Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

£85 is a lot. But worth it? Definitely. I'm kind of hoping that GAME stock it too. When products are new, I prefer ordering from them.

I'm not, that's 135 USD, that's a lot for just a special edition, add that into shipping prices and that's probably around $200 or so. Goddamn it Sega, you're not getting all of my money, I need it too, just sell it in the US too, its not hard.

Edited by Shadic93

I'm not, that's 135 USD, that's a lot for just a special addition, add that into shipping prices and that's probably around $200 or so. Goddamn it Sega, you're not getting all of my money, I need it too, just sell it in the US too, its not hard.

It's very steep sure, but for what we're getting I can't say it's a bad price. A very nice, exclusive figure and the ring which I assume is in glass. The latter should be quite expensive and the cost is definitely warranted.

This is the best CE any Sonic game has ever gotten. Not that there's been many before, but you know what I mean. It's fantastic. They're gone all out for it and it's a shame so many people will have to resort to huge costs to get it.

It's very steep sure, but for what we're getting I can't say it's a bad price. A very nice, exclusive figure and the ring which I assume is in glass. The latter should be quite expensive and the cost is definitely warranted.

This is the best CE any Sonic game has ever gotten. Not that there's been many before, but you know what I mean. It's fantastic. They're gone all out for it and it's a shame so many people will have to resort to huge costs to get it.

See you guys got it easy, stupid exchange rate. Anywho I wouldn't the price so much if I didn't have to buy a PS3 as well, so that's another $200-$300, if it goes down to 50 pounds, then I'll consider getting it, but as of now until I bust my ass off at my job, that CE is just a pipe dream for me.

See you guys got it easy, stupid exchange rate. Anywho I wouldn't the price so much if I didn't have to buy a PS3 as well, so that's another $200-$300, if it goes down to 50 pounds, then I'll consider getting it, but as of now until I bust my ass off at my job, that CE is just a pipe dream for me.

Ah well. Here's hoping you can pick it up at some point down the line. Like, people all over the world have the SA2 birthday pack and that only saw a Japanese release.

*sigh* I preordered it for the PS3. I'm going to have a crapload of versions of this game; the 360 version for my little bro, the PS3 version with all the special crap for me, and possibly the PC version so I can play all of the DLC shit. AND I was considering getting a 3DS for the 3DS version.. dammit Sega. Stop molesting my wallet.

Edited by Classic EXshad

Ah well. Here's hoping you can pick it up at some point down the line. Like, people all over the world have the SA2 birthday pack and that only saw a Japanese release.

Its, I'll just cry myself to sleep every night knowing that I'll never have it, and that Sega hate Americans.

Nah, its cool, as much as I want it, I'm satisfied just getting the game.

Just noticed the EU November 4th release date has been officially confirmed via a press release about the Collector's Edition in SEGA's Press Vault.

An Australian version of that press release has confirmed a November 3rd release for that territory.

http://ozboxlive.com/2011/09/08/press-release-sonic-generations/

• Thumbs Up 1

If I oder from Amazon UK with my credit card, I'm not charged until it's shipped, right?

Is anyone able to explain this oddity? This screenshot is from SEGA's Press site. They've got both Germany and FRG (Federal Repubic of Germany) listed separately. But like... FRG is Germany. It's like listing UK and United Kingdom as different things.

frgandgermany.png

I'd like to say one is for German speaking countries, like Austria, who don't use USK and only have PEGI, but then the one listed as FRG would have the USK version and not the other way around....

Why buy the game? Can't you watch it through your computer monitor? Which is a TV screen AMARITE? FOR FREE you wouldn't even have to spend a dime on the game/biggrin.png

Too bad this logic is stupid. Playing a game and watching a video are two different things, you know?

Edited by MarcelloF

If I oder from Amazon UK with my credit card, I'm not charged until it's shipped, right?

They won't charge until it's despatched, no. It's available at Amazon.de. Wouldn't it be cheaper for you to get it there, since you live in Germany and all?

*sigh* I preordered it for the PS3. I'm going to have a crapload of versions of this game; the 360 version for my little bro, the PS3 version with all the special crap for me, and possibly the PC version so I can play all of the DLC shit. AND I was considering getting a 3DS for the 3DS version.. dammit Sega. Stop molesting my wallet.

I feel the same way (and will probably also buy a 3DS.) And I'll probably end up buying the special version as well. (maybe sell the regular version, IDK.)

They won't charge until it's despatched, no. It's available at Amazon.de. Wouldn't it be cheaper for you to get it there, since you live in Germany and all?

Eh, only a few Euro. I don't want the giant USK symbol on it.

I want to order the thing as soon as possible, but I can't put money on my credit card until October, after my birthday. >_>

I feel the same way (and will probably also buy a 3DS.) And I'll probably end up buying the special version as well. (maybe sell the regular version, IDK.)

In a sense, I was kinda kidding; I probably won't get a 3DS for a loooooong time for example, and I'll probably skip the 360 version. However, I might have jumped the gun a bit early on this; I just wanted to get my order in before it was too late, plus the PS3 is the only way I can really play the game immediately, since I see my dad (who has the 360) only a few times per month. However, I really wanna know IF a PC version does exist, and if it's coming in the near future, maybe with its own special edition. If it was, heck, I might just cancel the PS3 order and get it on Steam. The only reason I ordered it was because, again, I wanted to preorder a version I could actually play, and the Collector's Edition seems like a damn good excuse. But if Sega is gonna announce a PC version, dammit, I wanna know about it, darn it!

Edited by Classic EXshad

I dont remember if Amazon always had this odd relase date but they list both strategy guide adn game itself for 30th November. They will probably change it tho. Question is will it change for strategy guide? I want to order it but I dont want for it to delay game for me so I will probably order them separately. CE with Express delivery (2-4 days to Poland) and strategy guide with Normal delivery (9-10 days)

Eh, only a few Euro. I don't want the giant USK symbol on it.

