Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

Is that Laura Bailey voicing Omochao...?

He suddenly got 80% less annoying.

You are now picturing Hewpoe helping Sonic. =P

• Thumbs Up 2

Please... can we not post spoilers in this topic. Well by that I mean asset spoilers. Only saying it because I don't want to come in here to talk about a demo, only to find a million pics or other things that people have 'found.'

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 3

Minor thing, but I noticed that when Sonic backflips off that looping bridge his animation flickers a fair bit. I don't remember that happening at Eurogamer, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Yeah it did that every time I got to that part. Kinda annoying rally.

But having said that, it's the only annoying thing I've found so far in this demo. I freaking love it!biggrin.png

My fiancee thought modern Sonic was really cool & she was very impressed with it. Good thing really as in 17 days time she's gonna have to sit through watching me play this game A LOT!

Though it kinda makes me sad that I enjoyed playing Modern so much more than classic.

The modern stage just has so much more going on with it's multiple routes & the speed of it is great.

Keeping to the top routes is really rewarding too as you shave loads off your time.

The Classic stage seems so slow & empty when I played it afterwards.

I sooooooooooo can not wait to play the full game now. I'm really chuffed at how good this is!rolleyes.gif

Please... can we not post spoilers in this topic. Well by that I mean asset spoilers. Only saying it because I don't want to come in here to talk about a demo, only to find a million pics or other things that people have 'found.'

This.

Keep the hidden assets out of this topic.

I haven't seen a spoiler in this topic yet.

I haven't seen a spoiler in this topic yet.

Thats because the post which had the entire ending music got removed.

I know the argument "LOL DON'T BOOST" but you can't even jump on the enemies. You are forced to A. Boost through them, or B. Homing attack them. I don't think it's that hard to program a simple "Jump on enemy" behavior.

Copy-pasta from retro:

So I just got finished with the Modern Demo. I played it about 4 times. I have to say, it's pretty bland.

I don't find that "fun" factor that Classic Sonic brings to the table. It's way too busy and there is little input on my part. The boost just makes everything you do useless. I know the argument "LOL DON'T BOOST" but you can't even jump on the enemies. You are forced to A. Boost through them, or B. Homing attack them. I don't think it's that hard to program a simple "Jump on enemy" behavior. I didn't like Unleashed and Colors so I don't think I'll like this.

I hope the other modern levels play better, but if Classic Sonic wasn't here I wouldn't even so much as look at this game.

Still waiting for that Steam pre-order page.

Well, shit...

PSN Has to wait until tomorrow then?

Great, now I have to go through another test and wait for School to be over. :<

/venting anger

There are a lot of problems. Level design (for both Sonics), crappy rolling, spamdash, unnecessary automation, the almost complete inability to use slopes to pick up speed, the crappy trick system, the crappy rail switching system, the boost...

• Thumbs Up 1

That's actually not bad. I can't break the 1:53 barrier. But it's a demo and a low level hog at the moment.

Wow, coming from you, that's a big compliment! Anyway, I can confirm that snake drifting does still work, and just drifting normally makes you go faster then normal boosting. Green Hill has some wide curves that you can take advantage of this, and the narrow paths make it easy to snake drift.

There are a lot of problems. Level design (for both Sonics), crappy rolling, spamdash, unnecessary automation, the almost complete inability to use slopes to pick up speed, the crappy trick system, the crappy rail switching system, the boost...

The bolded part is completely irrelevant to the actual gameplay.

The italic section; which version classic or modern. Because I distinctly remember Classic Sonic being affected by slopes and physics when running, just not when rolling.

Also, what's wrong with the classic level design save for the scripted corkscrews? Its vastly superior to the original Green Hill Act 1's layout (Blasphemy!)

Edited by Scar

Dio, I'm glad that you're tired of being angry about Sonic, you'd be jumped on much more if you weren't as reserved. :P

...Not that you're not jumped on anyway, but still.

Not really got a problem with level design and the boosting (in this game/demo at least) myself. I agree with Dio's many other problems, though.

I was having a play around with Classic Sonic's rolling and scripted stuff and noticed that they HAVE fixed that one script bug in the cave in the last demo where you can make Classic Sonic jump really high. There's a bug in the last pit in that cave where you rolll against the spring on the right and you will roll up the right curve and hit a glitch and roll back down, then back up, then back down etc.

Well, after playing through the demo a few times for the past couple hours, I can safely say that, while both Sonic gameplay modes are pretty great for the most part, I find the Modern Sonic gameplay to be a tad more enjoyable romp than the Classic gameplay.