Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Ubisoft and EA will crawl back to Wii U eventually. Nintendo will have to thank Microsoft for this.

Ubisoft and EA will crawl back to Wii U eventually. Nintendo will have to thank Microsoft for this.

I don't think Ubisoft really abandoned the Wii U, the quote from the host was clearly her own personal view and not of the company she represented (although she really should've stated that). I also don't think EA will work on the Wii U because EA doesn't really have much to offer to it anyways (Nintendo's lack of online play unlike MS and its userbase don't match).

The best thing Nintendo can do right now is to stay away from the cockfight and just keep their sheep inside their pasture, although if I were Nintendo, I would try to form a behind-the-scenes alliance with Sony to take Microsoft down for good.

Edit: An example of said alliance would be to combine a deal with a third party publisher, like, ahem - SEGA, where Ninty and Sony put together a large lump sum of money to convince SEGA to keep their shit away from Microsoft.

Edited by tenchibr

Some speculation is that Nintendo is telling third parties not to announce Wii U games since the will at their Nintendo Direct.

This didn't turn out too well eh.

Even Reggie when talking to Geoff didn't seem like he had any 3rd party support to hide. They know it's bad.

Nintendo can't do shit, because no matter what they seem to makes 3rd parties happy anyway. Only Ubisoft will come back after this Fall of Zelda and Mario.

So I'd just like to walk in here and say, after that ND...........

Wii-U still doomed? Lolno. 2014 confirmed Year-Of-Wii-U.

Nintendo doomed to the industry and third parties, but not doomed at all to the consumer.

Which is good I guess?

Yeah I mean, Nintendo is still going to make a ton of cash off Wii Fit U, Wii Party, Mario, Zelda, etc.

I personally believe that the Wii U being graphically inferior to either the PS4 or XB1 has less of an impact that the Wii not being HD vs. the 360 and PS3 did instead.

Like what I heard on the Forza 5 presentation, Next-Gen is not about more resolution, but rather about shaders and textures and making things look more realistic within that resolution, and since when does Nintendo care about realism anyways?

Edited by tenchibr

Realism has absolutely nothing to do with third parties dropping support for the Wii U.

Edited by Chooch

3rd parties do though (well with some games).

But that isn't the main reason why.

Edited by Ming Ming Hatsune

Realism has absolutely nothing to do with third parties dropping support for the Wii U.

So what you are saying is even if the Wii U had the same technical power that either one of the two do, that it would not be encouraging?

It all goes hand in hand. I don't even think you can get a game like The Last Of Us, current gen, to run on the Wii U like it does on the PS3. I would love to be proved wrong though.

If the Wii U had games like it, or Heavy Rain, surely it would make other third parties go and say "Wow, the Wii U can do that? I wanna make something fun for it too." And my comment on Nintendo is that they don't care about realistic graphics because their vision is different from the other companies.

I am not saying the other companies don't love what they make, but money equals power, and power equals money in this industry. It equals potential. Look at Crysis 3 for example and then ask yourself, "What business does Crytek have with Nintendo?"

Good news? Call of Duty: Ghosts coming to Wii U. Launching when "next-gen" versions launch.

Third parties would jump on it if it had an install base. It's a weaker console with lower standards and thus is cheaper to develop for.

Remember PS2/Wii versions of games? I expect PS3/Wii U versions. 

How do third parties even know what kind of install base it has? Does Nintendo give them sales statistics?

I believe there's some sort of industry insider thing. Not entirely sure how it works, but they do know the general number of consoles sold.

That's Monolith's "X". It seems like a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles, if not then at least a continuation of that type of game.