Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

And this is the mindset that allowed Nintendo to charge $50 for DS launch games all the way up to the releast of the DSi.

what.

DS games are $35, not $50...?

supply and demand bro

is it up on all websites or just amazon? also still cheaper than the original

It is on Gamestop too: http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker/107716?loc=bestsellers

That is ridiculous for an HD remake of one game. What can they add to make the game worth that price? That fact that a new copy costs $100 new is not applicable, by that logic Earthbound should be $60 because new copies go for $300.

Wasn't Halo 1 Anniversary full price at launch?

I don't know...

But I know this, and this, and this... was around £30 brand new. And with ZOE, they've pretty much rebuilt the whole game on PS3 and released it as a patch. 

Worked out for the Wii U so far, huh?

There's no demand for a Wii U unfortunately. :(

well, I am going to be loving the off screen capability for the next couple days

well, I am going to be loving the off screen capability for the next couple days

EARTHBOUND!

There's no demand for a Wii U unfortunately. sad.png

That's why it's kinda boggling me on this price as well. It seems like WWHD is a big selling point for the console, so I don't get why they'd over shoot so big on the price like this. I was honestly expecting 40 dollars to be the highest it'd go. All other HD remakes/re-releases I've seen usually cap out around this. I just wish more people would be on board for not accepting this price for it, since it really doesn't need to be this high. I know I'm definitely not picking it up until it's lower or I can find it for lower elsewhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

EARTHBOUND!

eh not a huge RPG person, and I only want to use about 5 bucks(if they had an N64 adventure game I wold give in, but I dont have anything too tempting in the SNES section that I dont have(I mean I like kirby's Dreamcourse, but I would prefer more in the action genre)

And this is the mindset that allowed Nintendo to charge full price for DS launch games all the way up to the release of the DSi XL. Or charge $30 for a Super Nintendo ROM on a disk. Or (earlier) split up that same ROM and release it on the GBA in pieces at full price.

I'm sorry but what game are you referring to again? I'm drawing a complete blank here...

Super Mario All Stars. They literally ripped the Super Nintendo ROM to a Wii disc and sold it for his anniversary.

Granted it came with more than just the game, but still.

I'm sorry but what game are you referring to again? I'm drawing a complete blank here...

Super Mario All-Stars on the Wii

That's why it's kinda boggling me on this price as well. It seems like WWHD is a big selling point for the console, so I don't get why they'd over shoot so big on the price like this. I was honestly expecting 40 dollars to be the highest it'd go. All other HD remakes/re-releases I've seen usually cap out around this. I just wish more people would be on board for not accepting this price for it, since it really doesn't need to be this high. I know I'm definitely not picking it up until it's lower or I can find it for lower elsewhere.

Dat Nintendo Tax, bro. 

I really do wish more people took issue with this as well. Maybe we'd have gotten Twilight Princess bundled in as well, or a much lower price if Nintendo wasn't so used to (and rewarded for) pulling this shit all the time.

Super Mario All Stars. They literally ripped the Super Nintendo ROM to a Wii disc and sold it for his anniversary.

Granted it came with more than just the game, but still.

Oh yeah, that was a thing. I always saw that more of a limited collectors thing than a normal game you'd just buy on the shelves of your local shop... in fact I don't think I remember seeing a copy in person either.

Wait, people didn't know that it was $60 and Amazon was just selling it cheap during the preorder? I thought that's why everyone was going off about it a few days ago. At those Summer tours the price was listed as $60.

Meh, it may not be the right price, but chalk it up to Nintendo valuing their brand so high. Where most games go on sale months down the road Nintendo keeps them at full price. It's just their way. I really don't see any reason to get upset about it when you can go buy the regular edition for cheaper (people jumping on me in 3... 2... 1...). It isn't going to lead to other developers doing it and considering how rare it is for Nintendo to something like this in general...

Yeah, anyways I'll probably get this at an Amazon sale or something, considering I'm nuts for Zelda @.@

I don't take issue with that price tag because it's Wind Waker. And it looks better. And it controls better on sea. And it might possibly have a Master Quest mode.

And it's Wind Waker.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes
  • Thumbs Up 3

Precursor Games:
I’m always very cautious about saying Nintendo’s put themselves in a corner or made a lot of huge mistakes because I’ve never seen a company surprise so many people and come out of nowhere to win and I think certainly this console race with the Wii U is way, way too early to tell. The people at Nintendo are extremely smart, really great people. We’ll see where it goes. I think it’s just too early to tell…”

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=208800

Precursor Games:

I’m always very cautious about saying Nintendo’s put themselves in a corner or made a lot of huge mistakes because I’ve never seen a company surprise so many people and come out of nowhere to win and I think certainly this console race with the Wii U is way, way too early to tell. The people at Nintendo are extremely smart, really great people. We’ll see where it goes. I think it’s just too early to tell…”

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=208800

Its nice that some developers/people are have a positive outlook for the Wii U :); there's far to much negativity spread around the system (justified or unjustified).  If they drop the price and get more first party games out, then the system will be okay for the next few years, even if Nintendo once again got there system to be the "second" console this generation like the Wii was to the PS3/360.

I'm not sure how I feel about Denis Dyack of all people standing up for the WiiU. I guess words of support are nice either way, but frankly I've never thought very highly of the man, and phrases like this:

Well, I think first of all we’re great friends with Nintendo. We love Nintendo.

just seem terribly odd when you consider that, to the best of my knowledge, we never saw even a single Silicon Knights / Precursor release on a Nintendo platform since the Gamecube. EDIT: Errr, whoops, I didn't even realize Xmen Destiny had a Wii port, ahahaha.

I dunno, maybe I'm just jaded as fuck.

Edited by Blacklightning
  • Thumbs Up 2

I follow their forum and blog posts and they said they've been in touch with Nintendo for a while now. They revealed about a month ago that Nintendo wanted to buy them too (During GC days). I think he even said it was a mistake to leave the GC.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would like to get WW HD when the price drops but oh wait.... Nintendo games never drop in price. NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Thumbs Up 3

Man, the idea of selling digital reselling would be a game changer in the industry and if the Wii U is the first to do this (like "selling" your license of New Mario Bros. U to get 25 dollars toward your purchase of 3d World for example) that will be a huge plus for the system. 

With potential of no region locking for the Wii U is also a great thing as that opens the doors to some great Japanese games for the systems future :).

I would like to get WW HD when the price drops but oh wait.... Nintendo games never drop in price. NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

They drop in price (see Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess), but it usually takes a good 2-3 years for it to happen, and they generally don't go lower than $30 most of the time.