was not trippin. Damn I think I need sleep. Sonic actually cussing? huh.png

I played each stage 10 times...and I feel very positive about the feel. I haven't memorized the layout enough to speedrun, but I was improving each time. The rolling is broken for Classic Sonic, I don't like using it. Other than that, I have no real complaints.

Idk, I feel that SEGA released toooo much of the game. I wish they at least kept some levels secret, regardless of the June hack.

EDIT: In other words, I feel I know too much about the stages in the demo, regardless of not playing them.(except for Green Hill Act 1)

Does anyone think that's the reason the demos been sort of a mixed bag?

Edited by SpeedsMyGame

So I was running along not boosting and ran into an enemy. I swear I heard sonic/roger say shit. I ran into the crab 4 more times just to make sure I was not trippin. Damn I think I need sleep. Sonic actually cussing? huh.png

Uh...the game is rated E, dude. >_>

Lol, I highly doubt it..... unless... it's.. a....

SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh...the game is rated E, dude. >_>

I know. But tell that to what my eyes heard. I'm out people.

Does anyone think that's the reason the demos been sort of a mixed bag?

Edited by V0YANT

For all who complains how easy / boring GHZ Modern is:

Yes it is a tutorial stage, it's obvious that it's a tutorial stage when you compare what it's like to play that stage against others.

For starters the whole stage is planned out in blocks where you have to use the moves that omachao tells you about, it's designed so that a new player can pick up the game, learn the controls yet still try to give a challenge to people who get the hang of it quickly.

They've done the GHZ in a way so that it can teach new players what to do, but also produce a stage which can be beaten by people of all ages and abilities.

When they move onto City Escape they're going to find it hard. Going to these conventions and watching people play has really opened my eyes to how well GHZ has been designed, you would be amazed how many people struggle to beat it easilly, yet they kept coming back for more because they enjoyed it, it's not a 'hold my hand' tutorial stage, but it still does everything that a tutorial stage should do for new players nor is it a radically epic level design which would put new players off either. It does exactly what it needs to do to entertain and teach people about the controls of Generations and the moves they need to use in order to beat the rest of the game.

Some people who are going on about the boosting challenge are going to be in for a very big suprise when it comes to city escape.

Wish it was an actual tutorial stage so that way it wouldn't be counted as one and we can get an extra stage. like how windy valley got an dawn stage and seaside hill got a separate closed off canyon.

So who else loves running along the walls and ceiling in the cave behind the waterfall in modern GHZ? :'D

GHZ Modern and Classic are Simple. But with effort, you can pull of some good tricks. Its challenging to be fast and doing everything perfect as possible. Check my modern run out!

Got 1:48:55..

Edited by T-Man
  • Thumbs Up 1

It bothers me that you cant rotate the camera and look around.

I also miss the light dash.

Other than that, great stuff.

Gonna repeat this, because it was drowned out by the 18 new pages xD

Guys first of all I don't think we all literally need to know every piece of percentage you're on of the download. In other words, stop spamming up the topic.

Second of all if you guys are still desperate about getting the demo now, make a new Xbox account and subscribe to Live. Your account gets three free Xbox Live Gold trials for different accounts to use, assuming you guys didn't burn those on other things.

How? I made a new account, but I don't see this anywhere. Just 12 Months, 1 Month for 1€ and 12 Months Gold-Family..