Awoo.

SEGA's 2012 Plans?

gallantventurer

I don't think I know how many times I've refreshed this thread as well as the front page.

I think I need to step away for a bit. The wait is killing me!

Maybe it'll be a fighting game, finally?

I had thought THQ only published Battle and Sonic Team developed it.

Ha! Right you are! (EDIT: Lol, you wiki'd it first) Thanks for the correction, I'd plus rep you, but I ran out, so I'll just add you to my list for tomorrow...

Seriously, you guys need to stop being funny.

Edited by BlazingTales

If it's a fighting game please let it be like Super Smash Bros, please! *crosses fingers*

• Thumbs Up 4

Just finished the article. It's waiting for approval now. I think bmn wants to check it over, just in case.

• Thumbs Up 1

lol all what it probably is, is someones facebook wall saying 'yes, we're making a new Sega All Stars game.' And yet I'm still excited!

I truly hope its a fighting game, can you at least say that its worth getting excited about?

Well, now I've learnt more, it's not as exciting as it was before because there are now two possible outcomes for what it is, and one is more exciting than the other. I'm leaning more on the side of it being the less exciting, but still cool one.

Well, now I've learnt more, it's not as exciting as it was before because there are now two possible outcomes for what it is, and one is more exciting than the other. I'm leaning more on the side of it being the less exciting, but still cool one.

When you say that... my mind instantly heads towards a sport sim, All Stars Football or something along those lines.

bmn's just spoke to me and says he would rather Dreadknux check out the story and decide whether or not it should go out because it appears the info was given in confidence and could possibly get us and the insider into bother. I agree with him and I probably should have thought about checking it with Dreadknux first myself. Sorry for all of this mess, guys :( I expect Dreadknux is in bed right now, so we may have to wait until later today to see what he decides.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm hoping for an SSB-styled fighting game, too. Makes the most sense to me. Racing 2 would be cool, though.

Hey guys, maybe Espio will be in!!! =D

*cries*

New Sega All-Stars?

Even if its a fighting game I would've prefered full Sonic fighing game. But if it has all Modern Sonic characters then I will be hyped. For now I am more hyped for Sonic 4. And that does say alot.

Probably All-Stars Racing Remixed. Since it's only coming to Vita, 3DS and Wii U. Oh well, now I have a reason to get the Vita.

I'll be the first (and maybe only) person to say I'm glad this most likely is another racer instead of a fighter. Fighting games are lame. Now a remix/port of the original ASR to 3DS and Wii U (not to bothered about the Vita) would be great. I never got the watered down 3DS version but have always wanted to play it on the go. A sequel though would be even better. More series represented, more variety in tracks, maybe something that ISN'T from Heroes on the Sonic side of things. Can't wait for whatever it is either way.

Cheers, Shadz!

Ristar better be a driver this time around >=(

*Gets old Ristar for SASASR badge ready*

RFSASASRADLC2.gif (minus the DLC part :-/)

Although, I think it's just a port. Maybe it will have the DLC from the get go.

Edited by MarcelloF

If this is real, how likely is it that it'll be a WiiU launch title? I'd love for it to be one of the launch games to get.

Yeah, given the recent iOS release and the arcade release, I saw a Vita and 3DS version coming. WiiU? Probably going to be the HD version with a few new additions, like SA:DX and SA2:Battle. Probably not enough to warrant a double dip.

However, if it IS worthy of a double dip, they might as well release it on 360 and PS3 as a budget release a la the rerelease of Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Call it Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: Championship Edition or something.

-----

As for a fighter, while it WOULD allow for characters from Shenmue, Virtua Fighter and Last Bronx to shine, it would probably end up being goofy and cartoony, focusing on non-fighter characters like Billy Hatcher. SEGA already has an awesome fighter in 2012:

May not have Sonic in it, but it had an insane amount of crazy costume parts including Ulala and SEGA consoles that strap to the character's backs.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, given the recent iOS release and the arcade release, I saw a Vita and 3DS version coming. WiiU? Probably going to be the HD version with a few new additions, like SA:DX and SA2:Battle. Probably not enough to warrant a double dip.

The Vita can share the Wii U version since it's a powerful handheld. I hope it does, because I'm not getting the Wii U.

...ROCK?

It's Heroes 2, guys. Totally calling it.

I'm one of the few people who would love to see a sequel to heroes. Even though I think it's a bit unneeded. But oh well.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

Ooh, 3DS Game, and a Wii-U Game as well? SEGA does feel bad about not releasing any games on Nintendo systems lately. (Well Vita isn't Nintendo, but still, there's more Nintendo systems mentioned in there.)