Awoo.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)

YoshiUnity

I dunno, I still think the game has quite a bit of atmosphere. I'm willing to let the graphics and the lesser focus on detail slide on account of it being a handheld game, (and to be honest, they're still very nice to look at it) the music sounds fantastic however. Plus, Luigi is always awesome in terms of personality. I still find myself chuckling at the end of the E3 trailer when he's in the elevator.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really am avoiding the trailers of the other two mansions in fear that there are only three mansions in the game, yeah their may be other mission, but as of now three enviornments have been shown.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind that the screenshots provided of the 3DS game likely do not do it justice. It's taking stills of a game intended to be played in a 3D viewing environment - likely to much better effect than shown in any captured video - and as such looks jagged and unpolished.

Once we get it in our hands and in motion, I think it'll appeal to you much more. :)

3DS screenshots always look worse than the game in motion. Anyone remember the Super Monkey Ball 3D screen shots? Dear Lord.

Keep in mind that the screenshots provided of the 3DS game likely do not do it justice. It's taking stills of a game intended to be played in a 3D viewing environment - likely to much better effect than shown in any captured video - and as such looks jagged and unpolished.

Once we get it in our hands and in motion, I think it'll appeal to you much more. smile.png

I have played the game, last year at Gamescom. The style doesn't look nearly as nice or atmospheric. I was hoping things would change over time, but it looks like they won't. I'm not sure how to explain it, but everything looks so simplified. Like doorknobs, for example, just have a yellow texture on them, but they don't look like they're metal or anything. It kind of reminds me of MySims.

Edited by MarcelloF

• 3 weeks later...

My most anticipated game of 2012, is now being delayed to the first half of 2013

luigis-mansion.jpg

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon apparently won't be spooking Nintendo 3DS owners until some point in the 'first half of 2013," says Nintendo. The game was originally planned for a holiday 2012 launch, per an announcement at this year's E3, but now won't be making that window. It's unclear if the game was delayed outside of "The Americas," as Nintendo only released information on that version.

Nintendo didn't give a reason for the delay, nor did the company give any more specific of a launch date for the game. Spooky business indeed.

Even though I'm incredibly disappointed, there are alot of games coming out this fall, so they probably thought this wouldn't get the attention it deserves. Hoping for a February release now.

And hey, maybe with the extra couple of months they got, they can add some new stuff or polish up the game some more.

Edited by Nintendoga

Even though I'm incredibly disappointed, there are alot of games coming out this fall, so they probably thought this wouldn't get the attention it deserves.

Yeah. There's Halo 4, Blops 2, Far Cry 3

and...

and...

Don't forget Paper Mario and the Wii-U, I'd reckon those two things along with some others would have had an impact on the game's sales.

and...

Let's just look at the Nintendo side of this... Pokémon Black/White 2, Paper Mario SS, Profess Layton, Wii U, Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3, NSMBU... and then there's plenty more when you look outside of Nintendo's own titles. It's a big season.

and...

-Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

-Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

-Pikmin 3

-Sly: Thieves in Time

-Assassin's Creed III

-Fable: The Journey

Just to name some.

Yeah. It's Nintendo's season up for the taking.

What's it going to be going up against in the beginning of 2013 though now that every game and their mother has received delays?

Gears of War Judgement

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Bioshock Infinite

Devil May Cry

Tomb Raider

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Dead Space 3

Not exactly a big change in its favor is it? Especially since it's missing out on the holiday rush.

Yeah. It's Nintendo's season up for the taking.

What's it going to be going up against in the beginning of 2013 though now that every game and their mother has received delays?

Gears of War Judgement

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Bioshock Infinite

Devil May Cry

Tomb Raider

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Dead Space 3

Not exactly a big change in its favor is it?

Well it was only speculation, not an officially given reason. But at least by that time Nintendo will have gotten the Wii U launch and Christmas season out of the way, during which I'm sure they'll really want to flaunt the U. Heck, the delay could be for fine tuning and polishing the game or just to space out their own big 3DS releases.

Edited by Blue Blood

God Damn...I've been waiting for this game for ten years, why can't you come sooner release date?!

• Thumbs Up 1

Missed opportunity not getting it out in time for Halloween.

Yeah, I was sure the reason we hadn't heard of it for a while was because they were lining it up for Hallowe'en. Oh well! Best-case scenario for me: They delayed it for sales reasons but will use the time to add more content. The reality is probably either half of that, but not both together.

While I'm disappointed, I admit that I've been focusing a lot on the Wii U lately and almost completely forgot about poor Luigi. Sucks that it won't be out by holiday, but I think the Wii U will tide me over (assuming Pikmin 3 and Rayman Legends stay on schedule).

But there sure hasn't been much reason for me to play my 3DS lately.

That fucking sucks. This was the one 3DS game that I was actually looking forward to playing this year.

Edited by Vampfox

I'm happy. There's enough coming out Q4 as always, so next year would be better for me. Plus, it's better to have the games have a bit of time between them so there's not so many months of nothing.

I desperately need new good 3DS games. It's a shame to wait longer, but if it's time spent improving the game, then that's fine.

Sure New Super Mario Bros. 2 is just creeping into view, but I need more! XD

This is very depressing. I really wanted to play this game this year. but alas I will wait. maybe I will look into PM: sticker star to fill the void. that or the 6 other games I will have in my backlog

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out about the delay myself when I went browsing Nintendo Europe's site. Can't see any posts about a delay in Europe, so yeah... it's been delayed to 2013 in Europe, too. No specific quarter or month is listed.

http://www.nintendo....on_2_45476.html

• 1 month later...

New Footage from Nintendo Direct (It's poor quality though, but the Game Explain one under it has much better quality)

Yes, the Boos are back! I was afraid they'd gotten rid of them. And I really love the new non-ghost enemies, and the new puzzles like balancing on the beam and floating in the air with the balloon.

GameExplain on the Nintendo Direct Footage

• Thumbs Up 1