Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

We're still not going to get it because of how hard it would be to get money from an MMO MH in the West, will we?

Good news... Target are running a promotion.

K3YLo9Q.jpg

When you see it...

Confusion? What confusion?

....and Nintendo wonders why the Wii U isn't selling.  The dam system looks so similar to the Wii, that even stores are advertising the gamepad with the original Wii?!?

I can understand people confusion with what the Wii U even is (maybe an add-on to the Wii, a Nintendo tablet, ect) but that ad just flat out shows how the public is confused with the Wii U even is, and that's just sad :(

I don't see Target advertsing a X1 with a 360 system or the PS Vita as a PSP...

Good news... Target are running a promotion.

K3YLo9Q.jpg

When you see it...

Confusion? What confusion?

Target....DO YOU EVEN WIIU??? /facedesk

• Thumbs Up 1

We're still not going to get it because of how hard it would be to get money from an MMO MH in the West, will we?

Considering how terrible its said to be I don't think it matters.

As someone who does own a Wii U it took me a bit to see what was wrong.

The Wii U looks too boring and unnoticeable, it needs a redesign or something.

Make it look like a purple lunchbox and sales will skyrocket. (= ω=)b

• Thumbs Up 2

"It would be sensible to think about launching a new console rather than flogging a dead horse." - BBC UK

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23514789

Sales of Nintendo's latest games console, the Wii U, have slowed with just 160,000 units sold in the three months to June.

Nintendo has sold 3.61 million units of the Wii U so far and expects to sell nine million units by March 2014.

Overall sales fell nearly 4% to 81.5bn yen ($832m; £549m) but the firm reported a profit for the latest quarter, helped by the weaker value of the yen.

UK Games editor at EGN.com Keza Macdonald told BBC World News that the smartphone market was encroaching on that of handheld consoles.

"The next six months is going to be absolutely crucial for Nintendo... If the Wii U doesn't pick up, it would be sensible to think about launching a new console rather than flogging a dead horse... 160,000 units is dismal"

Wonder what'll happen when Nintendo doesn't make 5.4 million sales by March.

Considering how terrible its said to be I don't think it matters.

I have a friend who loves it and I watch a podcast about it.

Well, since that's just a journalist giving their opinion, I say "meh". But if they did launch a new console so soon, they'd end up alienating everyone who bought a Wii U unless they offer to trade for free or very cheaply a new console for a Wii U (otherwise you'd have wasted your money on a console). And backwards-compatibility with Wii U games would of course be a must (otherwise you'd have wasted money on games for the console).

But, this isn't going to happen anyway.

Nintendo won't ditch the Wii U.

Pikmin 3, Super Luigi U, Pokemon Rumble, Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Scribblenauts Unmasked, Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong, Mario 3D World, Wii Party, Wii Fit U, Sonic Lost World, Mario & Sonic are all coming within the next 5 months.

Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, Epic Yoshi, Mario Kart 8, X are all coming out in 2014 (hopefully).

I personally think a lot of people (ie: Journalists, analysts) are dick-riding the current situation right now and getting as much publicity as they can before the inevitable comes. Nothing major from Nintendo has come out yet so it's so easy to look at current sales and say "doomed!" I don't even think their advertising campaign started yet. They're possibly waiting for games to come out and restarting the campaign, emphasizing them.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1

I honestly could see Nintendo launching a new system within the next two years; the handheld/system hybrid that is fully compatible with the 3ds and Wii U library that has graphics on par with the X1 (maybe even the same specs).  Make the system 300$ and have Wii U/3DS be useable as credit for the system (trade in a Wii U and get 200$ credit toward the system or trade in your 3ds to get 100$ credit toward the system) so those respective owners don't feel cheated.

With the extra hose power combined with Nintendo doing something really innovative by blending there home console and handheld divisions to contiuelessly crank out game after game, and with there domance with the handheld market (and maybe getting a deal with Apple to have them make the systems OS/App Store support) will make the system a great success.

Of course that's just an idea that will never happen, but if that happened Nintendo could eat what ever losses the Wii U made and still make great games smile.png

Edited by RK64

Nintendo won't ditch the Wii U.

Pikmin 3, Super Luigi U, Pokemon Rumble, Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Scribblenauts Unmasked, Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong, Mario 3D World, Wii Party, Wii Fit U, Sonic Lost World, Mario & Sonic are all coming within the next 5 months.

Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, Epic Yoshi, Mario Kart 8, X are all coming out in 2014 (hopefully).

