Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Just like I said in the Lost World thread its not charles

Too many rolling R's and soft T's to be Charles. Way too many. "Earrrly ninedies"

I bet you could get Charles to talk about it, in his Mario voice, if you met him at a convention, though. He seems like a great guy.

I like the concept of the first because it actually clearly states what the system has which is handy for those who may be unaware. The second is very clever though.

Hmmm know what would be cool, C&C on Wii-U, though its never going to happen :( even though I think we will be seeing more RTSs on it this gen.

Could someone inform me of what happened?

Stupid Twitter users being stupid towards Kamiya as usual.

Someone still refusing to get over the fact that Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101 are Wii U exclusive.

I do think it's very disrespectful towards Nintendo how some people are acting though, especially because without them Bayonetta 2 might not even EXIST. The fact that Nintendo would spend their cash on a series obviously shows that they value it.

I'll be very interested to see what happens after this years E3.

I finally got my Wii U internet back. I'm making a guide and I'll be posting it on several websites.

Autosaver's Wii U Connectivity & Troubleshooting Guide

Please try manually connecting your Wii U wireless network before trying. The page on how to do so is available below.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/internet_connect_online.jsp?menu=how_to&submenu=wup-online-ht-connect-network

If that solution does not work, try these methods below to connect to the internet. I made this guide after experiencing some troubles which led me to troubleshoot the issue myself. I was successfully able to get the Wii U connected wirelessly and I have not suffered a single disconnection. Unfortunately, these solutions do cost some money but it's very cheap.

Three methods

1) Ethernet (Recommended - Short distance)

2) Wireless Repeater (Not recommended)

3) Power-line adapter (Recommended - Long distance)

1) Ethernet - Ethernet allows you to directly connect the console to the router. Ethernet is known to be the most reliable in getting internet access and allows the best connection. Unfortunately, when used in long distances this option becomes troublesome for many. Having a 100ft cord around the house is not convenient for many and may cost money to get the cords inside the walls.

A) The Wii U does not have an Ethernet port but it does have USB ports. To gain access to Ethernet ports, you first must buy a LAN adapter which is available from the Nintendo store below.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=117712&currency=USD&catalogId=10001&tranId=0&lastAction=setCurr&storeId=10001&languageId=-1&categoryId=62707&ddkey=http:SetCurrencyPreference ($25)

You also need an ethernet cord, which is available for cheap at your local retailer or online store. Buy the length of cord that is suitable to your needs. Hooking the cable should be quick and easy.

2) Wireless repeater

A) A wireless repeater allows you to bridge your current Wifi connection. Many issues with the Wii U connectivity happen due to the connection being too weak. The wireless repeater would repeat the Wifi emitted and allow the radius of connectivity to be stronger and extended. The downside of this solution is that wireless repeaters cut down the bandwidth of your internet, so it may affect online speed and performance. Wireless repeaters are easily found on online websites.

http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-Universal-WN3000RP-Wi-Fi-Extender/dp/B007HQR710/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1370575440&sr=8-6&keywords=Wireless+Repeater ($40)

3) Power-line Adapter - Two Methods

Power line Adapters have solved major issues with poor connections and long Ethernet cords. This is the solution I found to work best in my case with getting the Wii U connected online. These adapters are very cheap ($30-75) and can be available online in 'kits' to allow you to set them up for the first time. It's incredibly easy to set them up and can be installed in less than 10 minutes.

A) You take one adapter and plug it into an outlet near your router. You then run an Ethernet cord from the router to the adapter. You then take the second adapter and plug it near your Wii U. You take a second Ethernet cord and run it from your Wii U LAN Adapter to the power-line adapter. The internet connection should go through the router, to the adapter, through your power line, to the second adapter, and to the Wii U. The connection will act as an Ethernet connection giving you direct access without the need of wireless troubles. To allow multiple connections such as one to your computer, you can purchase a wireless switch to enable more Ethernet ports. This method is excellent in cases of long distances.

