Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

ps_vita_system.png

Perhaps they should have done the same too but, eh, apparently neither party gives a fuck it seems.

To give Nintendo credit, they at least seem to be trying to put games out for the Wii U. With the VIta, Sony seems to just be content with letting it sit. They didn't even bother with it at E3.

Gamescom may turn it around.

• Thumbs Up 2

To give Nintendo credit, they at least seem to be trying to put games out for the Wii U. With the VIta, Sony seems to just be content with letting it sit. They didn't even bother with it at E3.

Gamescom may turn it around.

What can you do when your major console is coming out. perhaps Nintendo should lay off the 3DS and focus on the Wii U. :P /Joke

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't think it's impossible for Sony to focus on more than one thing at once. 

I don't think it's impossible for Sony to focus on more than one thing at once. 

Not impossible, but they are feeling that burn from 2005 again, oh how sweet that burn was.But its also not impossible for Nitnendo to do the same. Give me a reason to buy one, someone who isn't into Pikmin, 101 or any other already announced stuff, why should I pick Wii U over the other options? I don't feel comfortable buying something that doesn't seem like it will have lasting appeal. I've already gone through that with a Vita.

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 2

. Give me a reason to buy one, someone who isn't into Pikmin, 101 or any other already announced stuff, why should I pick Wii U over the other options? I don't feel comfortable buying something that doesn't seem like it will have lasting appeal. I've already gone through that with a Vita.

"Give me one reason to buy one besides everything that's been announced."

What kind of fucked up logic is that? If the games don't appeal to you, that's not really Nintendo's fault.

Edited by Wraith
  • Thumbs Up 8

"Give me one reason to buy one besides everything that's been announced."

What kind of fucked up logic is that? If it doesn't appeal to, then it just doesn't. 

You know you can respond without using the word "fuck". :< Nintendo needs more appealing games then.

Edited by Noel

Don't care about the sells now. I more interested in how sells will be next year when the actual good games start coming out.

Don't care about the sells now. I more interested in how sells will be next year when the actual good games start coming out.

Hopefully better, but now they have a lot more to compete with, so they best step it up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo already has a great line-up in the works. Nintendo fans have Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bros and Donkey Kong, Platinum fans get Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2, X is likely gonna be the Wii U's exclusive killer-app JRPG, Sonic Lost World is also exclusive, and then there's Wii Fit U and Mario Kart 8, which will likely sell ridiculous amounts of copies and a lot of systems if Nintendo plays their cards right.

Oh, and Miyamoto is working on a new IP. Who knows what that could be.

Once the Wii U starts picking up the pace due to actually getting some good games, I imagine we could also see other Nintendo IPs like Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero, etc. We'll just have to wait and see, though.

Edited by Shirou Emiya
  • Thumbs Up 4

Nintendo already has a great line-up in the works. Nintendo fans have Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bros and Donkey Kong, Platinum fans get Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2, X is likely gonna be the Wii U's exclusive killer-app JRPG, Sonic Lost World is also exclusive, and then there's Wii Fit U and Mario Kart 8, which will likely sell ridiculous amounts of copies and a lot of systems if Nintendo plays their cards right.

Once the Wii U starts picking up the pace due to actually getting some good games, I imagine we could also see other Nintendo IPs like Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero, etc. We'll just have to wait and see, though.

I'd actually get one if I could get Star Fox and F-Zero. And then have multiplayer support, having dogfights in  Star Fox, and fucking with people in F-Zero. A Zelda would be a system seller for me because that game series is one of the few reasons I got a Wii. But multiplayer with Star Fox, fuck yea do it.

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 4

Maybe this me being impatient but those games aren't out yet and they're taking forever to be released. While I suppose they will be good games (well most of them anyways) its just not helping its situation right now. I'm sure the Wii U would sell better if they all came out sooner but it isn't so yeah.

Oh and Nintendo pretty much axed Star Fox and F-Zero so we won't be seeing those games outside Smash Bros again. Metroid is a good possibility but they're focused too much on Mario, Zelda, and POKEYMANS.

Now back to being drunk again cause I don't know what I'm typing anymore!

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh and Nintendo pretty much axed Star Fox and F-Zero so we won't be seeing those games outside Smash Bros again. Metroid is a good possibility but they're focused too much on Mario, Zelda, and POKEYMANS.

Now back to being drunk again cause I don't know what I'm typing anymore!

DON'T SAY THAT! I WANT MY STAR FOX AND F-ZERO MULTIPLAYER! COMPLETE WITH MIC SUPPORT! I am being so serious about that too, they do it, game over, fuck everything I'd probably cause the console to overheat, I'd play it so much. :P

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 1

COMPLETE WITH MIC SUPPORT!

Online? He's gone mad. D:

EDIT: Oh you mean voicecommands, nevahmind

Edited by 少佐 Jin H. Kisaragi
  • Thumbs Up 1

Isn't the lack of third party support because Nintendo refused to compromise with them? like EA?

And haven't you guys been complaining whenever there isn't a game that comes out on the Wii U too?

Edited by Azure Yakuzu
  • Thumbs Up 2

Isn't the lack of third party support because Nintendo refused to compromise with them? like EA?

And haven't you guys been complaining whenever there isn't a game that comes out on the Wii U too?

Let me see..........

