Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

Yeah, that import price is a bitch. Conversion rates would make it cost anywhere from 80-100 USD, if it's priced at 50 or 60 GBP/EUR that is.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Does the UK have access to the Jazwares Toys?

Yes, we have access to quite a few of them. And more are on their way actually. Not all of them, but quite a lot.

And you know what else? There's no "balancing it out" or "being fair". When it comes to product availability, things should be available to as wide an audience as possible. In this case, it isn't possible (or whatever) for an NA release. People will be upset.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

screenshot20110907at602.png

Well at least they know...unsure.png I just hope that if Soa doesn't change their mind they have some kind of special edition planned themselves.

Anyway, If nothing changes I guess I'll be in the market for finding someone to help me get this baby over to America too!

People are issuing death threats to the Sega Blog staff?

What the fuck is wrong with some people!?

• Thumbs Up 7

*facepalm* death threats? Are you kidding me? Sometimes I find it disturbing of what sonic can do to people's minds.

I kinda saw this coming..

I myself don't mind, as the content will fly on Youtube anyway and plenty of people who couldn't purchase the stuff will be able to view it free of charge anyway, but I can understand some of the RAEG. The way I see it though, I don't think it's a problem at all if Sega of America has something different up their sleeve. For example, perhaps instead of a box set, the US special edition will come in a tin with free XBL or PSN downloads for past Sonic games, or will come packaged with a different selection of music, or maybe some promotional art cards. I don't know, something to make it a bit less unbalanced, with one side of the world getting limited and collector's editions and the other getting nothing but the standard edition.

Myself, I'm not bothered, because if it truly comes down to it, I might just import it (once there's a reliable site that lists it and can ship it to where I live in the US, of course), but still, importing shit's expensive as hell.

Also, death threats? Really?

FAIL-sonic-forever-16796933-600-519.jpg

Edited by Classic EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wish I was cool enough to send death threats to SEGA staff.

LOL! and i reached likes limit for the day.

I am cool that i sent a tweet at SEGA asking for a Generations copy? :D

Youtube

Oh no... .. ...

*Dares to look up the following "Sonic generations collectors edition* and set the filter for most recent videos... theres bound to be some shinning examples of calm and maturity there... right?

Oh no... .. ...

*Dares to look up the following "Sonic generations collectors edition* and set the filter for most recent videos... theres bound to be some shinning examples of calm and maturity there... right?

I'm waiting to see a certain "fan" in a black hoodie bellowing GRIFFITH "SEGA" as loud as he can at his webcam in unadulterated anger.

.....a popcorn picture would go here if that meme wasn't so fucking overdone.

Edited by Classic EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

So far the videos are quite calm... the majority are just the PR picture with random soundtrack (Seriously whats the point in those videos?) There is one guy (I think he's American) who has reviewed it, and he's actually quite calm.

Edit: Oh wait...

screenshot20110907at602.png

Well at least they know...unsure.png I just hope that if Soa doesn't change their mind they have some kind of special edition planned themselves.

Anyway, If nothing changes I guess I'll be in the market for finding someone to help me get this baby over to America too!

Wait kellie responded to my post *checks again* Cool.

Also WTF, a few down some guy threatens to rape her...

@ Cas:Haha, I'm watching the same video right now tongue.png

Some of the comments are beyond stupid...

people i live in in europe but honestly guys lets not get ourselves too excited over this. i mean, you would probably look through the book once, barely watch the CDs which are documentaries, the figurines will just stand there doing nothing in your room and the big box you will throw away eventually. the actual game is what matters. and you would be able to download DLC anyway. so relax.
And it's not even full of raeg! Edited by Blue Blood

Let us remember that children are allowed to use the internet, and children tend to write stupid nonsense. I assume these are the majority of people making horrible comments on the SEGA blog.

Thank god I didn't have the internet when I was a kid.

Wait wait hold up. Somebody is now sending rape threats? Ugh, these fans make me sick to my fucking stomach.

OMG. Just read that. That is utterly disgraceful. :(

Wait wait hold up. Somebody is now sending rape threats? Ugh, these fans make me sick to my fucking stomach.

Sickening. I'm disappointed by the exclusivity as well but some people take things way too far. Absolutely disgusting.

The comment in question...

Kellie I am aware that there is peoeple cussing but its neccessary and there is just no need for u screwing over usa as a fanbase we double the size of stupid uk *profanities removed*.

Bloody hell. The comment is bad enough without the part I deleted really. SEGA Forums may be full of immature folk, but the blogs are another matter altogether.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

You're joking ri... *looks* you're not joking...

.. .. ...

I know he's trolling.. ... at least I hope he is... I wouldn't be suprised if he's a member here... so I'll just say this.

Some of you already know this, but I'll say it again anyway... Back when I was staff, I had this idea, but never suggested it, it was called 'the superban' it was around the time that we were trying to get everyone to be a 'community' instead of "This is our website, nothing exists outside of our website" kind of mentality. What the superban would mean would be that, if someone did something that was completely out of order, like we're talking levels like death threats or physically attacking someone (meetups) you know the things you don't expect people to happen. If someone did that, the superban would mean that they would not just be banned from the website they usually freequented, it would be every Sonic fan site, well the main ones at the time.

But obviously, theres a lot of problems with this. Some sites are more laxed than others with rules and their approach with people who break the rules, also it means a lot of 'admin' work on all sites concerned. You could probably do something similar on SSMB as a whole, just encourage everyone to put that person on ignore... but you'd need to know who they were first.

The thing is... stuff like that, death threats (remember when Roger Craig Smith got them less than an hour after they announced he was Sonics new VA?) Threattening to rape someone, racism... I don't know about anyone else... but... I don't particually want to associate myself with that kind of person. I don't want to know you and I don't want to help you out if you genually wanted one of these. Theres no excuse for stuff like that, I don't care how angry or upset you are, you don't say or make threats like that, regardless as to how unlikely you are to ever carry them out.

Well thats me off my podium... continue to talk about... whatever it is we were talking about... ... oh goody... youtube videos...

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's the rape threat post:

stfu jix u lil quil fucking faggot go shove some fucking hentai quils up ur ass I going to fucking rape her ass if there is no usa edition so stfu lil ass kiss faggot from anal stadium with modernists who enjoy dbz rip offs with huge quils u fucking fag.

Feel bad for poor Kellie. She's just the messenger. But even then, no-one at SEGA should be getting threats like this over some Sonic merchandise.

Feel bad for poor Kellie. She's just the messenger. But even then, no-one at SEGA should be getting threats like this over some Sonic merchandise.

Actually that was one of a few. That's just the one with the horrible grammar...

Also Hogfather, you should know by now, there is nothing else beside the Sonic Stadium. Nothing exists outside this forum, NOTHING

*quote*

There's two of them? Eesh.

Back to lighter matters- what's your favourite part of the collection? I thought it's be the figure hands down, but to be honest I absolutely love the box and the ring is something special.

The degree of anonymity the internet provides allows people to think they can issue threats like that without consequence, it's been like that for every questionable news story such as this. It's certainly not excusable, but at the same time, I'm not really that shocked that there are messages like this.

Best we can do is hope SEGA looks beyond these scathing comments and see that there is a modestly large fanbase in the US wanting this special edition as well, so that they might consider issuing them here.

My favorite part of the bundle has to be the ring and the documentary. The ring looks amazing and I'm a huge sucker for kooky history lessons that the documentary would provide.

Edited by Razor Wind