Awoo.

SEGA's 2012 Plans?

gallantventurer

Not heard anything back yet. As much as I hate doing so, I think I'm going to just post it up now and update it with anything new I may get. I was also waiting to hear whether the tipster would like us to credit his name or keep it secret. He did end the e-mail with his first name and no online tag, so maybe I should just go with that? I think the inside person's e-mail message he's passed on would know it was him from the news he's sent to me anyway XD

Will have it up on TSS soon.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II (Early 2012)

Sonic Wii-U (Late 2012)

SEGA All-Stars (Insert Sport/Activity Here) (Mid-2012)

Third Storybook Game (Late 2012)

Multi-platform Sonic Game (Mid-2013)

New Mario & Sonic Title (Late 2013)

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode III (Mid-2013)

New Sonic 3DS Title (Early 2013)

Sega Genesis Collection Wii-U (Mid-2013)

Sonic Colors Sequel (Early 2014)

New Sonic Spin-Off (Early 2014)

Sonic Chronicles 2 (Early 2014)

Edited by WhiteandNerdy-Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II (Early 2012)

Sonic Wii-U (Late 2012)

SEGA All-Stars (Insert Sport/Activity Here) (Mid-2012)

Third Storybook Game (Late 2012)

Multi-platform Sonic Game (Mid-2013)

New Mario & Sonic Title (Late 2013)

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode III (Mid-2013)

New Sonic 3DS Title (Early 2013)

Sega Genesis Collection Wii-U (Mid-2013)

Sonic Colors Sequel (Early 2014)

New Sonic Spin-Off (Early 2014)

Sonic Chronicles 2 (Early 2014)

Sonic Colors already has a sequel. It's called Sonic Generations.

Edited by MarcelloF

Sonic Colors already has a sequel. It's called Sonic Generations.

Chronologically.

And gameplay-wise.

Unleashed, Colors and Generations all have the same gameplay and all three are completely different games (Story-wise). I'm talking about a "True-spirited" Sonic Colors sequel, not the next Sonic game.

...Ugh, this is pointless. Never mind.

It's not pointless. You just have to actually explain what you want instead of thinking someone will know by you saying "Sonic Colors 2"

If it's the Wisps you want to return, I can already say they won't be back,

It's not pointless. You just have to actually explain what you want instead of thinking someone will know by you saying "Sonic Colors 2"

If it's the Wisps you want to return, I can already say they won't be back,

A sequel to Sonic Colors that Sonic Team purposely creates to be a Sonic Colors sequel with the same gameplay techniques and Color gameplay (Which is basically the Wisps) as the original title.

Oh, cool. The tipster has just e-mailed me back a few minutes ago and said he will get me a screen cap tomorrow. Maybe I should hold off on posting the news until then?

EDIT:

He's just said he'd like to remain anon, as he thinks his insider friend may get pissed off XD

• Thumbs Up 3

I dunno. I'd like to know what it's about now, but it's possible he's lying about giving screens tomorrow to hold you off. Just look at what happened at SEGABits.

Not to sound rude... but why did he tell you he'll take it tomorrow? Wouldn't taking a screencap and sending it to you take, like, a couple seconds...?

That's what I thought. I've asked him if there's any chance he could do it now while I'm writing up the post, since I'm at work all day tomorrow.

*Taps fingers waiting for a reply* Really don't want to post this if it's going to turn out to be some prank.

Then don't just wait until the screen cap arrives, otherwise don't bother. Sonic Dimensions (fake) has caused too much drama from nothing, no need for something else to.

Don't worry if it's a prank. You can put it under conditional rumor or something and say that you're looking into it. :D

Edited by Indigo Rush

Woah! Shit! I got a better response than I was expecting. Got 2 screencaps of the Facebook chat: one complete with the developer's photo and name, and one with that censored for use in my news post. I've researched said developer and it all checks out. Will have the story up on TSS asap.

Looks like this is definitely legit.