Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

And at Frys you get Lego city with it as well, So its a lot of great thing

Since the guide kind of got drifted away on the bottom of the page, I'm reposting it with modifications. (METACRITIC SCORES + Bonus Notes)

Autosaver's Wii U Guide

Key: Must Own - Mid tier - Worth a rent [Metacritic Score]

Downloadable
Nano Assault Neo - $9.99 [71]
Trine 2 - $14.99 [84]
Tank! Tank! Tank! - FREE [45] <-- Originally bashed for being full priced retail game, new download set up fits it perfectly
Zen Pinball 2 - Free trial packs, $2.99 per pinball course. One will make you set for good. (Grab this when the tables go on sale) [71]
Bit Trip Runner 2 - $14.99 [84]
Toki Tori 2 - $14.99 (Grab it when it goes on sale) [76]
Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition - $9.99 [80]
Little Inferno - $9.99 (Grab it when it goes on sale) [79]

Rayman Legends App - FREE!

Retail
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 [78]
Lego City Undercover - You own it [80]
Zombi U - $59.99 but this game goes on sale ALL the time. In fact, it's $29.99 on Amazon. [77]
New Super Mario Bros U - $35.99 on Amazon, Luigi DLC coming this summer for a discount if you own the original game. [84]
Scribblenauts Unlimited - $33.99 on Amazon [74]
Darksiders II - $35.99 on Amazon [85]
Warriors Orochi 3 - $35.99 on Amazon [64]
Assassin's Creed 3 - $29.99 [85]
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - $29.99 [81]
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $19.99 Amazon [83]
Injustice Wii U - $29.99 Amazon [81]
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate* - $49.99 [82]
Batman Arkham City - $19.99 [85]
Mass Effect 3 - $29.99 [87]
Ninja Gaiden 3 - $29.99 [69]
NintendoLand - You already own - $19.99 Amazon [77]

Future

Pikmin 3 - $59.99

Game & Wario - $39.99

Wonderful 101 - $59.99

Rayman Legends - $59.99

Sonic Lost World - $59.99

Mario U - $59.99

Mario Kart U - $59.99

Zelda HD - $39.99

Scribblenauts Unmasked - $49.99

Bayonetta 2

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DX
Super Smash Bros U - $59.99

Wii Titles to pick up

Sin & Punishment - $4.99 Amazon [87]

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $49.99 - Cheaper alternative is first game for $19.99 [97]

Metroid Other M - $4.99 (Most people complain about the story, but gameplay I hear is pretty decent) [79]

Rhythm Heaven Fever - $4.99 Amazon [83]

Sonic Colors (Cheap) [78]

Zelda: Skyward Sword (Cheap) [93]

Donkey Kong Country Returns [87]

Kirby's Epic Yarn [86]

Wii Sports Resort [80]

Kirby's Return to Dreamland [77]

The Last Story [80]

More Wii games obviously, but some are hard to find now a days.

Accessories to get

Wii Remote Plus + Nunchuk - $49.99 Often discount on these from time to time. Controller is essential for Wii games, required for certain Wii U minigames in certain games (NintendoLand, Game & Wario, etc), possible other play usage. Get some rechargeable AA batteries if you will use this a lot.

Wii U Pro Controller - $34.99-$49.99 - Often discounted, beware of counterfeits. Great for extended play sessions, good for other players, great for some games that have asymmetrical multiplayer with one player playing on gamepad and other on Wii U Pro Controller, mods available online to use on PC.

Hori Screen Protector - $9.99 - Essential to protect your Wii U gamepad for the long run and prevent scratches that may ruin gamepad usage. Don't pay a huge repair fee, get a protector instead.

Nyko Power Pak Pro - $24.99 - Extends gamepad battery from 3-5 hours to 9-12 hours. That's about 3x! A bit pricey and apparently the battery technology used means it will wear down faster than other batteries, which is why I recommend..

Nintendo Battery+ - Unknown Price - Extends battery up to 2x. Uses more efficent battery technology to allow durable charge with little wear down. Plus side is that it's an official Nintendo product. I'd go with this instead of the Nyko.

*Only if you have a lot of time to invest in this game, if not, pass.

I personally do not own ZombiU, but I plan on picking it up eventually. It's supposed to be the game that shows off the Wii U exclusive features. The Gamepad is used extensively and it's a very dark survival horror. There's also multiplayer where one person uses the gamepad to set off zombies while the controller pro U kills them. It's an overall good game and I'd pick it up, especially if you're into hardcore titles.

Lego City Undercover is a GREAT open world title. It's LEGO and open world, fits perfectly. There are a ton of collectibles to find and the humor is top notch. It's a lot of fun to go through the city and do missions while finding hidden goodies. I own it and it's something I would up for the Wii U. You won't regret it.

NintendoLand is also another game that showcases the Wii U features, but this is casual focused. It's quite cheap and is definitely worth it. It's a TON of fun and it really shows off what you can't do on the Xbox or Playstation systems. If you have a friend or sibling, it's even more fun. We would play Luigi's Mansion for HOURS. It's quite addicting!

