Awoo.

SEGA's 2012 Plans?

gallantventurer

Looks like Dreadknux approved the story while I was at work then.

Here's the censored version of the screencap:

sumo-asr2.jpg

Dreadknux says he didn't think it was worth posting in the article as long as we made clear that we've checked everything over.

• Thumbs Up 7

More series represented, more variety in tracks, maybe something that ISN'T from Heroes on the Sonic side of things.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd love another level from Heroes, as long as it isn't Grand Metropolis. A level from Unleashed/Colours would be cool too.

My guess is that this is either going to be Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing 2, or it's going to be the next instalment in the SEGA Superstars (or SEGA All Stars, whatever they want to call it now) franchise.

I doubt it'll just be an enhanced port - although, of course it could be - but I couldn't possibly say what it will actually be.. If it's a direct sequel, then it'll be a racer, obviously. If not, it could be anything from a fighting game to a party game. Time will tell.

I hope the title is Just SEGA All Stars Something. Sonic and SEGA All Stars Something is too long. BTW Mario and Sonic at the winter olympic games is too long too. Especially when it's marketed for kids. Goddamnit.

My 8 year old sister has no problem with the name.

I doubt it'll just be an enhanced port - although, of course it could be - but I couldn't possibly say what it will actually be..

Why do you doubt that? To me that seems the most likely looking at which consoles it's on.

Yeah, some people was wondering is the Progressive commerical hints to another All Stars Racing game. :lol: Now people on the net will know why Sonic needs the insurance.

• Thumbs Up 1

....Oh my. xD WhiteandNerdy-Hedgehog's avatar fits perfectly with the above quote, LUL.

Also, it could also be a game wherein touch controls are needed; Vita, 3DS and Wii-U all have touch screens, remember? (Doesn't the Wii-U Tablet thing have a touch screen?)

(EDIT: come to think of it, they all have gyroscopes/motion controls too, but then you'd think they'd adapt for PS Move and Kinect somehow... o: )

Edited by Aptiva

Well the topic title is Sega's 2012 plans...

In the words of Albert Wesker in Weskers Report. "Then a new revelation..."

Sega has just opened a new studio here in England... it's task... making Vita specific games. The studio is called Hardlight and it's first project is 'a unique action adventure exclusive to Vita' but whats interesting is this line... "Made up of the ashes of the now defunct Sega Racing Team.' The game is due for release at the end of this year.

I don't think it is a Sonic game from that description, only it is a little interesting that Segas got a new studio thats dedicated to the vita...

Sonic Rivals... .. .

What? Who said that? Did you hear something...?

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 6

Hmm. Perhaps the Progressive commercial isn't coincidental! Oddly enough, Progressive did a similar advertising campaign when ModNation Racers reached its peak popularity, complete with free playable Flo DLC and miscellaneous other downloadable propaganda goodies promoting the insurance company.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shacknews.com has been in touch with SEGA about our Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing article.

A Sega spokesperson gave Shacknews an official "no comment" on the report.

So I wonder if they're gonna nerf Shadow? i remember him being pretty cheap, he could do tricks so fast and shit.

It was pretty much anyone on bikes really. For the same reason as MKW.

Anyone remember when people were screaming blue murder because people were convinced that if anyone picked Knuckles then there was no point in even trying because he was always winning... ... then suddenly people noticed Alex Kidd kept over taking him?

Ah they were fun days indeed.

Anyone remember when people were screaming blue murder because people were convinced that if anyone picked Knuckles then there was no point in even trying because he was always winning... ... then suddenly people noticed Alex Kidd kept over taking him?

Haha! And does everyone remember this?

That just reminded me one something else. Characters clones in ASR were really annoying. Knuckles = Amigo, Shadow = Alex Kidd. And then Sonic was exactly the same as AiAi, but with a stronger boost stat. There's lots of room for improvement with an ASR sequel.

• Thumbs Up 1

I fucking love Alex Kidd, I'm usually Alex Kidd or Dr. Eggman. (You better include them SEGA!)

The Oxford English Dictionary of Sega words

No: Confirmation. It's not happening. We are not doing the suggested. Examples are as follows, 'are you making a Sonic MMO?' 'Are you making a Knuckles game?' 'Are you making Dreamcast 2?' 'Are you making/any plans for Sonic Adventure 3.'

You forgot "Sonic Dimensions." =P

• 2 weeks later...

From the Sega Blog...

Summer of Sonic will be held in the London area on Saturday, July 7th. This will be the fifth anniversary of Summer of Sonic – and we’re determined to make it the biggest and best show yet! SoS is an all-day event that celebrates all aspects of the Sonic franchise. ‘Zoned’ areas offer a range of different activities – budding artists can sit down at the fan art tables and compete in competitions, speed runners can challenge each other at the retro gaming pods, and the latest Sonic titles are available for fans to try before they’re even released.

Games? As in... more than one?

Now... was that just a figure or speach... or have they let the kitty out of the bag? *speculation, it's a wonderful thing*