Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

Hah, a Ring, History Artbook and DVD etc.... I remember people suggesting that stuff at the Sega Forums.

Edited by Blue Blood

WHY SEGA?! WHY MUST EUROPE GET ALL THE SPECIAL EDITIONS? Anyways, with that out of the way, the ring looks like a sweet bonus, and I would love to get my hands on that version, but alas, I have 360 and already pre-ordered from gamestop. I seriously hope they have a US special edition as well.

At first I was bummed out but then I realized something.

Art book encompassing 20 years of Sonic history

Someone will probably scan it

Collectible Figurine

Pretty much sells the whole thing. If they could sell it in stores along with the Jazware toys.

Commemorative Gold Ring, individually numbered

Eh....it's kinda of cool

20th Anniversary Soundtrack

Is this going to be different from those other 2 Soundtracks that were revealed? Or are they the soundtracks in this edition?

History of Sonic: Birth of an Icon" Documentary

I expect someone to put this on YouTube

Bonus DLC

Already available in the US

Plus, you still have to wait 3 days after the US to get this.

However, if there is contest or something where you can get this or if the US gets this later, I'll get this.

OMG!!!! JUST SAW THE NEWS :DDDDD

*deep breath*

Thank you Sega! First day buy. I'm paying anything for this!

Just name the price Sega and the stores that i can order the it!

*Looks at fro* What if they said...$600. (Someone uh do that thing you do)

Eh....Sega you won't do this. Right? xD

Oh, i don't care....Sonic's 20th anniversary and collectors edition is one time. I will SELL MY SOUL to get this!!!

At first I was bummed out but then I realized something.

Art book encompassing 20 years of Sonic history

Someone will probably scan it

Have fun adding .png's to your collection.

Collectible Figurine

Pretty much sells the whole thing. If they could sell it in stores along with the Jazware toys.

Won't be sold in stores.

Commemorative Gold Ring, individually numbered

Eh....it's kinda of cool

It's very unique as well. Individually numbered gold ring in a glass block.

20th Anniversary Soundtrack

Is this going to be different from those other 2 Soundtracks that were revealed? Or are they the soundtracks in this edition?

For the record, neither of those two soundtracks are the Generations soundtracks. Dunno what this one is. New or not, it's still nice to own the real thing.

History of Sonic: Birth of an Icon" Documentary

I expect someone to put this on YouTube

Again, you can't exactly put a link to YouTube in your collection.

Bonus DLC

Already available in the US

The only valid point.

Plus, you still have to wait 3 days after the US to get this.

However, if there is contest or something where you can get this or if the US gets this later, I'll get this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, you can't exactly put a link to YouTube in your collection.

Favorites says "Hi".

Also, there are documentaries on YouTube that talk about how Sonic was created.

Favorites says "Hi".

Also, there are documentaries on YouTube that talk about how Sonic was created.

A physical collection that you actually own. You can't add a YT video to that, nor scans and what not. If you're a collector or otherwise want this stuff, there is no substitute.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

A physical collection that you actually own. You can't add a YT video to that, nor scans and what not. If you're a collector or otherwise want this stuff, there is no substitute.

Who says you can't download YouTube videos and put them on CDs?

1. Person gets the Special Edition

2. Copies Documentary and scans Artbook onto computer

3. Downloads copies of the info onto seperate CDs

4. Send them overseas/Youtube Video

5. US Fans profit

I really wasn't expecting this to come to the UK. I'm going to have to postpone buying some games to have the money for this. I hope it pops up for pre-order soon, as I bet the supply of this will be extremely limited.

How much will we rage if this becomes an Argos exclusive in the UK, like Sonic Colours' pre-order gift was? XD

I'm pretty sure Sonic Colours was like one of the VERY few times Argos has ever tried doing preorder bonuses that wasn't something generalised or already in the box with the game. Since then I've not heard em try a preorder bonus exclusive to them again and I think the mess with Colours was enough to suggest to SEGA that Argos is in no way suited to deal with something like this.

IMO those other limited editions big games tend to get tend to be in relatively good number long as you preorder with enough time, I actually am in America when Generations comes out - so gonna have to hope the announce some retailers for the Collectors Ed in the next week or two D: (or ask parents really nicely to pick it up for me...)

5. US Fans profit

Which is ultimately as good downloading ROMs to a flashcart and adding to your collection. It's not the same at all. There's no substitute for the real thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Which is ultimately as good downloading ROMs to a flashcart and adding to your collection. It's not the same at all. There's no substitute for the real thing.

5. US Fans profit

• Thumbs Up 5

Do you... actually understand the point in owning a collectors edition?

Yes, although I don't see a point in me being mad that I can't get it since I don't live in the UK.

SOLD!

>Not for US

Oh well I guess I'm not sold. Well thanks for nothing Sega of America. Guess we're not cool enough cats for a collectors edition. :(

There is not saving money when it comes to collecting. If you're fine with it, then good for. I know I wouldn't be, and nor would many others.

What do you have to mad about?

You can go to your gamestore and get it.

Edited by STrainer

What do you have to mad about?

You can go to your gamestore and get it.

I'm not mad at all, matey. In fact, I'm thrilled and count myself as very lucky to have this opportunity. What I'm doing is explaining to you why people are going to be mad. They have every reason to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not mad at all, matey. In fact, I'm thrilled and count myself as very lucky to have this opportunity. What I'm doing is explaining to you why people are going to be mad. They have every reason to be.

Which people? The Collectors who live in the UK or the Collectors who can import?

I'm fairly certain SoA will do something for the American fans, I'll be horribly surprised if theres not some collectors ed as good (if not better!) coming to US shores. As they normally get more elaborate preorder goodies - surely the market is out there for it?

Just you watch, in a few days they'll announce something for the US region - might not be exactly the same package but I'm sure there will be something, for now nobody can preorder this thing anyway - gotta sit and wait for the retailers to sort out if they want to order units of this thing and how much for, so we're all playing the waiting game right now...

Which people? The Collectors who live in the UK or the Collectors who can import?

Everyone who has to pay extra to import or can't afford to import.

Everyone who has to pay extra to import or can't afford to import.

Does the UK have access to the Jazwares Toys?