Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Excuse me while I bang my head on the wall, because this is not even close to being the full list.

Nintendo has given gaming, off the top of my head:

• The D-Pad (Arcades) (Nintendo made the CROSS D-Pad though.)
  • The standard face button layout - A,B,X,Y (SEGA Genesis (though did they include 2 more buttons))
  • Shoulder buttons (SNES)
  • Analog Stick (1292 Advanced Programmable Video System) (Nope, not Atari either)
  • Touch controls (Apollo Desktop Computers)
  • 4-player local multiplayer (Arcades)
  • Multi-screen systems (PC)
  • Playing handheld games on a console (SNES via Super Game Boy)
  • Motion controls (Power Glove)
  • Connecting handhelds and consoles (Gamecube+GBA)
  • 3D without glasses (3DS, even if the execution is debatable, but the 3DS' 3D is perfectly fine, gives you an eyesore though)

And I'm probably missing others, but you're giving Nintendo far too little credit. Pretty much most of the modern standard gamepad is entirely based on Nintendo's stuff.

Hey uh.. Fixed that for you

Edited by 少佐 Jin H. Kisaragi

And I'm supposed to care that your SSMB schedule doesn't line up with my work schedule, and therefore I can't respond to a post that was posted while I was away because it (apparently) inconveniences you to see it?

No, you're right.  I apologize.  It's just that this topic has been grating on me a bit.  I just hoped that maybe I could, I don't know, push it somewhere else.  But I didn't think about it and ended up just being dumb.

Sorry.

• Thumbs Up 2

In more depressing Wii U and third-party news

hure.png

And EB Games Canada isn't the only one listing this as the price, unlike the Rayman Legends fiasco.

perhpas they think we will be so desperate for games they can charge more :( now any GOOD games news

Pikmin 3: Possible DLC

"Nothing has been decided yet, but Pikmin 3 puts importance on the player replaying and re-challenging himself, an element that makes the game more and more fun as users play it many times. If we hear players' desire to play more with add-on content, we would love to consider the possibilities."

Honestly, I would love DLC for Pikmin 3 and I'd buy it if it came out. Apparently the game is a little on the short side so some extra levels to play through would be a great idea. I'm sure lots of people would support DLC for the game.

Ubisoft says Rayman Legends delay protest never happened

“As for the protest about the delay, it actually never happened, it’s a funny story and in the end a big misunderstanding. A few days after the announcement of the delay, one morning two Rayman fans came by the studio with a funny banner to protest about the delay in a nice and humoristic way. We’re not used to have fans coming by the studio, so some members of the team took pictures with them to be nice and friendly.

It's a little bit odd that they took months to tell us this. Why didn't they respond to the initial emails sent by dozens of news outlets to make a proper response and clearing it up then?

Miiverse New Additions

Miiverse has a new code of conduct and now has an extended 200 character limit (100 -> 200) in both communities and messages. Tags are also now available for your posts. You can also filter posts based upon tags.

ASDA pledges to support Nintendo

Wii U Battery + Wii Remote Quick Charge Review

Those quickchargers are great. I have one that does two Wiimotes at once, and it's practically a livesaver.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was thinking about the quick chargers but I have my own rechargeable batteries. I wish they had it out much earlier.

I'm definitely getting the Wii U Battery Pack.

... Woah woah woah woah. The controller doesn't come with a USB charger? Please tell me it doesn't use AA's or something.

The Wii U controller? No. It comes with a docking station. It just uses a shitty battery, with room in the compartment for a much larger one.

It comes with a cable, and the deluxe/premium pack also includes a docking station. The Wii remotes still rely on batteries though.

Can you buy the docking station separately? My cousing has one for his, but his Wii U is a regular one.

I've got a Wii Remote charger dock, but its 3rd Party...I'm definitely buying that Wii U battery though. Where can you even get it?

Edited by KrazyBean

I don't even use the cradle considering how close my 2 open outlets are in my room in relation to my bed or TV

Edited by PSI Tornado

Most of the games I play (especially ZombiU and Monster Hunter) usually require me to recharge at least once in mid-gameplay, so I just drag the charging cord around the room wherever I go. Don't really know how anyone has the patience to use the cradle instead. =\

I don't have super huge long bursts while I play, and when that happens it's usually the indicator that I need to take a break. I guess the new battery will fix that.

Monster Hunter Frontier G is coming to Wii U in Japan.

It's also coming to PS3 and is already on 360 and PC, but hey that's a game Wii U isn't missing out on.

Is that a side game or something? I thought the next entry in the series was a 3DS exclusive?

It was a Japanese 360/PC Exclusive game that was similar to Monster Hunter 3 + previous games I believe? It's an MMORPG btw.

I heard it wasn't very good and the subscription model seems like a turn off. I'm hoping MH4 will get a Wii U HD remake.

Construct 2 will let you develop for the Wii U

Coming from Scirra's Facebook page...

We've just had confirmation from Nintendo that we're now approved for Wii U software development! We'll be looking at adding a Wii U exporter to Construct 2!

That's just about the best news we could hope for. If you thought the indie floodgates had opened already, just wait to see all the progress that flocks to Wii U with this! Thanks to Pedro for the heads up!

Edited by Rawrdom

Nintendo posted Q1 results - between April and June, they shipped 160k Wii U units worldwide. 10k was the shipment through the entirety of Europe + Australia.

That, by the way, is absolutely abysmal.

3DS also underperformed. 1.04 million across that period, 640k was in America.

Nintendo still managed to get by with a Q1 profit due to weaker yen but the Wii U is in knee-deep shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo posted Q1 results - between April and June, they shipped 160k Wii U units worldwide. 10k was the shipment through the entirety of Europe + Australia.

That, by the way, is absolutely abysmal.

3DS also underperformed. 1.04 million across that period, 640k was in America.

Nintendo still managed to get by with a Q1 profit due to weaker yen but the Wii U is in knee-deep shit.

Oh wow...that's, very VERY bad =|

That is, mind you, a period where there wasn't any real releases for the system, last I checked.

I think Nintendo really needs to do a 're-launch', advertising-wise, to capture the attention of the public and highlight to them that the Wii U is actually a new console, not just simply an add-on for the Wii, and to highlight the big new releases for the system. That's one of its biggest issues right now.