Awoo.

SEGA's 2012 Plans?

gallantventurer

It didn't necessarily say that it would be a sequel/remake of the first game, though i wouldn't mind being able to play it on my 3DS, though its still possible that it'll be a totally new game. Though I'd be quite surprised if they left the PS3 and 360 out on it, so I guess a sequel/remake for the new generation of consoles would be fully welcomed (I'm hoping for a sequel so we can get more characters and unique courses in on this)

Edited by New Year's Cero

What I know for sure is that I don't want another rehash/unneeded remake - now of a racing game which came out just two years ago. So a reake? Hell no. A sequel? Maybe, if only they put more Sonic characters and tracks in it.

But it better be a fighting game.

I might be the only one who didn't find anything special in Sasasr. Just a little quick-cash game for a week or two. Nothing new, nothing special. Average game with no soul, IMO.

Edited by ArtFenix

Am I the only one who thinks that the logical conclusion doesn't have to be an Allstars Racing sequel but could just be another Allstars game?

What I know for sure is that I don't want another rehash/unneeded remake - now of a racing game which came out just two years ago. So a reake? Hell no. A sequel? Maybe, if only they put more Sonic characters and tracks in it.

But it better be a fighting game.

I might be the only one who didn't find anything special in Sasasr. Just a little quick-cash game for a week or two. Nothing new, nothing special. Average game with no soul, IMO.

I don't think it's a sequel, otherwise the PS3 and 360 wouldn't have been left out. The userbase of these consoles are far too large for these consoles to be left out. So it has to be a remixed version of All-Stars Racing of some sort. As what Barry sort of mentioned, they would want to bring ASR to every playable device.

Edited by Spice on the Starlight

I don't think it's a sequel, otherwise the PS3 and 360 wouldn't have been left out. The userbase of these consoles are far too large for these consoles to be left out. So it has to be a remixed version of All-Stars Racing of some sort. As what Barry sort of mentioned, they would want to bring ASR to every playable device.

But they would be left out all the same. There HAS to be something new, right? New characters, new tracks.. Then that means xbox/ps3 users won't get it => they will be left out.

Edited by ArtFenix

Maybe they're only releasing it for next-gen consoles. wacko.png

There doesn't have to be anything new. It's totally possible it's a just normal port with DLC added from the start.

Um actually guys, "aren't you worried" about the voice clips this game might use?

Eh, Jason > Roger, anyway. tongue.png

As long as it's post-2006.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 1

Awww, I was hoping for a fighting game..............

But a new SEGA and All-Stars racing is still cool! I'm okay with this.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Um actually guys, "aren't you worried" about the voice clips this game might use?

If it's the same clips from the Mario and Sonic at the London Olympic Games then yeah cause some of them are just awful. It has to be Roger's worst performance yet.

Anyway, I'm happy that Sega All Stars Racing might be getting another sequel. I really liked the first one so I'm okay with this.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 2

There's only one set of voice clips Im worried about

No announcer no buy

• Thumbs Up 2

There's only one set of voice clips Im worried about

No announcer no buy

We need a good announcer, we need...Ryan Seacrest.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe they're only releasing it for next-gen consoles. wacko.png

You got a point there, but if it is really a sequel, PC wouldn't have been left out. PC will always be with us, next gen after next gen.

Edited by Spice on the Starlight

You got a point there, but if it is really a sequel, PC wouldn't have been left out. PC will always be with us, next gen after next gen.

Maybe the PC version might be released later on, like the PC version of Sonic 4.

Maybe the PC version might be released later on, like the PC version of Sonic 4.

But this is Sumo Digital, not Sonic Team/Dimps. Anyway this is not an official announcement, anything can change between then and now. Let's hope it comes out on PS3, 360 and PC IF it's a sequel.

The 3DS, Wii-U & the Vita?

Bloody hell do they actually want to sell any copies? But then again if it's a remixed version, i.e. the same game with maybe a handful of extra characters and maybe one extra course theres no way they could sell it on the other consoles.. .. .. .. then again that doesn't stop Capcom.

Also there is one thing I don't quite get. The blurb mentions this..."Now working on another title for Sega on 3DS, VITA and WiiU." Hang on... there is a substancial drop in technical quality when you drop down from a Vita to the 3DS, let alone what the drop from the Wii-u to the 3DS is going to be... so by default isn't one version of this game going to look a bit crap?

But hey! The Wii-U finally has a game! Hooray!

An enhanced port of sequel of All-Stars Racing would be nice and all, but I'd like the next game in the Sega Superstars series more than anything.

Eh.. We'll see.

I'm honestly disappointed if it ends up being some sort of enhanced port.

I'm not even asking for a Sega Smash Bros., a proper ASR sequel or anything else would suffice. As it stands it's another port to be thrown into a pile of two consoles that already have too many ports of games in general and onto one console that needs some actual games shown off.

• Thumbs Up 3

So it's just a port/re-release or sequel to ASR for Wii U, 3DS, and Vita? Aw man...

*Sonic passes Shadow*

Shadow: You've got thisssssss, Sonic!

Fixed.

• Thumbs Up 6

A possible ASR sequel? SIGN ME UP! I greatly enjoyed the original ASR and would love to see what they could do for a sequel. Hopefully, we'll get representation from more Sega franchises this time around. I know that everyone would love to see Ristar.

Eh, Jason > Roger, anyway. tongue.png

As long as it's post-2006.

*High five*