Awoo.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)

YoshiUnity

So... random question, but has it been explained how King Boo is back in this game? Y'know, seeing as last time we saw him he was trapped inside a painting?

Last time we saw King Boo, he was haunting the hotel on Isle Delfino.

So... random question, but has it been explained how King Boo is back in this game? Y'know, seeing as last time we saw him he was trapped inside a painting? I can assume he's shattered the Dark Moon as a way of getting revenge on Luigi and E. Gadd, but... how is he even a part of this game in the first place? Are we just meant to assume he's escaped of his own free will and no one will bat an eyelid about it, aside from "oh snap King Boo is back!"?

I'm pretty sure they'll explain it when you fight him.

It takes about 15-20 hours long to beat the main story or to 100% complete everything?

See 15-20 hours in the gaming industry is 5-6 hours for gamers.

I expect 6 hours for the story, and 10-11 hours for 100%.

Is this game coming out for download as well on the 3DS EShop?

Aren't all new 3DS games given a simultaneous eShop release?  For a big title like LM2, I'd be very surprised if it didn't come out on the eShop as well on the same day (or whatever day the eShop updates in your region, anyway).

I wanna watch that so badly, but I'm trying not to spoil myself.

Ditto, I'm finding it so hard to contain my excitement for this.

Glow in the dark cover for Europe!

BFW6PKDCEAA1VGG.jpg

...while stocks last, that is. Better nab this one up while you can!

With this exclusive cover and the Boo stress ball from GAME, Nintendo are seriously giving Luigi some love here in Europe. Which is AWESOME.

I asked GAME about this the other day but the guy hadn't even heard of them. He did say he wouldn't be surprised if they were getting them in, but was there any specific retailer listed with this?

asked GAME about this the other day but the guy hadn't even heard of them. he did say he wouldn't be surprised if they were getting them in, but was there any specific retailer listed with this?

Nope, they just said Europe, while stocks last - so I assume it's gonna be a first edition printing thing, with future copies of the game reverted back to a normal cover.

Anyways, the main thing I have gathered from that first half hour video is that there is a lot of talking. And E. Gadd's ringtone is the best thing ever.

I know I said this in the Status Updates but,

2lXJ0OA.jpg
aubZRQM.jpg

Apparently a few Gamestops in the Chicago area have broken Streetdate.

So if you live around there, and don't feel like waiting till Sunday, might want to hurry to your local Gamestop and see if they have it before they realize their mistake.

I know I said this in the Status Updates but,

2lXJ0OA.jpg

aubZRQM.jpg

Apparently a few Gamestops in the Chicago area have broken Streetdate.

So if you live around there, and don't feel like waiting till Sunday, might want to hurry to your local Gamestop and see if they have it before they realize their mistake.

I would move to chicago just to get the game, then again  since I work at best buy I can get a discount plus use some reward zone points so I only have to pay about $10. so I will patiently wait until sunday, I mean I've waited since 2011 when it was announced I can wait a few day more.

A couple of videos in case some of you want to watch, one of them being the Final Boss.

Warning that the thumbnail of the video reveals who the final boss is, so you may not want to open the spoiler tag.

Haunted Towers Gameplay

Final Boss Battle

I like how throughout the game, Luigi's actions to the key disappearing into the lock changes. At first he is bewildered and cautious, but then he sees it something simply as nothing more than an everyday event. That is

great attention to detail.

Also that ending is adorable.

Edited by Scheming Minor
  • Thumbs Up 1

So. Dat final boss.

Well, well, well... I don't think it comes as any surprise that it's King Boo, but the fight itself is quite different to what I imagined it would be like. In fairness, I had no idea what it would be like, but it basically seemed like

King Boo wants Luigi DEAD. He looks like a genuinely credible and twisted villain here, and I really hope somewhere in that Japanese text is an explanation as to how he escaped from the first game's ending because then that will just make his epic fight even more epic, the battle will more intense and personal for ol' Weegee.

The ending too is very nice, and rather than being frustrated at the re-using of Mario being stuck in a painting, I'm quite curious as to how that happens too. And at least he gets a bit more screen time rather than just flying out of the portrait-wotchamajigger and looking dazed. Charles Martinet's voice work at its finest.

Cannot wait for this game now. Just one more week to go...!

I always love good Mario brother interaction in the games, and that "You saved Mario!" "I-I did it?" brought a tear to my eye ;__;

That's the most adorable ending since Super Mario 3D Land!

Edited by Toby Barrett

Gametrailers Review.

Edit: For some reason the link I posted won't go to the exact page, so you can just go to the website and find it. Sorry

Edited by canderson

Destructoid Review

If 

Dark Moon was just a single-player experience, it would have been a fleeting, yet enjoyable adventure. But with the addition of an infectious multiplayer element that can't be replicated anywhere else, it makes Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon even better than its predecessor, and one of the clear-cut best games on the 3DS.

Although I do not own a 3DS, I have to say that Luigis Mansion 2 looks really great. I played the first game on the Gamecube once for a long time ago, and I had my pretty fair share of fun with it. Good to see that the game is turning out to be a pretty good one, more power to the green plumber. Too bad that I have lost my interest for handheld consoles. My last one was a GBA SP.

Nice to see this game recieved so well! I've laready have it fully paid off at GameStop, and I'm ready to pick it up Sunday. Also, I should ask if the employees have anymore Luigi hats left. Because I freaking want one.

It's amazing how much detail Next Level games put into this title. From what I seen from the GT review alone, I've laughed at so many things, from what little was shown. This is one hell of a way to kick off the Year of Luigi!

• Thumbs Up 2