Awoo.

General Nintendo sales/business discussion topic (previously: The Wii U Thread)

Tatsumaki

Well good thing I got the deluxe package, which is what I wanted in the first place.

On another note, I got the 3 games I want to track down first off this summer! Kirby's dream collection, ASRT(even though I already have a PC copy), and proably NSMB-U... or if another great platformer comes out in the next two weeks that. Do hope to get Super Metroid and Duck Tales later on though

To be fair, we did get some sort of program. All early adopters had access to the GREATLY reduced price virtual console games. Instead of paying 6-7 dollars, we paid 30 cents each month.

I wouldn't mind an additional free game though ha ha.

Well, I just got it, I hope we get a free game or two, or the reduced games are still down

To be fair, we did get some sort of program. All early adopters had access to the GREATLY reduced price virtual console games. Instead of paying 6-7 dollars, we paid 30 cents each month.

I wouldn't mind an additional free game though ha ha.

SUCH GREED. Aren't you already getting Pikmin 3 for free?

• Thumbs Up 2

So I wonder what the time frame is like for this. Apparently they'll all be recalled by 18 June. So when will they be dropping the price and/or announcing the replacement for Basic (which would probably be a white Deluxe)? I was planning on getting a Wii U Basic sometime soon but it looks like this'll throw a bit of a wrench into the works :P

Probably next week in the Nintendo Direct, then I would assume it would take effect sometime near the end of June or in early July.

I'd be a bit miffed if us Basic set owners didn't get some sort of Ambassador progam as compensation.

Our model is becoming "obsolete", it's the least they could do.

Edited by Yоshi

Well Basic owners got the system cheaper, isn't that the bonus? Wouldn't this be like 360 Core (I think it was called) owners expecting something after that model seemed to be dissolved to make way for the Arcade version?

Hey I am an early adopter even though I just got it this week, as been saving, finaly got some constant work, and decided to make the leap, even though I am also still planning to track down some classic games this summer

At what point does a person cease to be an early adopter, and become a common or garden adopter?

Just found out that the Wii U does not support optical audio output. Welp, no surround sound for me I guess; I hope I'm not missing much.

The Wii U is a bit funny yeah, it doesn't support older Surround Sound systems. I wouldn't say you'll miss much, though. The sound quality is quite nice regardless.

I guess the Nintendo audience just doesn't give a shit about Soccer. Then again, their biggest market is the United States.

PES is not debuting on any next gen consoles. It's a PC, PS3, 360 and PSP title. Opportunity cost and all that.

Community Manager did make a huge tool out of himself on Twitter after someone gave him a bunch of heat for it though. It was kind of unprofessional.

PES is not debuting on any next gen consoles. It's a PC, PS3, 360 and PSP title. Opportunity cost and all that.

Community Manager did make a huge tool out of himself on Twitter after someone gave him a bunch of heat for it though. It was kind of unprofessional.

I know that, but my point was that it's not even appearing on Wii or 3DS. Sucks, because PES always got critically praised on Wii, due to better controls.

It's because the Wii couldn't handle the new engine.

Then why not bring it to the Wii U and allow the same controls from the Wii games?

• Thumbs Up 1

Then why not bring it to the Wii U and allow the same controls from the Wii games?

Makes you wonder with the removal of the Fifa series on Wii U that Konami could have scored BIG this holiday season with the PES series.

Most games weren't selling overall due to being rushed out, not as much effort as other versions, lack of advertising, and a lack of audience. Now with Nintendo pushing huge support on the Wii U very soon, I could see the audience rising and the market growing. It would be brilliant to take advantage of this situation to dominate the soccer market.

Reminds me of Battlefield 4. Call of Duty is the only shooter available on Wii U. People want BF4 but are left with no choice but to buy COD instead. Activision is taking those sales without any competition.

As a person who doesn't tend to like Football or FPS games, I'd love the challenge of making said games with the intent to put them on Nintendo systems (perhaps as well as other systems).

Then again I don't know the first thing people really want in a Football game (and any FPS I made would probably be more of a FPA game) and I suppose it doesn't help that companies like EA tend to buy up exclusive rights to use the real teams. I believe that something similar happened with Wrestling or some such, where a rival series existed that was cheaper and EA, or someone similar, bought up all the rights so the rival series didn't have much to sell itself on and so it went defunct.

It's a shame that series have to be squandered by publishers who don't want to do anything original and even stifle creativity to protect their monopoly.