Destiny? Everything except the Wii U

Any EA game? Everything or the other 2 next-gen consoles except the Wii U

The Division? The other 2 next-gen consoles except the Wii U

Dying Light? Everything except the Wii U

Contrast? Everything Except the Wii U

The Evil Within? Everything except the Wii U

Wolfenstien: The New Order? Everything except the Wii U

Mad Max? Everything except the Wii U

No excuse, and yet it happens.

Edited by PSI Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't even care about Lost Worlds or Bayonetta anymore lol.

And by the way, you guys have been complaining about more about games not coming to Wii U more then we did for PS4/Xbone.

Take a deep breath and calm down.

I don't even care about Lost Worlds or Bayonetta anymore lol.

And by the way, you guys have been complaining about more about games not coming to Wii U more then we did for PS4/Xbone.

Exactly what games should be on the PS4 and Xbone that aren't?

and I repeat:

You said its not Nintendo's fault.....when it looks like it actually is.

..What games aren't coming to PS4/Xbone?

Like two.

We're talking there are literally dozens and dozens of multiplatform games that are on literally every current platform in the industry except Wii U.

If that's somehow not weird or even a tiny bit unfair on the Wii U userbase, if that's seriously not worth any annoyance at all to fans, I don't know what to say.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yes, because unlike systems that have sold well the past few years and get all these games, Wii U needs these games just as much, you know, to get actual sales.

To be honest I don't even care for the exclusives that Nintendo does have at the moment. I was merely stating that this:

then what do you guys do? You bitch and moan that it isn't on your console of choice.

Kind of becomes null when the Wii U fans have been doing it more then us. Even if it is doing bad.

EDIT: Also to clear the air here, I do think the Wii U should have more third party games, but I'd enjoy if everything was nice and multiplat. That way everyone is happy, no?

Yes, because unlike systems that have sold well the past few years and get all these games, Wii U needs these games just as much, you know, to get actual sales.

So the people who don't own a Wii U don't have a right to complain when a game they want comes out exclusively for it, but its perfectly fine for Wii U fans to complain when games don't come out for it?

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong here. help me understand this.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu
  • Thumbs Up 1

Let me see..........

Destiny? Everything except the Wii U

Any EA game? Everything or the other 2 next-gen consoles except the Wii U

The Division? The other 2 next-gen consoles except the Wii U

Dying Light? Everything except the Wii U

Contrast? Everything Except the Wii U

The Evil Within? Everything except the Wii U

Wolfenstien: The New Order? Everything except the Wii U

Mad Max? Everything except the Wii U

Your right that it's messed up that all of those great games aren't coming to Wii U but you forget one key factory; small install base.  3rd parties aren't going to bother making Wii U versions of there big games if they know its not going to sell and just look at the games you listed; all games that have some too a lot of violence and are aimed at mature audiences.  Now look at the third party games currently on/coming to Wii U.  We are getting Wii U versions of games like Ducktails, Disney Infinity, Skylanders, Angry Birds Star Wars and exclusives like Scriblenuts Unmasked and a trio of exclusive Sonic tittles. 

That's the case because those games sell on Nintendo platforms and complement Nintendo's own library of games.  If Nintendo would have there own mature games like they did on the GameCube like Eternal Darkness and (to an extent) Metroid Prime, then 3rd parties would be willing to put there action epics on the system because they know it will sell on the system.  Both Sony and Microsoft have mature games on there systems like GOW and Halo and sell well, making 3rd parties willing to put there mature games on those platforms. 

While the Wii U currently does have mature games like AC III and Arkam City, those games didn't sell well when compared to Mario U (and Zombie U didn't sell well ether), so that just further shows third parties not to put mature games on Wii U.  There's also the factor that the system can handle the games to begin with as the case with The Division and The Crew (those currently have no current generation version announced) and toxic relations with third parties like EA don't help matters either. 

That being said, people buy Nintendo systems since the N64 days not for the third party games, but for the amazing Nintendo software and for the past decade Nintendo systems have been great second systems people owned alongside PlayStation and Microsoft systems.  The issue is that the Wii U doesn't have those Nintendo games yet and the price for the system is way to expensive in comparison with both the PS3/360 and PS4/X1.  Things will get better when the system reaches a much lower price and more Nintendo games come out and maybe then more 3rd parties will make games that complement Nintendo's own. 

• Thumbs Up 4

So the people who don't own a Wii U don't have a right to complain when a game they want comes out exclusively for it, but its perfectly fine for Wii U fans to complain when games don't come out for it?

Exclusives are fine, every console deserves exclusives. No one is saying that, it's great that Xbox One has Sunset Overdrive and PS4 has inFamous.

But seriously, when a game comes to every console except one, as in it's not exclusive at all but it's literally on everything except one, like some kind of... "ostracisive" or something.

That fuckin' ain't right at all.

It gets really annoying. As you can probably see by the fact that Nintendo fans are almost always annoyed by how third parties treat the systems they like.

Game industry politics aside, I genuinely think consumers are perfectly entitled to be annoyed by shit like this. People would (rightfully) be annoyed if a game was on every system except PS4, or Xbox One, so why is it that it's not ok for Nintendo fans to get tired of being treated like they're inferior to consumers of other consoles?

EDIT: Ok I'm coining the term "Ostracisive", it's like an Exclusive except where an Exclusive is a game only on one system, an "Ostracisive" is a game on every system except the one in question. Hooray.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 5