Awoo.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)

YoshiUnity

I was finally able to complete Gloomy Manor ( University and work plus other 3DS games have eaten at my time). I love the spider boss battle. I needed to glance at how to beat it. But boy I wasn't ready for its other phases. I love the aha moments this game gives you after staring at a bucket for about 30 seconds.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this topic up just a bit. So I faced the second boss in the game. I will be honest I had more of a challenge getting up the stairs that the boss itself. Clearly one of the easiest bosses. The sisters were more of a challenge.

According to Iwata Asks, that was done on purpose. I think they said they wanted to make an easy boss as a reward after the stair ordeal.

I still haven't figured out a strategy for the Sisters.

According to Iwata Asks, that was done on purpose. I think they said they wanted to make an easy boss as a reward after the stair ordeal.

I still haven't figured out a strategy for the Sisters.

The sister are hard to figure out at first. When they are spinning around one of the sisters will reveal her face, that's when you use the strobe light. and then suck. You then have too watch out cuz the other sisters will attack you and your very vulnerable in that state. I recommend focusing on one sister at a time, cuz the same sister will not show her face after she is attack 9 times out of 10.

I think the Three Sisters are very much a skill gate intended to force you to learn about the A dodge while sucking up...  Unfortunately, I don't feel this was made clear to me enough in the game (i.e. it's pretty much the first and ONLY time in the game where it is majorly required to not die), I just squeezed through without using it and thus went through the rest of the game getting flustered at ghosts attacking me while sucking up, not realising they can be dodged..

• 5 months later...

On that note, the ending in general was great. When Mario showed up and said "Luigi! You save Mario! You number one!"... My god, that warmed my heart far more than it should have.

And don't forget

DarkoftheMoon_Mario.png

-That's my Bro!

-Thanks, M-M-M-Mario...

I never thought middle aged italian plumbers could be so freaking adorable.

• Thumbs Up 3