B) Similar to method A, plug the adapters in and connect the first one to your router. The difference with this step is that instead of making a direct Ethernet connection to your Wii U, we will modify it so you get a wireless one. Instead of plugging the Power-Line to your LAN adapter, plug it into a SECOND router. This will allow the router to act as a wireless point, which is extremely useful when you may want to have easy access to several devices. This has allowed my Nintendo 3DS, PSP, and iPhone to easily connect online without losing connection compared to before. You need to set up the second router before hand while connected to a computer to make it act a wireless point for your Wii U. Guides are available online and an extremely simplified version is provided below.

a) Connect the router to a Power-Line so it syncs up with your original router.

B) Log onto the router page of your second router and change the settings to match the original. This includes wireless channel, security settings, SSID (aka Wireless name), and Wifi password.

c) Your second router should now act as a wireless point!

Routers are cheap online and some are on extreme discounts. I personally purchased a refurbished Netgear (WPR-2000) that was on sale for $19.99.

I hope anyone having troubles with their Wii U internet connection can look at this guide and fix it. Games in the future such as Mario Kart and Smash Bros are sure to rely on your steady connection. Future Wii U updates will also require an internet connection.

Edited by Autosaver

Personaly I prefer to play localy, but good advice. Say autosaver, whats your impressions on super paper mario?

I wanted to pick up the game a while back but I never did. It's a Nintendo select if I remember correctly so it's available for cheap. I heard it's a solid game so I should get around to it in a while.

It's a pretty good game, just don't be expecting RPG like the other Paper Marios, this one is more a platformer with RPG elements such as Health and the like.

It's pretty long, so should keep you going for a whole and there are tons of stuff to do after you finish (pit of 100 trails 1 and 2, getting extra pixls ect) so if you can find it for a good price I'd pick it up

The thing about SPM is that the gameplay sucks, while in every other aspect it's a bloody triumph. You'll really find yourself in love with the world and the story telling, which the music and visuals add huge amounts to, but the gameplay drags from start to finish. I only found myself wanting to play so I could see how the game progressed, and not because I enjoyed playing it. It's a real shame, cause if they just went and made the sequel to TTYD that everyone wanted then SPM would prove to be a fantastic game.

Speaking of TTYD, I really hope that it gets a Wii U VC release, or even a remake. I only ever borrowed it off a friend, so I've not been able to go back to it for years and I don't fancy the eBay prices. 

Oh I agree with you there great game, but its like a mario platformer without the good bits, and a few too many puzzles that you have to remember (a pad is good to have to hand WHENEVER you play just incase) I haven't replayed it since finishing it :/

I really hope so about TYYD, I haven't been able to find a copy anywhere for less than £90 or so! (Or at least rerelease as "new play control" or whatever) I loved Paper mario (although via emulator) and hope to buy it on the Wii U when I get a stable Internet connection (live next to a cafe so we "borrow" the free wifi)

Can someone remind me how to transfer purchases across aswell? Had to replace my Wii as it got toddlered! And now I've lost all my download game!

I was in the shower when suddenly I had an epiphany. This was pretty much me:

3uro4o.jpg

Please don't kill me

• Thumbs Up 3

Thank god I bought a new copy of TTYD a couple years ago when I had the chance. It's really hard to find anything GameCube related these days due to the prices (no, I'm not paying $40+ for the original Luigi's Mansion), which why I'm stoked for VC releases. Although I don't have a Wii U right now, it'll make obtaining GC games that much easier once I finally get one.

It is really hard to find GC games in anything other than "retro" game shops nowadays, not even CEX stock much anymore ( only certain stores) heck even a couple of years ago I had a real trouble finding Starfox Assault on the GC, I eventually found it out of luck in a charity shop for £3!

How will they decide what games are getting VC release though? Because we can't really garuntee any games specifically will be released

Were GC games even remotely confirmed for VC beyond that one vague quote I recall from a single PR rep?

It is really hard to find GC games in anything other than "retro" game shops nowadays, not even CEX stock much anymore ( only certain stores) heck even a couple of years ago I had a real trouble finding Starfox Assault on the GC, I eventually found it out of luck in a charity shop for £3!

How will they decide what games are getting VC release though? Because we can't really garuntee any games specifically will be released

Finding them is easy. Finding them at a reasonable price(first part games especially) is the hard part.