Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

That sucking is noise is still getting louder.

You're just mad, cause you'll never be a dream warrior. You have too much ignorance and disrespect, but I heard cold baths work wonders.

Shadic, I can't ignore Lightspines' posts if you keep quoting him!

I'm helping you bew. You must be confused.

Shadic, I can't ignore Lightspines' posts if you keep quoting him!

You act like I'm making you respond to him, if you wanna ignore him, stop replying, jeez.

Yeah, I can actually tolerate him now thanks to his new voice, though it did provide some Viewer Gender Confusion for my brothers.

Hes a robot is he not? Besides it wouldn't do my mind right to hear Shin or Kid Trunks in a Sonic game.

You act like I'm making you respond to him, if you wanna ignore him, stop replying, jeez.

Do you have to be so rude? I don't even know you.

I don't think Green Hill Zone is any easier than Tropical Resort Act 1 or 2, those were fairly simple without much to them.

Edited by Dusk Golem

I just went and did a Ring Attack of the Modern stage. I ended with 365 rings. The freaky thing is, thats pretty low by Unleashed's standards.

I was kinda hoping for a compilation of helper characters.

Classic era - Flicky

Adventure era - Omachao

Modern Era - Chip or Yacker

I was kinda hoping for a compilation of helper characters.

Classic era - Flicky

Adventure era - Omachao

Modern Era - Chip or Yacker

Chip or Yacker wouldn't really make sense, plot wise.

Tutorial stage... must remember... it's the tutorial stage.

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

SO much this.

K I honestly don't know if I should do this after the whole fries incident.........

but I'm giving you guys another chance.

Please don't abuse it

I can relate, cold fries totally suck... D:

Anyway, so... I haven't really kept up with where this topic has been going, but I just wanted to say this: Has anyone else gotten a NiGHTS vibe from that ambient clock-ticking tune that plays if you leave it on the Game Over screen for a while? I'm assuming the whole clock-ticking thing is going to be a recurring tone with Time Eater.

A few things about Classic Sonic:

- An uncurling glitch used to occur on one ramp, but it's now been fixed.

- Pressing X to charge a spindash now brings you to a halt immediately. In the old build Sonic would keep moving for half a second while charging, allowing you to bypass some scripted events (specifically S-tunnels). Good job fixing it, but I enjoyed being able to mess around tongue.png

- Rolling has not changed.

- The spiral bridge is fixed so it doesn't glitch-kill you and you can backtrack round it fully.

- The changes to his control really do make a big difference. I'm comparing it to the old build, and even if the changes are only minor the difference isn't. He's a thousand times better now.

- As well as the classic *boom* sound effect when you hit an enemy, there's also a slight metal clunk. Nice detail. The Buzzer's bullets now make a sound when they hit the ground/a wall.

I'll stop with the lists eventually. Right now I'm just scouring the demo for all sorts gameplay nooks and crannies.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

So why exactly is everything so automated? If you jump over the boost pads or spindash up the respective Wooden Bridge loops in each Green Hill everything is fine. But for whatever reason when you go through them and hit the pads it locks control away from you, like you're incapable of running straight through a loop without being pampered like a baby. I found if you slam after going through the Modern Loop you can do two things: 1. you fall past the platform and land on the bottom path again. 2: Sonic moves forward even without hitting the dashpad like if you were holding right.

If you don't slide for the second straight away rock clothesline it auto slides for you too.

It's rather insulting to be honest. Even for a tutorial stage.

And constantly activating the start of a trick is confusing. How do you do it? I can never trick off the waterfall ramp.

Edited by Tiller
  • Thumbs Up 1

Something else I'm sure no one mentioned.

-You do NOT need the right stick to do air tricks. You only need the left stick and bumpers. I did not know that til just now.

-Stomp actually stomps. No sliding, no glitch sliding/stomps. Just a solid stomp to stop your movement.

Edited by Eternal X

The modern demo I liked. Yes it had some flaws in the modern and classic sections. But i'm still exited about the later levels from what i've seen. I am disappointed about how automated gh modern was. But it didn't make me less like the game. And i certainly wouldn't take off my pre-order for this game.

Something else I'm sure no one mentioned. You do NOT need the right stick to do air tricks. You only need the left stick and bumpers. I did not know that til just now.

It goes beyond that. You don't need to do anything but hold the stick in any random direction. Once you hit the rainbow ring/rainbow ramp, just hold the stick in any direction you like and Sonic will trick automatically, netting you the highest number of tricks possible.

EDIT: OMG! There's a charging Motobug in M.GHZ too! It's the fifth one in the stage, and is on a purple rock with a stationary Purple Buzzer behind it.

Edited by Blue Blood

A few things about Classic Sonic:

- An uncurling glitch used to occur on one ramp, but it's now been fixed.

- Pressing X to charge a spindash now brings you to a halt immediately. In the old build Sonic would keep moving for half a second while charging, allowing you to bypass some scripted events (specifically S-tunnels). Good job fixing it, but I enjoyed being able to mess around tongue.png

- Rolling has not changed.

- The spiral bridge is fixed so it doesn't glitch-kill you and you can backtrack round it fully.

- The changes to his control really do make a big difference. I'm comparing it to the old build, and even if the changes are only minor the difference isn't. He's a thousand times better now.

- As well as the classic *boom* sound effect when you hit an enemy, there's also a slight metal clunk. Nice detail. The Buzzer's bullets now make a sound when they hit the ground/a wall.

I'll stop with the lists eventually. Right now I'm just scouring the demo for all sorts gameplay nooks and crannies.

Nice.

Wow, generations in 3D is... unreal. What the heck did Sonic Team do? I haven't seen this much work put into 3D in a game... ever. Theres no other game like it; not even the quality of the game dropped. It was a perfect 3D and HD experience! Man, Sky Sanctuary is going to break me blink.png

Also, did anyone notice how fast the levels loaded? They were almost as fast as colors! Gezz, even with the demo I still can't wait to play the full game. If anything, this demo has only made the wait longer!

Something else I noticed. When you try to stop...YOU ACTUALLY STOP! Not skid for miles like in Unleashed. Also his hand close up when he's boosting and they stay open when he's not. Yeah the second one was very minor but I thought it was a nice addition. LOL

There's a charging Motobug in M.GHZ too! It's the fifth one in the stage, and is on a purple rock with a stationary Purple Buzzer behind it.
Edited by Eternal X