This. I paid about €15 extra so I didn't get the icky USK making on Colours

I want to order the thing as soon as possible, but I can't put money on my credit card until October, after my birthday. >_>

Worry not. They don't check your card until they're getting ready to dispatch it.

Question to UK guys: Do strategy guides for games in your country relase at actuall relase date for game?

I'm asking cause we dont get much strategy guides here.

This. I paid about €15 extra so I didn't get the icky USK making on Colours

Worry not. They don't check your card until they're getting ready to dispatch it.

When usually they dispatch it? 1 week before the release date?

When usually they dispatch it? 1 week before the release date?

More like 2 or even one day before. Distributor's has deadline for 1 day before relase but if we are lucky it can be there 2 days before.

Question to UK guys: Do strategy guides for games in your country relase at actuall relase date for game?

I'm asking cause we dont get much strategy guides here.

Most of the time they do.

But strategy guides are usually shit. The last guide I ever bought was Borderlands... and it was close to completely pointless, they usually contain 'just the bare minimum' of detail in them, they normally lack all easter egg info as well as even the most basic secrets information.

Oh actually I tell a lie... the last guide I got was Fallout New Vegas, the collectors edition, it was an... ok guide... but due to how bug heavy Fallout NV was I still had to look up the wiki for potential bugs. It wasn't a bad guide, but it still lacked information that I really could have used.

• Thumbs Up 1

More like 2 or even one day before. Distributor's has deadline for 1 day before relase but if we are lucky it can be there 2 days before.

I see so if i want to cancel my order because someone here in my country has it i have a deadline 3 days before the release of the game(just to be safe).

Most of the time they do.

But strategy guides are usually shit. The last guide I ever bought was Borderlands... and it was close to completely pointless, they usually contain 'just the bare minimum' of detail in them, they normally lack all easter egg info as well as even the most basic secrets information.

Oh actually I tell a lie... the last guide I got was Fallout New Vegas, the collectors edition, it was an... ok guide... but due to how bug heavy Fallout NV was I still had to look up the wiki for potential bugs. It wasn't a bad guide, but it still lacked information that I really could have used.

Thanks. I wont buy it then. The only SG I saw here was GTAIV one. It was to short for such game IMO. So thanks anyway, So I will just order CE.

I see so if i want to cancel my order because someone here in my country has it i have a deadline 3 days before the release of the game(just to be safe).

It depends. Personally I would search local stores 2 weeks before relase. If they dont have it then dont cancel your order. I doubt anything new will show up 2 weeks before relase.

Edited by HUNTER297
  • Thumbs Up 1

I remember an incident where a strategy guide came a few days early and ruined a lot of the surprise for a game. Can't remember which, I just remember a lot of talk. But I've seen other games with guides before release like Zelda TP. Or maybe it was that game xD

Sometimes they're nic, like the MGS 3 one. Had like 10 pages recounting the story of the whole series, character profiles, a poster and more. Made me want to go out and get more of them, despite never needing them. Heck I got the guide for MGS 3 after I beat the game and only because it was on sale for 5€ (Instead of 15€). I was pleasantly surprised.

Edited by MarcelloF

Some strategy guides come a few days prior to the game's release.

Sometimes they're nic, like the MGS 3 one. Had like 10 pages recounting the story of the whole series, character profiles, a poster and more. Made me want to go out and get more of them, despite never needing them. Heck I got the guide for MGS 3 after I beat the game and only because it was on sale for 5€ (Instead of 15€). I was pleasantly surprised.

I will wait for opinions about it and then order it. If it has stuff like Character profiles etc. its instant buy for me.

Thanks. I wont buy it then. The only SG I saw here was GTAIV one. It was to short for such game IMO. So thanks anyway, So I will just order CE.

It depends. Personally I would search local stores 2 weeks before relase. If they dont have it then dont cancel your order. I doubt anything new will show up 2 weeks before relase.

Thanks HUNTER. I will do that. Gonna pre-order and wait to see if a local store will bring it over here. I already send a msg through facebook to one of my big local stores to give them a nudge, ;)

I will call them too when i see putting Sonic Generations standard edition on their website.

After some detective work, I'm wondering on the size of the statue. I'd assume it would be about the same size as the 15th anniversary figure, but I'm not too sure. The Duke Nukem Bust that was included in the Balls of Steel edition appeared to be rather large, as seen here

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/02/dnf-balls-of-steel-na-530w.jpg

But in reality, the released version was around 4 inches. Looking at the box sizes featured in both the Sonic CE and DN:BoSE, I'd say they were the same, meaning the statue will be around the same size, maybe a little bit bigger. The ring looks like it's about the size of a paper weight, but now it may be the size of a figure accessory. If this is correct, I can see this dropping in price to around £69.99/£74.99

I'll still pay whatever price that want for it though :P

After some detective work, I'm wondering on the size of the statue. I'd assume it would be about the same size as the 15th anniversary figure, but I'm not too sure. The Duke Nukem Bust that was included in the Balls of Steel edition appeared to be rather large, as seen here

http://www.blogcdn.c...eel-na-530w.jpg

But in reality, the released version was around 4 inches. Looking at the box sizes featured in both the Sonic CE and DN:BoSE, I'd say they were the same, meaning the statue will be around the same size, maybe a little bit bigger. The ring looks like it's about the size of a paper weight, but now it may be the size of a figure accessory. If this is correct, I can see this dropping in price to around £69.99/£74.99

I'll still pay whatever price that want for it though tongue.png

I hope it's big. 4 inches would be a bit disappointing.

Speaking of price drops, Amazon will notify me if they drop the price, right?

Edited by MarcelloF