Awoo.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)

YoshiUnity

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon E3 Trailer

[media=]

This trailer makes me hyped for the game, the cutscenes are cute and funny, the puzzles are in there, the mansions and ghosts look good, and some of the atmosphere, while not as dark as the first game, is really good.

My most wanted 3DS game, can't wait!

P.S. lol'd at the Elevator scene.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one who hates how the "2" isn't in the title anymore?

Sure, it's ok if you add a subtitle. I'd just prefer it if it had a "2" at the end.

Just a minor gripe. Game's shaping up to be pretty great, and full of personality.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=178849

A gameplay preview has popped up. And oh my comparing this to last years demo I'm so glad that Next Level Games changed alot of things. More ingame cutscene. Alot of funny moments, and I love the music that plays when Luigi is in a dark room. This goes to show that both Miyamoto and Next Level Games are truly invested in this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

The DS Fright is awesome, and E.Gadd's theme remix is boss. And so glad they still have the mansion music from 2011. Wasn't too fond of the version they showed this year.

The atmosphere in this game, which I originally had a problem with, is amazing. Every sound and echo in the mansion feels me with glee. The cutscenes are cute and Luigi's animations are funny and adorable.

And so now you have to use X and Y to look up and down, which is better then moving the 3DS imo.

In case you couldn't tell, this my most wanted 3DS game for the year.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 2

In case you couldn't tell, this my most wanted 3DS game for the year.

You're not the only one, I've been waiting for this game for a decade. XP

• Thumbs Up 2

That demo looks simply fantastic. The atmosphere is still there, Luigi shows a lot of great character, there are some interesting puzzles, and we finally have the DS Horror. So excited to get my hands on it this Christmas. :D

Say, I wonder what King Boo's role in this game is. Or what the plot is actually.

Oh yeah, in case people may have forgotten, King Boo's in the game

King_Boo_LM2.png

Edited by Nintendoga

Wasn't there a trailer which started with Luigi calling for Mario? Maybe he is gone again, but now there are multiple mansions where he could be?

I never actually beat the original, the game misplaced before I could finish it, and I never found it.

I should rebuy it and beat it.

I think this game would be the perfect opportunity to introduce Waluigi and/or Daisy into the series. I'm not asking for huge roles, but those two apparently have links with Luigi that have never really been explored. Daisy could be someone who needs to be rescued from one of the mansions, or perhaps Waluigi could run a rival ghost-sucking business, with his scores on each of the mansions serving as a benchmark for the player to overcome.

• Thumbs Up 7

More Gameplay footage (Mainly of the Clock Mansion)

[media=]

Love how the game is full of personality, and It really shows here.

Also, we finally get some tidbits on the story. So apparently, something happens that releases hundreds of ghosts, so E.Gadd says that Luigi will have to recover pieces of the Dark Moon, which are scattered across several mansions, in order to fix this mess.

NWR Impressions

Luigi’s Mansion 2, now known as Dark Moon, made its second E3 appearance. The gameplay remained mostly the same, but the new demo was bursting with personality.

There were three mansions on display. The first one, shown on the show floor, was in the same stage seen in the demo from E3 2011, albeit abbreviated and tweaked over the past year. Luigi must chase down some prankster ghosts, finding himself the rube in several slapstick comedy routines. A favorite of mine was a scene in a bathroom. Luigi peeked inside the bowl, and was hit in the head by a closing lid. He then sat on the porcelain throne, resulting in the triggering of a traditional secret passageway in which the wall turns… and flung him head first into a sink full of water. Luigi also bumbles about and talks to himself when he finds an upgrade for his vacuum (the stun light). Next Level Games clearly spent a lot of time thinking up shtick, and overall the demo had great comedic timing.

The other two mansions, only on display in Nintendo’s backstage area, seemed less polished. One mansion had a clockwork tower, in which Luigi had to spin the dials of a clock-themed puzzle. Although the puzzle itself was straightforward, I had trouble using the vaccum to manipulate the dials, and I eventually gave up. The third mansion had a snowy alpine theme. The first mansion room was very chaotic, with a few ghosts wreaking havoc while a haunted bear rug scared Luigi whenever he got close (making it very difficult and painful to wage an effective attack)! I eventually got stuck on this level as well, this time in an ice rink arena in which it was not clear how to proceed.

Overall I had fun with the Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon demo. Based on what I saw, Luigi fans such as myself will be delighted with the scenarios and antics. However, concerns linger regarding the preciseness of the final games’ controls and obtuseness of its puzzles.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

European Box-Art!

LuigisMansion2Box.jpeg

It's got the Nintendo Network symbol eh? No multiplayer has been confirmed, so I wonder if it will be used for Streetpass, and if so how.

Plus there's always the (small) possibility of DLC.

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ooh, a ghost with sunglasses. That probably means he's resistant to the flashlight. I guess there will be some ghosts that have a special trick you need to perform in order to stun them.

That video makes the game look better than it originally seemed. The music seems better (aside from the lame ghost-sucking theme), and it looks like there are a lot of fun ways to interact with the environment. My chief worry at the moment is that the ghosts will be bland in appearance. The original game had some very cool ghost designs that were simple yet interesting. These ghosts definitely have the simple part down, but they have yet to sell the interesting part. I use the dog as the main example. That dog in the original was way more interestingly designed than this little white blob.

But why would this game need dlc, is my question if true.

Maybe there's a secret mansion or maybe new missions for the current mansions.

I'd LOVE to see bonus mansions.

A way to further extend what's looking to be a fantastic game? YES PLEASE!

If the original mansion doesn't show up in the game, I'd love to see it be DLC.

• 2 weeks later...

Comic-Con footage! It shows off the Snow/Ice Mansion

Can't wait to get this game!

IGN did some comparison shots of the original Luigi's Manison and this one. These aren't meant to show off the graphics, or "GC is better 3DS one sucks!" It's interesting to look at how the style is more different in this game then the 1st one.

xDoorInline.jpg

xMansionInline.jpg

xEGaddInline.jpgxToadInline.jpg

xColdInline.jpgxDiningRoomInline.jpg

xBathroomInline.jpgxGraveyardInline.jpg

xVaccuumingInline.jpgxDogsInline.jpg

LuigiArtInline.jpg

Though tbh, I wish the 3DS one would use anti-aliasing, it would make it look much nicer.

Edited by Nintendoga

Problem is, I think Nintendo were still trying to find their "style" with the Bros back when the original came out, since they didn't have the limited polygons of Mario 64 to deal with.

I personally find the original style really charming, just because I really dig the transition period designs of the Bros. Don't get me wrong, I love where this one is going and still love that render, but Luigi still has that precise "generic" feel about him that would make the game feel lifeless if the rest of it weren't so full of personality.

I'm with MarcelloF on this one. I guess I can't really blame Nintendo for making things a bit more colorful and cartoony, since it IS in the Mario universe, but the original was a very nice blend of Nintendo charm and genuinely atmospheric and detailed environments. It was more unique. And most of the new ghosts look really lame compared to the old ones.

And yeah, anti-aliasing would really help.

I really, really, REALLY love the 3DS's render of Luigi screaming.

Anyway, this game is going to be EXCELLENT. I can't wait.