Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

Here's the rape threat post:

Feel bad for poor Kellie. She's just the messenger. But even then, no-one at SEGA should be getting threats like this over some Sonic merchandise.

A ban is not enough. Get the law on this prick and bang him up!

Feel bad for poor Kellie. She's just the messenger. But even then, no-one at SEGA should be getting threats like this over some Sonic merchandise.

Oh...that's Sonic1 (aka MariotehPlumber) from the SEGA Forums...no offence but he's ill, don't pay any attention to him. Also, how the heck did his comment get approved?? This guy needs a good African spanking. cool.png

Edited by KrazyBean14

This is so wrong. Trolling or not this is going waaaaaay to far. *sigh* i feel bad for poor Kellie...no, not just Kellie everyone in the same position as her.

FTR, the offending comments have now been removed and we can continue just to gaze at the CE in awe/rage about it not being available in many places.

Gee guys, I can't wait to get the "You-Bawwed-Enough-So-Here-It-Is" Edition for the US! I hear it's going to have an exclusive tin made entirely out of the tears of Sega Employees! Ooooooooh, I can hardly wait happy.png

Edited by Classic EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

Gee guys, I can't wait to get the "You-Bawwed-Enough-So-Here-It-Is" Edition for the US! I hear it's going to have an exclusive tin made entirely out of the tears of Sega Employees! Ooooooooh, I can hardly wait happy.png

....LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! laugh.png

Okay so let's get back on topic. The best part in my opinion is the Ring and the Statue. Both are very-very special.

There's two of them? Eesh.

Back to lighter matters- what's your favourite part of the collection? I thought it's be the figure hands down, but to be honest I absolutely love the box and the ring is something special.

The documentary, art book and ring have me the most excited. Can't pick a favourite out of those.

The documentary, art book and ring have me the most excited. Can't pick a favourite out of those.

There's a sonic documentary included with it?

Well I can't say much about that, but I may end up getting the ring and art book (likely not with the bundle)

That statue and ring... The art book isn't that big of a deal to me since it seems like a pamphlet rather than an actual art book. And the music, well you'll get that from other cds or the actual OST.

The person who gets the ring numbered 00001 will be soo kewl.

That ring......."My Precious!"

Sorry...I had to. rolleyes.gif

The one ring to rule them all.

All of a sudden this song becomes oddly fitting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll593ITRC1s

Seriously, though, I think the Statue, the Ring, and the documentary are the most interesting parts of the CE in my opinion.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

Favorites says "Hi".

Also, there are documentaries on YouTube that talk about how Sonic was created.

Damn... you might as well watch people play the game for you on Youtube too.

I mean know need to BUY it right? You can just watch people play it for you on Youtube for free.

That's what you're basically saying in your post lol.

This is some novelty stuff here, and is more than worth it to any Sonic fan willing to buy it.

Looking at it from a computer screen isn't owning it, the disc for the documentary and music look damn good who wouldn't want a physical copy of that!!?? The statue is hella nice, the artbook is gonna be awesome, and it looks hardcover(Yes yes!!). Scans can't replace that imo, maybe for you, but as a fan of art and Sonic I must own it.

Sonic will only have one 20th Anniversary, and buying this will probably require me to cutback on maybe 1-2 games this November. Which I'm more than fine with, those games aren't going anywhere(I'm still buying Uncharted 3 lol), and come Christmas, they'll probably have a bunch of sales where I can those games for cheaper than they were that launch date(I'll be buying Deus Ex for only $35 next week, and it hasn't even been out a month).

Just because you can't own it, doesn't mean you should try and devalue it to be content with not being able to own it.

I'm in the US, and I'll be importing this, The PS3 being region free is a freaking blessing!!!

Edited by 2Fast2Serious
  • Thumbs Up 6

*facepalm* death threats? Are you kidding me? Sometimes I find it disturbing of what sonic can do to people's minds.

We are speaking of the same fanbase that sent death threat mails to Roger Craig Smith when he started working as Sonic's VA. I feel bad for Kellie the same way I felt bad for Roger back then. Those attitudes are just sad :(

Luckily I can't see the post when i press the spoiler topic. But this is the kind of immature stuff that makes us the laughing stalk of the internet. I feel very disappointed that the Collectors edition didn't come here but i would never do this kind of profound thing. I was mad yes but after this i'm grateful for just getting the game. Sega you don't deserve this. At all. Neither did roger. I felt so sad for the guy. I literally just felt my insides just go cold. The same feelings go here. Why do people have to be so immature and act like this is religion or polotics. I wish i could apologize for the way they acted towards you guys.sad.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Damn... you might as well watch people play the game for you on Youtube too.

There's no point since I'll have the game on November 1st, which is another reason to be positive about this.

This is some novelty stuff here, and is more than worth it to any Sonic fan willing to buy it.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

Looking at it from a computer screen isn't owning it

Isn't the computer screen a monitor? Like a TV screen?

Scans can't replace that imo, maybe for you, but as a fan of art and Sonic I must own it.

Why do you think I even suggested scanning it? Then one person can have the artbook and thousands of other fans can have the artwork. Heck, I'd make avatars or banners with it. This way it wouldn't have to be exclusive to the UK and be available to everyone.

