Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

I know I'm alittle late but the death threats and other personal attacks towards the SEGA staff members is pretty disgusting :\ I'm disappointed that the special edition isn't coming out for the US either but people go so far as to threaten to rape one of the staff members? It's embarrassing to be a part of this fanbase sometimes. I'm just going to wait until they release something for the US. They're not going to forget about us are they?

• Thumbs Up 1

Only available in Australia and Europe?!

Sega, Sonic Team...you suck SOO HARD right now, it's un-fucking-believable. And I was really looking forward to this and have been wait SO long for something like this, and you give me the middle finger and short the US out.

You're lucky I still plan on getting the game, but you would've gotten SO much of my money that you're complete dumbasses for the time being.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 7

The collector's edition isn't coming over here? ...eh, that's alright. I don't need all that stuff. I just want to play the game. I do sympathize those who'd want it though....only the sane ones though. I know I'm a bit late in commenting this, but...threatening to rape one of the SEGA Blog Staff...just...wow...

I wouldn't go as far and insane as to rape one of the Blog staff, but still...WHAT PRICK FUCKING DECIDED TO RELEASE IT ONLY FOR AUSTRALIA AND EUROPE?!

The one time I get a chance like this and they're like "Nup. F**k you, North America!"

...okay, obviously they didn't say or meant any of that, but still. A 20 year milestone and only two continents get it where as one of their largest groups of fans get laid off. Fuck, I can't express how pissed off that makes me.

I really hope they change that at some point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey hey now guys, I know it totally suck for the people in the US.

But in all honesty, I think it has to do with Europe being Sonic's biggest fanbase(or just being a lot more popular in PAL regions).

That being said, it would've been nice if it got a worldwide release, or a specific one for each reason.

But keep your heads up the games not out yet, as small as a chance there is, that chance still exist does it not?

And I know some might not want to go through the expenses of importing(sadly as a die hard fan, I MUST GIVE SEGA MY MONEY).

In the end, we'll all hopefully, be enjoying the same game.

Well it is very disappointing that the US is not getting this special edition..but my question is when SA2 came out the US got a special edtion of the game with the gold coin and the SA2 soundtrack, did all the countries get the same thing or was there different things for different regions? Maybe they will do the same for this anniversary like Europe getting that and Japan and US getting something else

I'm pissed that people keep trying to explain this away. Had it been NA only, many of you wouldn't be as content as you are, nor would it have been right for NA fans to try and offer up excuses where none need apply. Every region deserves this because it marks an event in the franchise that's insanely special, and the fact that specific branches are denying many fans from easily attaining this is simply a bitch move, plain and simple. I'll certainly live if I can't get my hands on it, but I don't like this decision one fucking bit, and none of the attempts at placating me and others are helping.

[The SA2 birthday pack was JP only, iirc.]

• Thumbs Up 3

The birthday was was Japan only, and nowhere else got anything of interest. SEGA didn't announce anything for NA yet because there's nothing special going to be released there.

Just got my pre-order in for the Xbox 360 version. I can't wait :D I was expecting a much higher price than that.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why buy the game? Can't you watch it through your computer monitor? Which is a TV screen AMARITE? FOR FREE you wouldn't even have to spend a dime on the game/

The documentary is a videogame?

Don't be numb here, it's not novelty stuff if you think looking at it through a screen is the same thing as owning it *sigh*.

You do know that the artwork that's in the artbook was probably put onto a computer and then printed out, right?

No, but you made that statement so you could feel better about not purchasing it therefore you mentally undermined its value,

The Statute and the box that this comes pretty much sells this thing. Everything else is awesome but not as big of a deal as the statute.

Haha what in the sticky motherfuck are you talking about? I never said the 360 version wasn't region free, if it is, that's freakin great for 360 importers. Hope some of them feel the same way I do, I was just speaking for me personally, did you really take that as me taking a shot at the 360? Wow... just wow bro.

So is it or is it not? I wouldn't know. Underwise I wouldn't have asked.

I'm not acting like anyone, you're just being over defensive.

Not really. I'm just happy it exists in the first place.

I don't know how me having a different opinion than you means I send death threats to SEGA. Nice logic, and I'm the irrational one lol.

If you're importing this, why would you be sending death threats to SEGA?

99€..

It's a bit expensive in my opinion. For this content anyway.

There are other Collectors Editions for other games for the same price and they are definitely worth it.

I actually know a game where you can save 20€ if you buy the collectors edition. rolleyes.gif

I really expected with max. 80€.

Need help guys. I want to pre-order too. I need an amazon account right? and it has Greece in there? anyone can answer please?

GAME in Spain is offering the Collector's Edition for € 129'95

http://www.sonicpara...la-edicion.html

It doesn't appear to be on their website yet, though.

http://www.game.es/default.aspx

Need help guys. I want to pre-order too. I need an amazon account right? and it has Greece in there? anyone can answer please?

• Thumbs Up 1

GAME in Spain is offering the Collector's Edition for € 129'95

http://www.sonicpara...la-edicion.html

It doesn't appear to be on their website yet, though.

http://www.game.es/default.aspx

I think you do need to make an account to order on Amazon, yes.

It says here that they deliver video games to Greece smile.png

http://www.amazon.co...8&nodeId=524836

• Thumbs Up 1

Yikes. The price really is the worst of my estimate.

And Amazon? Awww gez... .. .. I hope it appears somewhere else.

Well my pre-order is in, why Amazon do you not offer free delivery (i'm aware that they have that super saver thing yet I actually want to recieve the item). but if it appears somewhere else, lol cancel time.

Oh hello.... Whats this I spy?

sonicgen1.jpg

sonicgen2.jpg

MIGHTY APE SHIP WORLDWIDE!

FOR XBOX 360 TOO!

(Not tried to order myself, but theres nothing on the listings that say they won't ship to the USA, might be worth looking into if you live in the USA and really really want one.)

Those prices are in NEW ZELAND dollars. NOT Australian dollars. There is a HUGE world of difference.

£85 is a lot. But worth it? Definitely. I'm kind of hoping that GAME stock it too. When products are new, I prefer ordering from them.

Mighty Ape has updated. It looks like the Limited Edition there is just the Special Edition we have in Europe. They also say the Collector's Edition is limited in stock.

http://www.mightyape...chButton=Search

EDIT:

Woops. Hogfather beat me to it XD I really shouldn't reply before refreshing when leaving tabs for a while.