Awoo.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)

YoshiUnity

New Footage from Nintendo Direct

Yes, the Boos are back! I was afraid they'd gotten rid of them. And I really love the new non-ghost enemies, and the new puzzles like balancing on the beam and floating in the air with the balloon.

GameExplain on the Nintendo Direct Footage

This game is still my most anticipated game. I too was afraid that the Boos were out of the game. The boo species are one of my favorite mario enemies and I loved their characters in the original. I'm also liking the Toads involvement in the game as well. I'm especially glad that they are incorporating blue and yellow toad ( not that we haven't seen enough of them, but in the since that this

will make me think that the red toad is THE toad aka Super Mario bros 2 toad.

If this is the result of the game having more time then I'm glad it was given that time, but from the looks of it, it seems like a complete game. So its probably cuz a lot of game were coming out for this season and they didn't have anything for next year.

Also Next Level games needs to stay in charge of this series from now on.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Box Art has been updated (lighter background, Boo has been added)

lmdmnaboxartupdate-600x536.png

New official artwork for the game (which looks gorgeous as ever)

lmdmjanart2-600x390.jpg

lmdmjanart1-600x307.jpg

lmdmjanart5-600x488.jpg

lmdmjanart4-600x408.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I adore the texture of Luigi generally in the boxart.  It almost makes him look like a claymation figure, which I think is a perfect look for this game.

• Thumbs Up 4

I adore the texture of Luigi generally in the boxart.  It almost makes him look like a claymation figure, which I think is a perfect look for this game.

If that's the case, then does that make this artwork the Nintendo equivalent of Wallace & Gromit?

lmdmjanart1-600x307.jpg

Cracking stuff, Gromit! 

• Thumbs Up 8

lmdmnaboxartupdate-600x536.png

3DS Bar = Strip Pole

I wasn't the only one thinking that, was I?

Edited by Winston
  • Thumbs Up 4

3DS Bar = Strip Pole

*crickets chirp*

So uhh... anyway guys this game looks cool and stuff huh.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 7

3DS Bar = Strip Pole   I wasn't the only one thinking that, was I?
Freddie I knew you were gay but this is a whole new level
  • Thumbs Up 1

Freddie I knew you were gay but this is a whole new level

Plumbers are the best strippers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3DS Bar = Strip Pole

Spoilers: In the Final Mansion, King Boo forces Luigi to strip at bulletbill-point, in order to save... Mario? You must use the 3DS Camera (with the Game Case surprisingly serving as one big AR Card) and the accelerometer to perform your sensual moves; fail to impress King Boo, and you will have a most unpleasant night...

• Thumbs Up 7

Spoilers: In the Final Mansion, King Boo forces Luigi to strip at bulletbill-point, in order to save... Mario? You must use the 3DS Camera (with the Game Case surprisingly serving as one big AR Card) and the accelerometer to perform your sensual moves; fail to impress King Boo, and you will have a most unpleasant night...

why would you even think of something like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

why would you even think of something like that.

He's clearly gay, all of today's events point towards it.

I believe I may be scarred for life now. Now to the less silly part. Those renders are so damn good, SO DAMN good. I suppose the detail and emotion is only natural for the sequel to a game that really emphasized cartoony emotions. I really loved all of Luigi's reactions in the first game, I hope they're as great in this one (so far I've seen some good ones).

Luigi's Mansion 2 finally gets a release date (North America)!

Nintendo has announced that Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon will release in North America on March 24.

The game, which was originally planned for release last year but delayed, is the sequel to the original Luigi's Mansion game that appeared on the GameCube in 2001. Though that game was a smidge too short for our liking, everything we've seen so far suggests Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon has learned from it's past mistakes, keeping its ghost-hunting focus while rapidly expanding its complexity in terms of mission design, location diversity, enemy types and collectibles.

We've reached out to Nintendo to find out if European and Australian release dates areavailable and will update the story as soon as we know more.

• Thumbs Up 5

Luigi's Mansion gets MULTIPLAYER!

With so many new places to explore, all new ways to capture ghosts, and a brand new local multiplayer mode, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is another star turn for Mario's heroic brother—and it's only on Nintendo 3DS.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=194510

Take note that the boxart has a Nintendo online icon. I'm guessing it'll have online too.

• Thumbs Up 4

They should just put Waluigi in there as player 2 because his hatred for Luigi hasn't been referenced at all since Mario Tennis, either that or it's just a trait that nobody really gives a shit about anymore.

I honestly think adding multiplayer to this game is a waste of time, as it's not going to hold the same appeal as say Mario Kart or Pokemon, it's a cool idea but they should have just focused on a single player experience only.

• Thumbs Up 1