New Super Mario Brothers U is an excellent platformer and is miles above in quality compared to the other releases. DLC will be coming soon for Luigi U and if you own the original retail disc, you get a discount. This game is also a ton of fun with one or two friends. This game is a must own for Wii U owners. It's currently cheap at Amazon.

It seems like the Target Basic Wii U is not on sale anymore, so the other alternative is the Fry's bundle, it's a great value since you're getting a cradle/charger, FREE Lego City, FREE NintendoLand, Digital Deluxe Program, extra memory, and a sexy Black Wii U.

Available Here: http://www.frys.com/product/7705428

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 2

It looks like it's actually a Wii Remote Plus to me. That's actually more useful than a Pro Controller, though. Especially since NintendoLand comes packed in.

Coincidently what are your thoughts on the pro controller? I was thinking of picking one up with my Wii U when I get paid (new job!!)

It looks like it's actually a Wii Remote Plus to me. That's actually more useful than a Pro Controller, though. Especially since NintendoLand comes packed in.

The Wii Remote Plus is a third party knock off, so I suggest to skip that and get the official Wii U Pro Controller instead.

Coincidently what are your thoughts on the pro controller? I was thinking of picking one up with my Wii U when I get paid (new job!!)

Great controller, and like WiR said it will be very useful for multiplayer sessions. It's very comfortable and it has a long battery life.

It seems like the Target Basic Wii U is not on sale anymore, so the other alternative is the Fry's bundle, it's a great value since you're getting a cradle/charger, FREE Lego City, FREE NintendoLand, Digital Deluxe Program, extra memory, and a sexy Black Wii U.

Available Here: http://www.frys.com/product/7705428

That sounds pretty awesome but it doesn't ship to Canada sad.png. I would have loved to get this because Lego City was a game I was planning to get anyway and this would have saved me money. Too bad.

EDIT: Actually I don't know what I'm talking about. The first time I attempted checkout it said that shipping was "Unavailable" but now it's giving me options. I'll see if it works.

EDIT 2: Actually they do ship International but it would cost $89.99 (so much for "very reasonable rates"). So that's out, unfortunately.

Edited by Frogging101

Buying a console international is going to kick your ass with shipping costs, no matter how reasonable it may seem shipping a whole console is some serious weight/bulk so you may have to consider purchasing local >_>

*Sees people saying the price should be dropped to 200 dollars, with NSMBU AND Nintendo Land included*

5l2q0m.jpg

Do I really need to take NeoGAF seriously?

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph
  • Thumbs Up 7

They mean the ones in stores. The small amount of people who have the Basic model won't be affected.

• Thumbs Up 2

Highly doubt this means that Nintendo is going to recall owned Wii U Basic consoles and replace them with upgraded versions. They're probably just recalling unsold systems.

• Thumbs Up 4

They're not recalling already bought consoles, they're recalling stock. They're probably just dumping the basic or re-purposing it since no one wants it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmm, I better get mine soon then. I don't want to pay an extra $50-60 for the Deluxe; I don't need those features and if I can get the console for cheaper without them, then that's what I'll do.

EDIT: Also who the hell is this guy? He won't post the email that he supposedly got, and ignored questions about his credibility, so why should we trust him?

Edited by Frogging101

Even if it isn't true, it's only a matter of time before Nintendo stops producing basic models. Hardly anyone wants them, the premium model has sold much more.

What are the chances that their plan is to can the Basic bundle and then drop the price of the Deluxe? If they're likely to do that then I could get better value for my money by waiting, but if they're just going to simply get rid of the basic then I'll lose money by waiting.

What are the chances that their plan is to can the Basic bundle and then drop the price of the Deluxe? If they're likely to do that then I could get better value for my money by waiting, but if they're just going to simply get rid of the basic then I'll lose money by waiting.

At this point I'd say very likely since the White Premium is sort of phasing the Basic out and they need to give the Wii U the extra shove to coincide with the new games. The question is when and how they should act since if Vita's price cut proved anything this stuff can only be a temporary solution and might cripple sales before it happens.

A soft re-launch in those terms doesn't sound out of the question.

Nintendo should come to my house, transfer all of my data, and give me a premium white. C:

It'd be much appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 1

Iwata will probably come to your house and give you a bunch of bananas as a consolation prize.

• Thumbs Up 6

Is it technically possible for them to essentially refit the Basic consoles with the Premium version's memory?  It probably is and this is a stupid question.

Also, is 'people changing themselves into Nintendo characters' a thing now?

Is it technically possible for them to essentially refit the Basic consoles with the Premium version's memory?  It probably is and this is a stupid question.

It's because of my RP, I guess.

I just picked Ridley 'cause he's a badass.

Depends on how they setup the central memory, if its removable, ya more or less, if not no

It probably is. I wouldn't be surprised if they're taking the Basic units, adding memory, and adding the extra accessories.