Control Stick- Waluigi Time

A- Waluigi Time

B- Waluigi Time

X- Waluigi Time

Y- Waluigi Time

L- Waluigi TIme

R- Waluigi Time

Flick Touch Screen Upwards - Pelvic Thrust

I would love this. Waluigi has been my go-to character in virtually every Mario spin-off since Mario Tennis.

A co-op mode would be cool, but it's probably going to be some local versus mode. Still, I'm excited for this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are people complaining about Toad. It obiviously not Blue or Yellow toad we will play as. its THE FREAKIN BADA** Toad we will be playing as (aka Super Mario Bros 2 USA Toad).

Luigi's Mansion gets MULTIPLAYER!

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=194510

Take note that the boxart has a Nintendo online icon. I'm guessing it'll have online too.

Looks like you guessed right

Luigi's Mansion gets Local, Download Play, and ONLINE multiplayer!

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/22/luigis-mansion-dark-moon-has-online-multiplayer-download-play/

Famitsu has tidbits about Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon and mentions the Nintendo 3DS game will have multiplayer modes. Famitsu says Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon will support download play, local play, and online play.

Excerpts from the article so far talk about the Dark  Light (which is actually a rainbow light) that reveals hidden doors and other objects.

Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon is scheduled to come out in North America on March 24 on Nintendo 3DS.

This is an unexpected yet very welcomed addition Nintendo.

The Year of Luigi shall be a great one indeed!

Edit: Uh yeah about that.....

It seems they read the Famitsu article wrong. The game has some type of internet function to it. They're not sure if it has online play or not.

Whooooooooooops.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 6

Nintendo?  Online multiplayer?  In a title focused around Single Player?  A ba.bhahah... bhwahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

This really is a most pleasant surprise.  Although it is being developed by Next Level Games, who also cared enough to put online very early on during the Wii's life with Mario Strikers Charged Football.

I expected it.

Like Jez said, Next Level Games is developing this. I had faith.

Edited by Cola

But *GASP* Shigeru Miyamoto is heading the project. I thought he ruins everything! Nah but, seriously, we know he's still great when it comes to gameplay. Story? Eeeeeh. But it's Luigi's Mansion, which didn't really have a big story so much as it had Luigi losing his shit; which was great.

Sorry to be a buzzkill, guys.

Looks like you guessed right

Luigi's Mansion gets Local, Download Play, and ONLINE multiplayer!
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/22/luigis-mansion-dark-moon-has-online-multiplayer-download-play/

This is an unexpected yet very welcomed addition Nintendo.
The Year of Luigi shall be a great one indeed!

Edit: Uh yeah about that.....
It seems they read the Famitsu article wrong. The game has some type of internet function to it. They're not sure if it has online play or not.

Whooooooooooops.

Boooo! Hopefully they do add online multiplayer. 

Sorry to be a buzzkill, guys.

Boooo! Hopefully they do add online multiplayer. 

Of course. Should not have got my hopes up........................

Online multiplayer CONFIRMED!

You play as differently-colored Luigis. Kinda lame, but whatever. This is still cool as crap. We should set up an SSMB ghost busting club! biggrin.png

Edited by CC14 the Vipester
  • Thumbs Up 6

"Hey!"
"Hey!"

I came for Luigi's Mansion 2
But I'm staying for Luigi's Mansion: 4 Swords Adventure

Surprised to see Miyamoto okay with this.

"Hey!"

"Hey!"

I came for Luigi's Mansion 2

But I'm staying for Luigi's Mansion: 4 Swords Adventure

Surprised to see Miyamoto okay with this.

Cuz Miyamoto secretly loves Luigi more than Mario that's why he is not so strict with Luigi games.

Also I smell DLC potential with the Hunter Mode.

Impressions from NWR

In my latest demo session, Nintendo laid out a big surprise -- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon has a full-blown multiplayer -- and it has local, download, and online play! In multiplayer, one to four different versions of Luigi climb the "scarescraper," a tower of semi-randomly generated room sets. You can choose from among scarescrapers with 5, 10, 25, or endless numbers of floors and three difficulty levels, normal, hard, and expert.