Just because you can't own it, doesn't mean you should try and devalue it to be content with not being able to own it.

Saying that something will appear on the internet later is devaluing it?

I'm in the US, and I'll be importing this, The PS3 being region free is a freaking blessing!!!

The Xbox 360 isn't region free?

Anyway, all I'm saying is there's no reason to be like the people raging on the SEGA blog right now.

If you want to get this version of the game, more power to you.

If you don't want to get this, more power to you.

If you sending threats to SEGA, we need to have a talk.

Edited by STrainer

Is anyone able to explain this oddity? This screenshot is from SEGA's Press site. They've got both Germany and FRG (Federal Repubic of Germany) listed separately. But like... FRG is Germany. It's like listing UK and United Kingdom as different things.

frgandgermany.png

Is anyone able to explain this oddity? This screenshot is from SEGA's Press site. They've got both Germany and FRG (Federal Repubic of Germany) listed separately. But like... FRG is Germany. It's like listing UK and United Kingdom as different things.

frgandgermany.png

Are those the only countries they are releasing the ce?Or there are more that aren't on that picture.

Are those the only countries they are releasing the ce?Or there are more that aren't on that picture.

That's everything listed on the site. However, there may be more than simply haven't been showcased. Like, both my Colours Special Editions are Belgian. No websites have pictures quite matching the ones I have.

That's everything listed on the site. However, there may be more than simply haven't been showcased. Like, both my Colours Special Editions are Belgian. No websites have pictures quite matching the ones I have.

Hope so, I didn't wanted to order it from another country(moneysad.png )...

So many games this year...

I am shooting for the statues and the ring the most. Art book, soundtrack and interviews are wonderful as well, but they're bonuses on top of a great classic and Modern Sonic meant to be displayed with one another. The ring is just to look boss in that little display its got going on there.

I choose to ignore the stupid people on the internet. Some look like trolls, but it's sometimes hard to tell.

Edited by Tiller

There's no point since I'll have the game on November 1st, which is another reason to be positive about this.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

Isn't the computer screen a monitor? Like a TV screen?

Why do you think I even suggested scanning it? Then one person can have the artbook and thousands of other fans can have the artwork. Heck, I'd make avatars or banners with it. This way it wouldn't have to be exclusive to the UK and be available to everyone.

Saying that something will appear on the internet later is devaluing it?

The Xbox 360 isn't region free?

Anyway, all I'm saying is there's no reason to be like the people raging on the SEGA blog right now.

If you don't want to get this, more power to you.

If you sending threats to SEGA, we need to have a talk.

Ooo oo I love these, my turn.

"There's no point since I'll have the game on November 1st, which is another reason to be positive about this."

Why buy the game? Can't you watch it through your computer monitor? Which is a TV screen AMARITE? FOR FREE you wouldn't even have to spend a dime on the game/biggrin.png

"Thanks for agreeing with me."

Don't be numb here, it's not novelty stuff if you think looking at it through a screen is the same thing as owning it *sigh*.

If I agreed with you, I wouldn't own all the comic books, or movies that I have. I just wait for them to go on the Internet, it's the same as physically owning it right? If anything, you prove my point, which is why you're buying Sonic Generations rather than renting it right?.. or are you gonna look at it through your computer from start to finish?? Lol jk jk

"Isn't the computer screen a monitor? Like a TV screen?"

You make no sense here, you don't even oppose, address, or answer my previous statement. Looking at it through a screen isn't owning. Congratulations, you have selective reading.

"Saying that something will appear on the internet later is devaluing it?"

No, but you made that statement so you could feel better about not purchasing it therefore you mentally undermined its value, everything appears on the Internet later buddy, it's 2011. Come on now.

"The Xbox 360 isn't region free?

If you don't want to get this, more power to you."

Haha what in the sticky motherfuck are you talking about? I never said the 360 version wasn't region free, if it is, that's freakin great for 360 importers. Hope some of them feel the same way I do, I was just speaking for me personally, did you really take that as me taking a shot at the 360? Wow... just wow bro.

I'm not acting like anyone, you're just being over defensive. You stated your view on the Collectors Edition, I stated mine, it's pretty simple. Am I not allowed to speak out on what I think? This is a discussion board afterall, come on now, we're all Sonic fans here :3

I don't know how me having a different opinion than you means I send death threats to SEGA. Nice logic, and I'm the irrational one lol.

If this doesn't see the light in the US, then oh well, but regardless I'll buy it, cause I love Sonic.

I don't care if you buy it or not, look at it through your computer fine by me, but don't say it's the same as owning, cause it just isn't. Don't make it seem like the people who are buying it are wasting their hard earned money, while you save it simply because you can look at it through your computer. Either way, in the end, we'll all be enjoying Generations happy.png

Edited by 2Fast2Serious

Why...

Why?!

ARGH, I'm sort of pissed there's no US edition...this stuff looks really awesome and I'd like to start collecting Sonic merch with this...

I really, REALLY hope the US gets something close to this, if not the same thing....

The thing I would be wanting want from it is the Artbook and that ring. When I was little I always used to pretend yellow/gold rings were Sonic rings, and pretend to collect them, and...

...Uh, I'll stop there.