Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

I like Dio's comments and the conversation that comes from it. It keeps this place from being a constant circle jerk of stupid images and OMG I JUST BUST A LOAD SEGA TAKE ALL MY RINGS HERP DERP

• Thumbs Up 8

So, just played the demos, this was unexpected...Classic Sonic was cool, but I was not impressed with modern at all. It just felt so...meh.

I was wondering this...but what do you think of Modern Sky Sanctuary?

I don't think I've seen you recite your opinion on that stage.

Also, for people that have played the demo, is there an actual option so that the Boost Effect doesn't wind blow the music?

UGH. Pretty pissed off right now, University network won't get me on LIVE suddenly even though I was on it earlier today. Spent the past 2 hours trying to get online and ended up screwing the connection to my computer to. No demo for me yet, not until I can get this shitty thing to work.

[/rant]

On the upside. YAY demo! Can anyone confirm whether this is the final build or an oldie?

Edited by ENVY

I like Dio's comments and the conversation that comes from it. It keeps this place from being a constant circle jerk of stupid images and OMG I JUST BUST A LOAD SEGA TAKE ALL MY RINGS HERP DERP

That will happen on any forum though.

UGH. Pretty pissed off right now, University network won't get me on LIVE suddenly even though I was on it earlier today. Spent the past 2 hours trying to get online and ended up screwing the connection to my computer to. No demo for me yet, not until I can get this shitty thing to work.

[/rant]

On the upside. YAY demo! Can anyone confirm whether this is the final build or an oldie?

It's a new build. Maybe final build? I don't know. But there are a few bugs here and there.

There are a lot of problems. Level design (for both Sonics), crappy rolling, spamdash, unnecessary automation, the almost complete inability to use slopes to pick up speed, the crappy trick system, the crappy rail switching system, the boost...

This is the biggest problem for me. It's far too automated. Sonic Unleashed wasn't this automated, so it just doesn't make sense.

So, just played the demos, this was unexpected...Classic Sonic was cool, but I was not impressed with modern at all. It just felt so...meh.

I feel the same way. It's a shame, but it at least gets better in later levels. While I wasn't too bothered about playing Modern's Green Hill at Eurogamer, I couldn't get enough of City Escape.

The bolded part is completely irrelevant to the actual gameplay.
Like hell it is.

The italic section; which version classic or modern. Because I distinctly remember Classic Sonic being affected by slopes and physics when running, just not when rolling.
Classic. I jump on a hill, I don't land on it; I fall along it until I reach a shallower section, at which point I get very little out of it. I try to roll down it, my speed runs out before I make it halfway up the loop.

Also, what's wrong with the classic level design save for the scripted corkscrews? Its vastly superior to the original Green Hill Act 1's layout (Blasphemy!)
Even if you could roll, there's almost nowhere to do it.

I was wondering this...but what do you think of Modern Sky Sanctuary?
The level design is definitely improved. There are more paths and better connected paths than pretty much anything we've seen before. But, it still falls into some of the same traps, having the space between paths be a death pit and of arranging the paths mostly horizontally parallel, so you rarely fall from one to another.

This is the biggest problem for me. It's far too automated. Sonic Unleashed wasn't this automated, so it just doesn't make sense.
Sonic Unleashed is pretty goddamn automated. It will literally turn Sonic for you in Chun-nan. Edited by Diogenes

It's a new build. Maybe final build? I don't know. But there are a few bugs here and there.

It's not the final build...remember when you perform tricks, the left stick and the bumpers show on the screen in the Modern Sky Sanctuary footage? It doesn't in this demo (and the COMBO font is wrong)

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm having a hard time realizing how to finish my trick combo. xD Well, with the little time on TV that I had.

In any other case, I came rainbows.

This'll be enough for two weeks.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not the final build...remember when you perform tricks, the left stick and the bumpers show on the screen in the Modern Sky Sanctuary footage? It doesn't in this demo (and the COMBO font is wrong)

Oh yeah. I noticed this new demo still gives the warning of it being a product in development too.

Did you guys know that you can Crouch with the B button (O Button for PS3) when playing as Classic Sonic?

Yep. You can do it in the old demo too.

I'm having a hard time realizing how to finish my trick combo. xD Well, with the little time on TV that I had.

In any other case, I came rainbows.

This'll be enough for two weeks.

You finish Combos by pressing BOTH Bumpers simultaneously :)

I noticed Classic Sonic's spin dash animation now kicks up dust clouds instead, with no sparks anywhere like in the old demo.

I just played it. Classic Sonic is pretty much the same as before (which I don't really have a problem with).

There are some things to nitpick in both versions. Bad rolling, straight paths, you don't lose all your rings when hit, etc.

But those don't really matter, because I can safely say that this was the most fun I've had since the Adventure games.

Scratch that, the most fun I've had since the Genesis games.

....You know what? I think this might - just might! - be the most fun I've had in any Sonic game EVER.

And it's only GHZ! Here's one way to look at it: GHZ was a hell of a lot of fun. And it is, as far as we've seen, the most basic Modern level in the game. So if Modern GHZ is the most basic level that the game has to offer, then I think we are in for one high-quality product.

(I didn't expect it to be so fun, I thought at best it would be close in quality to SA2's Sonic levels. I'm not one who just randomly praises everything to the heavens, I just thought it really was that fun!)

Here's MY Video!

My editing went a BIT wrong so some parts might look very dark biggrin.png

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've got a time for you guys. Try 1:47.47. You would not believe how difficult this run was to pull off.

...Colour me impressed!

Did you guys know that you can Crouch with the B button (O Button for PS3) when playing as Classic Sonic?

Yeah, I found that when I played the demo at Gamestop. Sega copied my idea from way back :P

...just kidding XD It's a great feature though, really maximizes the usage of the controller, and gives the player a lot of different ways to play as the chubby lil guy.