I spent some time playing Hunter Mode, which suggests there are other multiplayer types that they haven't yet revealed. In Hunter Mode, players must clear the entire floor of ghostswithin a limited time. The gameplay is simple -- explore the mansion,find the ghosts, and suck them up with your vacuum. Time is relatively short, so it works best when players spread out to uncover the ghostsand then pair up to bring them down. Players generally play cooperatively, but in Zelda: Four Swords style, players also compete for coins.

As in the first game, you must first shine a light on ghosts before youcan vacuum them up, but the new strobe light mechanic makes capturing ghosts a little more time-sensitive and strategic. Many of the ghosts
have adapted by putting on masks to block the dazzling attack. You can also vacuum larger items and eject them back out by reversing the flow.  While the original game used twin stick control, Dark Moon only uses
one. The controls have been adapted to only use one stick, and it's occasionally frustrating since your walking and vacuuming direction are tied together and Luigi may not face the way you want, but it worked well most of the time. You can read our earlier impressions for more control details.

Hidden objects and items are disbursed throughout the mansion, which can be uncovered by shining the dark light at suspicious sparkling areas. While many are beneficial, there are a variety of booby traps as well. For
instance, players may end up with a giant jar stuck on their head, or become "cursed" and end up with reversed controls. Much like Luigi's Mansion in Nintendo Land, fallen players can be revived with the strobe light. 

Attempting to resolve situations like this with rooms full of ghosts can lead to a comedy of errors leading to the downfall of the entire party. Upon clearance of a floor, a red coin challenge is introduced where red coins appear in several rooms. Very limited time is given to collect them all, so players should coordinate to collect them all. If the team is successful, a roulette bonus appears, which awards a treasure or upgrade. Players who collect more red coins have a higher chance of winning the roulette. There are a number of treasures within
the game, which also appear in single player. An additional mode called E. Gadd's Vault allows players to spend cash to buy items and upgrades.

At the end of each session, a full board of stats is displayed, including coin totals, vacuum weight totals, kills, deaths, and the like. Players also gain "achievement" stats such as "MVP," "bulldozer," and "leecher."
Even if you don't do anything notable, you're humorously awarded with a "participator" title. After every five floors, a boss battle ensues.

In single player mode's story, the "dark moon" has shattered, causing the ghosts within Evershade Valley to become evil. It's up to Luigi to collect the pieces of the moon and put them back together in order to
restore peace to the valley.

Unlike the original game, there are a number of mansions that are each expected to take around two hours to complete, and each mansion is broken down into missions. The first mansion, Gloomy Manor's, missions include Poultergust 5000, Gear Up, Quiet Please, Visual Tricks, Sticky Situation, and Confront the Source, and you're awarded rankings upon completion of each.

I had a chance to play that last chapter, which is a boss battle against a spirit-possessed giant spider. The battle is a multi-stage puzzle where you must use aspects of the environment to defeat the beast while dodging various attacks. I won't spoil how it played out, but the setup and progression was very clever.

The online multiplayer mode is a surprise and welcome addition to Dark Moon, which now looks to be content-packed. The variety of ghosts complement Luigi's humorous personality, and the boss battle was engaging and really renewed my interest in the game.

Game sounds great, kinda sucks that the aiming mechanics are worse because of the lack of a 2nd stick, but it was to be expected. Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

Final box-art released (not sure if this one's just for us Europeans or not)! gotta say, I'm really glad they've gone with 2 over 'Dark Moon'. Also, dat fourth wall.

19EZPRp.jpg?2

So they actually did online multiplayer.....................

Have to say, I'm proud of you, Nintendo. This is unexpected, and good. Surprised Miyamoto didn't shoot this down. Maybe he's learning............

So they actually did online multiplayer.....................

Have to say, I'm proud of you, Nintendo. This is unexpected, and good. Surprised Miyamoto didn't shoot this down. Maybe he's learning............

It was probably kept a secret from him, ala Roslina's story.

• Thumbs Up 2