I personally think a lot of people (ie: Journalists, analysts) are dick-riding the current situation right now and getting as much publicity as they can before the inevitable comes. Nothing major from Nintendo has come out yet so it's so easy to look at current sales and say "doomed!" I don't even think their advertising campaign started yet. They're possibly waiting for games to come out and restarting the campaign, emphasizing them.

All while their brand name is being kicked to the curb and becoming a laughing stock. Good plan! ;)

These analysts need to suck it. Nintendo already knows they are at a shit spot, they don't need to be reminded everyday of it.

Instead of adding salt to the wound, what reporters need to do right now is either tell their audiences the potential that the Wii U has or how the Wii U can be better.

Nintendo needs to stick around, and that's not the fanboy in me talking. If you love Sony or Microsoft, you want Nintendo so succeed because competition drives innovation and good prices too.

Edited by tenchibr

All while their brand name is being kicked to the curb and becoming a laughing stock. Good plan! wink.png

Unless you mean the Wii brandname I'd disagree, the 3DS is going from strength to strength luckily for Nintendo.

Unless you mean the Wii brandname I'd disagree, the 3DS is going from strength to strength luckily for Nintendo.

I mean the Wii.

• Thumbs Up 3

I kinda think Nintendo deserve the reality check. It goes to show that even if something is mega-successful, you can't just release something of the brand-name and expect it to be a smash hit without properly trying.

Even New Coke suffered from that shit. :P

• Thumbs Up 4

These analysts need to suck it. Nintendo already knows they are at a shit spot, they don't need to be reminded everyday of it.

Instead of adding salt to the wound, what reporters need to do right now is either tell their audiences the potential that the Wii U has or how the Wii U can be better.

Nintendo needs to stick around, and that's not the fanboy in me talking. If you love Sony or Microsoft, you want Nintendo so succeed because competition drives innovation and good prices too.

Or have Sony and Microsoft be "inspired" by Nintendo's ideas (why else was the PS Move or Kinect even a thing without Nintendo eating up the casual crowed).  I loved Nintendo since I got my GameCube back in 2003 with Sonic Mega Collection and really love there games, notably the great games that landed on Wii like Galaxy, Twilight Princess, and DKCR, but they are so far behind when compared to Microsoft and Sony that they cant even fit the "second" system slot they had with the Wii (if the situation doesn't get better for them, which I hope does get better :().

If they drop out of the home console market and become a third party, then that will be possibly one of the saddest days in gaming; the giant that saved gaming in America down for the count.  However, if they take there 3ds and blend it with the Wii U's tech and features, then you can have the Nintendo Hybrid; a home console you can take any were with you and can play at home by docking the system on a stand or something.  They could remain dominate in the handheld market while at the same time making great games that would have never come to there home consoles (a HD Pokémon RPG blink.png). 

I'm not saying they should drop support for the Wii U, as it, well NEEDS support from Nintendo and the system deserves at least a 3d Zelda, Mario Kart and a 3D Mario, but if the situation doesn't get any better, then they have to do something.

[W]hat reporters need to do right now is either tell their audiences the potential that the Wii U has or how the Wii U can be better.

So reporters should do Nintendo's job for them?

• Thumbs Up 4

What Nintendo needs to do is officially drop the price during the fall when all of the games come out, and then they will probably see results. 

However in this period barely any games are coming out, the price cut is not official and it's in the UK of all places.

What Nintendo needs to do is officially drop the price during the fall when all of the games come out, and then they will probably see results. 

However in this period barely any games are coming out, the price cut is not official and it's in the UK of all places.

Honestly, I'm not even sure that will work anymore... Drop the price and that shit still doesn't sell, well you're even more fucked than you were before.

So reporters should do Nintendo's job for them?

And third parties should make huge investments in the company that's done nothing but burn them throughout their entire history.

Seriously, what's with the Nintendo entitlement and conspiracy theories? Is it that hard to believe Nintendo made a lot of mistakes, and they're now suffering the consequences?

Nintendo has gone so far up their own ass that they've become completely out of touch. It's time to put up or shut up, because the sales aren't going to make themselves, and nobody's going to give them a piggyback ride to success.

And third parties should make huge investments in the company that's done nothing but burn them throughout their entire history.

Seriously, what's with the Nintendo entitlement and conspiracy theories? Is it that hard to believe Nintendo made a lot of mistakes, and they're now suffering the consequences?

Nintendo has gone so far up their own ass that they've become completely out of touch. It's time to put up or shut up, because the sales aren't going to make themselves, and nobody's going to give them a piggyback ride to success.

Oh, you mean the same company that purposefully let third-parties games cover the majority of the 3DS' launch titles?
  • Thumbs Up 2