Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Luigi inviting the forefathers of Nintendo into the back of his van....that's not creepy at all.

So that's what Reggie meant by his body being ready!

Also, they're not even making Unlimited Detail for games anymore. They scrapped it and are working in other industries combined with "CLOUD POWER!!!" yay

Not a single word of this is true, aside from expanding into other industries. Euclideon have long confirmed that they're still working on game stuff repeatedly, and they're not doing anything with cloud computing (they're working with point cloud data, which is not even remotely the same thing). 

Edited by Shirou Emiya

Not a single word of this is true. Euclideon have long confirmed that they're still working on game stuff repeatedly, and they're not doing anything with cloud computing (they're working with point cloud data, which is not even remotely the same thing).

This is what I went off on.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564037

Still watching, but it does not seem to target the video game industry anymore.

also

who cares. this is the wii u thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is what I went off on.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564037

also

who cares. this is the wii u thread.

It's a thread with a bunch of people who didn't pay attention to the video description until the bottom of the thread - aka, people not doing their research. But I agree, this is getting somewhat off-topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what? I don't care about all the negativity that people are saying about the Wii U because basically there'll always be negativity, on any console release, and you just have to ignore it. People can say what they want and I won't listen, I think that the Wii U Is an amazing console and I really love it very much. Sure it has connectivity problems but other than that it's great and i'm sure once you get it online it's really worth it. I am very happy with my Wii U And didn't think it was wasteful at all! :)

So if 3rd party publishers will only put their games on systems that have the Xbone's restrictions and Sony might allow the same implementation, what will happen then? Will gamers vote with their wallet and pick Wii U and/or PC, or what? Will the desire to have one of those 3rd party titles override their rights as consumers?

I think that was the same thing that happened with Black Ops 2. Fortunately, it was featured later by Nintendo.

Retailers have been putting up the game for Wii U so maybe.

So if 3rd party publishers will only put their games on systems that have the Xbone's restrictions and Sony might allow the same implementation, what will happen then? Will gamers vote with their wallet and pick Wii U and/or PC, or what? Will the desire to have one of those 3rd party titles override their rights as consumers?
Since we're talking about the dudebro audience, yes. They don't give a fuck about integrity, or consumer rights, or any of those other big words. They just want to pwn more faggits in Call of Duty even if it means giving Microsoft the means to destroy everything we know and love about gaming.
  • Thumbs Up 1

It'll only really annoy me if people keep throwing out the "Nintendo has no games" chestnut and moaning about those DRM practices while also caving in and buying the games that feature it anyway.

It'll only really annoy me if people keep throwing out the "Nintendo has no games" chestnut and moaning about those DRM practices while also caving in and buying the games that feature it anyway.

Reminds me of EA

"Simcity! Mass Effect! !!!!"

(Simcity becomes top seller)

I wish we could just blame it on unknowing "casuals", but I fear that there are gamers who suffer from some kind of Stockholm syndrome caving into practices like this.

Reminds me of EA

"Simcity! Mass Effect! !!!!"

(Simcity becomes top seller)

Mass Effect has DRM?

No. There was a lot of controversy about the ending and boycotts of EA products.

No. There was a lot of controversy about the ending and boycotts of EA products.

Going by how much EA has been pushing DRM/Origin/etc., I'm surprised it hasn't had any DRM of the sort.

Wait now UbiSoft? One of the few company's who profited from the Wii is saying this?

Wow...

To be fair, it's not exactly from Ubisoft themselves but that annoying girl that did the conference. So maybe...

I wonder if microsoft bought her off, though from what I understand thats not the full story, appearently she was reading some comments about it.

I hope Nintendo blows them all out of the water tomorrow!!!!

And I got my Wii-U, doing the update now, cant wait to play though, got Lego city and nintendo land and borrowed a couple wii games as well

Keep in mind that Ubisoft also stated very soon before E3 that it's still early days for the Wii U and that sales will come if good games are presented for the platform.

Unfortunately, it seems Nintendo has to do that job while all the third parties do nothing but fuck around.

Unfortunately, it seems Nintendo has to do that job while all the third parties do nothing but fuck around.

No change there then.

Some speculation is that Nintendo is telling third parties not to announce Wii U games since the will at their Nintendo Direct.